View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2018, 4:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Valentines day candy ship date? 
Minion

So I'm going to address these one at a time:

Holy Cross wrote:
So basically you expect something for nothing? And that anything less is sinister/greedy/only in it for the money?

You're also adhering to 'SPM only cares about money, otherwise they'd give everything away for free'?

...Asking for a friend.

We're not talking about my personal expectation. To expect something for nothing in this society would be foolish. But to assume that expecting something in return for something isn't selfish is... well.... laughable... :3

You ever seen Fullmetal Alchemist? The first series, not brotherhood? How the main theme of the story was "equivalent exchange" and how the main villain... I think her name was Dante, right? Remember how she said that equivalent exchange cannot exist because equivalence is more or less subjective? That's my point.

You said that money is, and I quote
Holy Cross wrote:
(the world's most necessary evil)
so from that point alone, you acknowledge that money, is essentially, evil. So what does that make those who seek it, let alone those who seek it/ generate it in mass quantities?

As for previous comments, and in support of @HolyCross conversation:

Even a non-profit or charitable business wants to make money, what they do with it at the end of the day may vary (a lot less than most people think), but they're a business seeking money just like anyone else... Otherwise they aren't a "business".

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
Goodwill seeks donations, sells things in storefronts and online. One of the many ways they "give back" is by employing otherwise unemployable or difficult to employ people to work their thrift operation, which both compounds their tax write-off potential and feeds back into their own income. Goodwill makes money. They value their bottom dollar immensely. Is it because they're greedy, or because they want to give back to s certain portion of the community? At the end of the day it's both, one supports the other.

Businesses that don't actually want a profit cease to exist. And let's be honest here, this is basically an offshoot of the toys and entertainment markets... Would you honestly expect those markets to exist in some healthy way without being greedy? We wouldn't have Pokemon, Ninja Turtles, G.I.Joe, Barbie, He-Man, or the Video Game consoles we enjoy today if not for corporate greed. What, is SPM/ND supposed to be different because they're newer? Nobody gets into the mass produced games industry so they can work full time, listen to us complain at them day in and day out, and then give away the results of their work for free. The notion is ridiculous. They haven't claimed to be a non-profit, it's not like they've hidden this behind an elaborate curtain. The point is moot, we all knew they were for-profit going in, none of us forgot, and it was never a secret.

I don't know if your comment was meant to be for, against, or neutral, but either way, this sentiment is ENTIRELY my point. Regardless of what the use of it is, it's a necessary evil generated by greed. Greed in the bible, is a sin (and I'm not even Christian, but for those of you who are).

To further my point (not disagreeing with you by any stretch of the imagination Dan) Companies don't wake up in the morning and say "you know what, I've made enough money. I'm good." No, they say "How can we top last years numbers?"

As you all know, resources are finite. That includes money (in only the most technical of senses). They wake up every morning trying to figure out how to get more money and either they succeed or fail. At the end of the day though, the company owners keep their ump-trillions, even if the company goes under (not saying that allcompanies are that successful, but still).Any way you slice it, every company wants to be that, and by previously listed definitions, that, is evil, sinister, whatever negative word you want to use.

InfinityMax wrote:
Out of curiosity, do you have a job? Do they pay you money at your job? Would you show up to work if they did not pay you money at your job? Do you believe somehow that the company could still pay you money if they did not make money?

I'm just curious whether we're debating 'business = sinister' with a high-school freshman whose parents pay his bills or an egalitarian hippie living under a bridge and stealing wifi.

Actually, quite the contrary. I'm 30 something, live with 3 roommates,moved out when I was 18 went to college, made some mistakes, made some good choices, made some realizations, on the verge of potentially getting married, all that jazz.

Now, in answer to your question would I show up to work if they didn't pay me? Absolutely not. Who would? Do I think that the company could still pay me if they did not make money? Absolutely not.

But here's my rebuttal: Do I think a company would take free labor over paid labor if they could get away with it? You're darn skippy they would. Why? Because they are a business. They exist to make money. Businesses have been doing it for years. The most famous one was slavery. Free labor. And the only reason it was abolished? Loss of jobs hurting the economy, not altruism, but hey, it's something right? The ability for the country to sustain itself? Companies were so intent on making money that they did it not only at the expense of human life and rights, but their own country as well? (Sounds familiar, we have another form of that today where companies seek labor from prisons and other countries) :3

Let me tell you a story, one that just concluded... this Friday in fact.

