View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2018, 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 187  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

ManicMan wrote:
they aren't working on legends? last I heard, 23 march 2018 (update #124) there were still working on bits.

when did they say they are stopping work on Legends?

They should be still working on Legends, but we don't know what they have been doing quite some months to advance it. They apparently haven't reached any milestones yet (like completed the first story arc) so they may be working on other products at the moment: "We will wrap up development on these products [Legends] and provide you with updates once milestones are hit, in the same manner as production."

Actually when I read the March update, this was a rather interesting point mentioned: "Because our primary plastic production is backlogged, we cannot responsibly add new plastic items (such as Frostbyte Reach) into the queue.". Same should be true with Ninja All-Stars clans, right? So are they only selling a small batch of repacked ones? Ok, NAS clans aren't new per se.

Last edited by nakano on June 5th, 2018, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 5th, 2018, 7:22 pm
Mini-Boss

of course, we don't know if 'completely the first story arc' is a milestone.

================

June 5th, 2018, 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

That's true. We don't know their milestones. I was assuming finishing the first story arc would let people play full Legends campaign, though, and be one of their milestones.

June 5th, 2018, 7:25 pm
Mini-Boss

fair enough ^_^ I don't like that limited information being released on various points but kinda like to make sure, we aren't jumping the gun and pretending things have been confirmed (like they aren't working on something, or whatever) which haven't been.. there has been WAY too much of that..

================

June 5th, 2018, 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Lets try not to stir things up but have reasonable talk..

ND teamed up with another company to do some figures for some game or other. For various reasons, the figures were cut up into wave releases. It seams some people have got their first wave figures and are claiming a lot of problems with them. I don't know much about what is going on so.. any information (without bias and stuff.. just the facts ma'am). I remember at one point some people ranting at how this delayed SDL cause it the other company pressured them to get there minis done first.. but since reports say they are resin, not plastic, that seams to have been unfounded..

================

June 6th, 2018, 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

March 13th, 2018, 5:37 am
Darkmoonowl wrote:
Also, RE:TheHandsomeDan
I know you mentioned about them (possibly) needing to raise extra money through the new $40 mini. I realized how perfect of an opportunity it would be to make crossover cards for their existing Ninja All-Stars (Heroes and Ronin), as that way, they don't need to create new minis from scratch. Maybe they could charge a $1 for each card, have a discounted option for buying all the cards, and mainly allow people to buy both the individual minis and the new cards to go with them. I don't own Ninja All-Stars, so I wouldn't buy these Ronin figures. HOWEVER, if they came out with those cards, I would definitely pick up some that I'd really love to play with as heroes (or maybe even mini bosses).

Welp, time to put my money where my mouth is.

I'm probably not the first and only person who suggested this idea, but even then, it feels so good to have it become a reality.

June 7th, 2018, 2:33 am
Ninja Corps

You know the only problem I have with the new NAS conversion units is Jorogumo is a boss and I had her painted up as a mini-boss for my Hidden Forest Warband. Now I guess I'll have to get a new mini-boss to replace her.

-ape2020

June 7th, 2018, 3:10 am
Minion

ape2020 wrote:
You know the only problem I have with the new NAS conversion units is Jorogumo is a boss and I had her painted up as a mini-boss for my Hidden Forest Warband. Now I guess I'll have to get a new mini-boss to replace her.

-ape2020

Yea, she never seemed like much of a boss to me. The theme of bosses always seemed to be a "named entity" as opposed to a "race" which is how the Jorogumo are presented. Now if they had, say, an INDIVIDUAL Jorogumo character as a boss, I would have been more satisfied, but honestly, I'm not sure if I like the recent direction for the NAS crossovers anyways. They're Heavily geared towards Arena play as opposed to traditional SDE play.

Based on the NAS franchise, a more thematic boss owuld have been the Moon Princess, as she used all 6 elemental affinities in NAS. Jorogumo only used 2.

Its a sad missed opportunity that they did away with the elemental affinities. It was a great mechanic they could have built off of, but that's not how Justin writes content, unfortunately.

Similarly, I'll bet Onibaba is the next NAS "Boss" they make, as the community has already done fan versions of that (another character that didn't SCREAM boss to me.)

June 8th, 2018, 6:49 pm
Denizen

I think Jorogumo is a great candidate for a boss and happy that she won't need creeps.

June 8th, 2018, 7:44 pm
Ninja Corps

nakano wrote:
ManicMan wrote:
Actually when I read the March update, this was a rather interesting point mentioned: "Because our primary plastic production is backlogged, we cannot responsibly add new plastic items (such as Frostbyte Reach) into the queue.". Same should be true with Ninja All-Stars clans, right? So are they only selling a small batch of repacked ones? Ok, NAS clans aren't new per se.