I used to work in sales. Not glamorous, but it paid the bills. Made good money in sales, yadda yadda. I was a 3rd key manager. Unlike my General and Assistant managers, I came in early to make sure all the daily non- sale tasks were done before the store opened. I made sure everyones' timecards were up to snuff, cleaned the store, organized and inventoried the merchandise, and made myself solely responsible for the department that made salespeople absolutely no money. Why? I was the most skilled, and it had to get done (altruism? Maybe. I didn't like doing it, but it got done the best it could be). Then I got injured (box fell on my knee, hyper-extending it). Granted, this wasn't on the job, so I wasn't granted any sort of compensation, butafter insurance, diagnosis, the job strongly suggested I go on disability leave, take some time to heal (philanthropists aren't they? Thinking of me in my time of need?) I came back to find out that they were cutting hours, so I was demoted and reduced to 12 hours a week. My position was "liquidated" as they sayand they offered me a position for 12 hours a week at 10.00 an hour. But hey, since we're talking company philanthropy.

Anyways, the point to all this is: companies care as long as they can make money. Their thoughts and methodology is not altruistic, it is to make money. If you cease to help that end, they will cut you. If the methods to making money aren't working, they will change (within their power so long as the long term goal is money) their methods in order to continue to make money.

Anyways, I'm done arguing this point, so if I haven't convinced you by this point, there's no point talking about it anymore, and I have better things to do... :3

April 30th, 2018, 5:15 pm
Minion

Well, I've read all of that twice now, and I'm not actually sure what you were even trying to argue.

Whatever the case, I probably wouldn't recommend bringing any holy book into it... Nonreligious debates have a way of looking very silly the moment you try to back them up with contrived religious logic -they're just two different things that really have no place in the same discussion here, and while I'm not personally offended there's a good chance that others might get upset by it or where it can tend to go. Everyone has their beliefs about religion, and everyone here probably has their beliefs about the product, but I doubt anyone consulted their religious leaders or tomes when deciding whether or not to purchase SPM's products, so I try not to associate the two. ^_^

Also "Sales" is a very sheepish way of saying "Retail". Much in the same way that someone could say they work in the medical industry, when their actual job is to mop up and scrub down the one appointment room between patients at a small but quite busy proctologist's office -it might technically be true, but it's significantly far enough off that the majority of people wouldn't primarily or initially describe it as "medical" work. "Sales" typically indicates a position making specific commission per product/widget/account they sell, and is often quite financially lucrative. This is of course, not to be confused with the people showing up at your door to sell you random goods during the dinner hour, looking quite desperate to sell anything from their box or catalog -because while they may think they work in sales they typically work either in scamming people out of money, or as the bottom tier of a pyramid scheme. Whereas someone who stocks the shelves and ensures products are available for customer to access easily is... Well, its retail. I worked retail, there's no shame in it, unless you try to make it sound nicer with a more vague title haha.

Out of curiosity though, what part of the country do you live in? I might have a reasonably comfortable suggestion for you if you're looking for a bit of a "next step" in pay from your last position and don't mind changing industries but using some of the skills you've built in retail.

Also, how about that candy miniature? Boy, it sure does look great. Maybe we should all make videos a la the Nintendo Switch cartridge taste tests, I mean CANDY is in the name, right? They're basically telling us to put her I our mouths. What more could they do to encourage us? I guess the could affix a Tide pod to her... Lol.

May 8th, 2018, 12:21 pm
Mini-Boss

In a way, it's a bit annoying but not fully a problem that last week, SPM said via Facebook that there would be a post about the Candy figure coming up soon.. then they gave a comment which was good news that the figure had finally been dispatched from the resin castor and was heading to them, where they would sort it out and ship (I don't know if there resin castor does the cards and boxes or if that is SPM job in this transaction).

If the castor is, as some people say, in the USA, then I would expect 1 max for it to get to SPM's office/warehouse/factory/whatever. So depending on what they need to do before shipping, Shipping should really be between now and next Wednesday.. and still waiting for post about the figure... shame there website is SOOO out of date and most information is via FB or Twit. They don't even put the downloadables on there site anymore..

Hey, any SPM guy.. want a Website assistance? I got a good history for that and I can manage having the downloads and news feeds up to date for ya..

================

May 9th, 2018, 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Ninja

ManicMan wrote:
In a way, it's a bit annoying but not fully a problem that last week, SPM said via Facebook that there would be a post about the Candy figure coming up soon.. then they gave a comment which was good news that the figure had finally been dispatched from the resin castor and was heading to them, where they would sort it out and ship (I don't know if there resin castor does the cards and boxes or if that is SPM job in this transaction).

If the castor is, as some people say, in the USA, then I would expect 1 max for it to get to SPM's office/warehouse/factory/whatever. So depending on what they need to do before shipping, Shipping should really be between now and next Wednesday.. and still waiting for post about the figure... shame there website is SOOO out of date and most information is via FB or Twit. They don't even put the downloadables on there site anymore..

Hey, any SPM guy.. want a Website assistance? I got a good history for that and I can manage having the downloads and news feeds up to date for ya..

I'm not sure where you get 1 day max from. When I ship stuff to Florida from CT it takes a week. When I ship to Cali it takes 2 days. American Shipping is awful.

If you are interested in helping out with the web page I would highly suggest emailing the team, I highly doubt they will read that post.

May 9th, 2018, 1:39 pm
Minion

Well it's good to know that there has been some updated information, even if it's somewhere weird or random. At least that's something I suppose.

I'd be more than happy to set them up with free cross-posting tools, so that they can communicate with their customers across several channels of their choosing with a single post on their part. The website could definitely use some tlc (I imagine that whoever handles that probably has several other full time job functions that are higher priorities, that happens sometimes at smaller companies)... But even just getting that communication out more consistently would be a huge boost for community perception and relations. ^_^

I don't have the sense that John, Deke, or any of the others are spiteful by any stretch of the imagination, but I do get the impression that networking and communications may not be something they have any experience with outside of SPM. A lack of experience there can lead to honest mistakes or misjudgements, not realizing how people might respond differently to very minor tweaks in wording or timing. Scott may not be perfect, but I get the impression that he either has previous experience, or that he has a more reserved demeanor that leads him to a bit more deliberately courteous with his interactions. Justin was similar in that regard too. I suppose everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, no?

As for emailing the team, I've had mixed luck. Getting an initial enthusiastic response is hit or miss, getting further isn't so easy.

May 9th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Mini-Boss

Ah, didn't mean one day.. I meant to type week. but looks like I didn't type any measurement of time.. just say "1 max".. so you jumped a bit Jesty but it was really my fault for missing a word.. don't you hate when you are typing but your brain is two or three words ahead and then just jumps to catch up?

I'll probably get around to e-mailing them next week.. but doubt it'll lead to much. never had too much luck with it ^_^;

Can't find the comments on FB I was looking for to post them.. but they did post a message to say about how candy had been dispatched from the castor.. maybe if FB and Twit weren't such bad systems they would be easy to find..

but then, neither system was designed for such things..

================

May 9th, 2018, 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

I already got the Mistmourn Warg before I've gotten Candy or Randy... Really confused with the pattern here. Wish they'd be just a little more transparent.

May 11th, 2018, 4:14 am
Mini-Boss

Mistmourn Warg was produced and ready to ship when they released it.

Candy and Randy are preorders so they did not start production until after the preorder window closed.

Their estimates, based on when they put Sweetheart Candy up for preorder was that they could get preorders for all of Feb, put in the production order in March, and receive the product and have it shipped out in April. Obviously, this isn't how it worked out and it sounds like due to the bigger production order, they did not/will not receive the product until sometime in May (they may have it already) and it will be shipped in May.

Assumption of turnaround time is 1 month to produce and I assume 1 month window to ship is turning to 2 month to produce and receive and we'll see if they actually ship them out in May and everyone actually gets it in May (international shipping may take awhile!).

Based on that, the Tusk Raider and Warg may have been ordered and produced before they even put Sweetheart Candy up for preorder.