Yes, essentially - these NAS models were already produced, assembled and ready some time ago. They were likely just sitting in a warehouse somewhere, so they stuck them in new packaging and got new cards printed so they could sell us something new while they wait for the production slots to open up at the new factory.

June 10th, 2018, 6:00 pm
Minion

I'm hoping that's the case. I could foresee a few reasons it might not be -some of them could actually be valid/supportable reasons. As it stands, there's just a lot that likely falls under one of two categories:
A.) things they CAN'T realistically tell us without pissing off industry partners or shutting a lot of metaphorical opportunity doors.
B.) Things they don't want or feel comfortable telling us, this category would contain past delay notices we've received WELL AFTER they had to have known product wasn't being manufactured.

Now that at least one of my February pre-orders is in the mail, I'll probably feel a lot more "warm and fuzzy" about potentially ordering some of the NAS content soon, so that I can take a look and see for myself. Even if it is new plastic, I've given it a lot of thought, and come to at least one reason that could be the case that wouldn't be a horrible thing in itself.

June 12th, 2018, 11:57 am
Mini-Boss

For the short term, having it being repackaged product means there isn't some magical plastic pipeline that got directed to produce NAS while SDE:L is still delayed.

In the long term, it means that the supplies for repackaged NAS will inherently be limited until SDE:L/plastic production backlog is filled. So if NAS repackaged product is very popular...well, we'll see.

June 12th, 2018, 2:55 pm
Minion

Yeah, I'm really curious as to how much crossover there's already been. If the same people who bought SDE also largely bought NAS, then they're just going to need the cards mostly. If not, then we'll probably see significant movement on this one.

June 13th, 2018, 10:40 am
Minion

SDEL backers = 6611

NAS backers = 3282

Lots of SDE people are propably still missing NAS minis?

June 13th, 2018, 1:17 pm
Mini-Boss

of course, that isn't that great a number.. That backers doesn't include Shop brought versions via the SPM more then just via KS, unless they carried over the numbers.

also, doesn't include any other SD product, or NAS products via other ways.. in fact.. sorry, but... them figures don't really mean anything..

================

June 13th, 2018, 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Yeah the numbers don't really mean much as said because of non KS purchases and the fact that plenty of people will have gotten into NAS but not SDE as well as the other way around. I think an important thing to think about is that a lot of people like myself who own lots of SDE products and never picked up NAS are investing in the now cheaply available OOP NAS products third party rather then paying for the repacked stuff at full retail, especially if they are a non US collector. However, I don't actually really think its all that important for ND right now to sell loads of new NAS products to a new market, obviously its important. BUT. I think the most important thing to come out of the move is to not have wasted all the time, money and passion poured into Ninja All Stars over the years. Honestly, what they are doing is probably the best way they could have gone about it. It also gives people who are grumpy about legends something to 'chew on', while also allowing ND to feel guilt free about it because we wont here the typical 'How dare they make x and y when they should have been working on the Kickstarter'. Really for all of ND bad decisions I think they made the best out of a bad situation here. I just hope to see a single NAS upgrade deck when this is all finished, cause again international shipping is still a problem.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 13th, 2018, 2:48 pm
Minion

I just meant that there seems to be more SDE "owners" than NAS "owners", so there might be some demand for NAS-SDE boxes?

June 14th, 2018, 7:33 am
Minion

Foxwhisperer wrote:
I just meant that there seems to be more SDE "owners" than NAS "owners", so there might be some demand for NAS-SDE boxes?

Oh definitely, there will be a market for NAS product for SDE fans. I got $230+ worth of NAS stuff the day this was all announced, granted at a fraction of that cost third party. I think most people who don't already have the NAS stuff will probably want to just save time and effort and just buy it with the cards prepackaged. At least if they are within the US.

I think what is really important now is to get a ninja tile pack with some ninja themed creeps. At least that's what I'd want. Heck if they wanted to they could repack the Ninja Ambush with it, add in the FK base loot deck and treasure deck and call it an alternative base game. :lol: (I mean legend and 2.0 are probably years away at this point still anyway.....)

June 14th, 2018, 9:52 am
Minion

SDE Ninja Arcade!

4 Ninja heroes.

Ninja dungeon boss (Jorugoma or whoever), Ninja 2 spawn pointer (One of the shrine clans), Ninja 1 spawn pointer (maybe samurai guards re-worked as 1 spawn pointer), Ninja mini-boss (ninja leader)

Add few maps (if the NAS maps could be re-worked as SDE maps = add squares and symbols)

Add ninja themed loot decks (needs some new pictures) or even just the SDE Arcade loot deck if feeling lazy.

Add SDE Arcade cards (Graphics are ready)

This way we would get official arcade cards so that we could actually start playing the game again...

Great idea! (never gonna happen)

June 14th, 2018, 12:18 pm
Minion

Another fluff update was a bit of salt in the wound for me personally. :|

June 14th, 2018, 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 187  Next