May 11th, 2018, 4:55 am
Ninja Corps

sleepy_laughter wrote:
Mistmourn Warg was produced and ready to ship when they released it.

Candy and Randy are preorders so they did not start production until after the preorder window closed.

Their estimates, based on when they put Sweetheart Candy up for preorder was that they could get preorders for all of Feb, put in the production order in March, and receive the product and have it shipped out in April. Obviously, this isn't how it worked out and it sounds like due to the bigger production order, they did not/will not receive the product until sometime in May (they may have it already) and it will be shipped in May.

Assumption of turnaround time is 1 month to produce and I assume 1 month window to ship is turning to 2 month to produce and receive and we'll see if they actually ship them out in May and everyone actually gets it in May (international shipping may take awhile!).

Based on that, the Tusk Raider and Warg may have been ordered and produced before they even put Sweetheart Candy up for preorder.

and by how fast the raider and warg went out of stock, they probably ordered them before putting candy up based on speculation that was pre-candy numbers too. So they sold out very fast because there wasn't enough to meet demand they didn't know would be there at the time. At least, that's my speculation. Have to wait for round 2 of the warg myself now :P

May 11th, 2018, 5:50 am
Denizen

That warg is cool. I like him. Going to need a Shapeways base for that dude, too, but at least they rounded the corners on the cards this time.

May 11th, 2018, 5:31 pm
Minion

Has anyone gotten any confirmation on when this is going to ship? I order the other two randy and the tusk raider and have not got a shipping confirmation on those two either. Which is making me hold back on ordering the warg and shroom.

May 16th, 2018, 9:53 pm
Minion

Samgillians wrote:
Has anyone gotten any confirmation on when this is going to ship? I order the other two randy and the tusk raider and have not got a shipping confirmation on those two either. Which is making me hold back on ordering the warg and shroom.

Got a shipping confirmation for my Candy already. Where you located?

May 16th, 2018, 9:57 pm
Minion

USA, Ohio to be more precise. I haven’t checked my email since around 4 so I’ll check and see if I received one.

May 17th, 2018, 12:20 am
Mini-Boss

shipping is taking a few days but that's not unexpected. depending on the size of the order and the various locations. I haven't got the shipping confirmed for Candy or the new Fungus yet, but then I live in the UK so they'll ship via a slightly different method at times, and I kinda expect notice in a couple of days.. if i'm gonna get it is another matter ^_^

================

May 17th, 2018, 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

I always seem to get shipping notifications well after whatever shipped has arrived or never. I don't think I can recall a time I got a notification before just getting whatever it was in the mail. XD

May 17th, 2018, 3:05 pm
Mini-Boss

for some reason, that happens more often with American companies for me, then English or Chinese, but happens on all, and it's never by a huge amount either way. It's quite funny in a way, to get a notice saying "Your order has now been dispatched" when I'm sitting there saying "It's right here in my hand.. Tracking gave it 4 days travel.. when do I get the message saying it's gonna be delivered"?

anyway.. turning up when you don't expect it can be better then knowing when it'll turn up sometimes

================

May 17th, 2018, 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

yay, just got my shipping orders through. despite what some things claim, it's about between a week to a month for US to UK first class shipping (trade routes are soo much better between the UK and.. well, anyone else. China mostly takes a week max and often with free shipping from various ones.. still, lets see ^_^

================

May 17th, 2018, 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Oh, stupid question of course.. can any one remember how NinjaPoints are worked out? kinda random reguardless of item price

EDIT: oh nevermind.. sorry, being stupid.. e-mails got mixed around ^_^ makes sense now

================

May 17th, 2018, 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

ManicMan wrote:
yay, just got my shipping orders through. despite what some things claim, it's about between a week to a month for US to UK first class shipping (trade routes are soo much better between the UK and.. well, anyone else. China mostly takes a week max and often with free shipping from various ones.. still, lets see ^_^

Just got mine as well... 2 in fact! How exciting :P

May 17th, 2018, 6:45 pm
Bottle Cap

Worship wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

Just got mine as well... 2 in fact! How exciting :P

Lucky you!

I'm still waiting on mine. Haven't received a notice of shipping either.

May 18th, 2018, 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next