View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2018, 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 186  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Mini-Boss

I agree /w Neph regarding doing something constructive or forgetting/waiting for it to deliver.

Although seeking a refund and going through the official legal channels I'd consider constructive, but not sure it'd be worth the time investment for me, personally.

I'd probably spend the time doing something to make the money back or adds sufficient value to not think/worry about the sunk cost.

April 24th, 2018, 4:51 pm
Minion

I'm not sure I'm at the most positive point, because I really don't know if it's going to deliver or not. I'm not convinced at this point. I'm not even convinced for Relic Knights -we saw pieces in hand there, but we saw extensive molds, master models, and if I recall correctly a white box sample for Wave I before learning it was to be moved and effectively restarted with a new factory.

I'm also not convinced it's a lost cause. Starfinder might be quite successful. I know the massive following that Pathfinder has, and I love sci-fi, but my personal experience reflects that sci-fi is a much tougher sell to the masses. Starfinder also hasn't been around nearly as long, so it hasn't had all that time to build the same large following. It could go either way, but even if it's a success, it comes with limitations because there are royalties owed to the licensor (Paizo), that's on top of production and the cost for 3D design work. There just isn't as much room to turn a profit there.

At the end of the day, there's not much any of us can do to help or hinder them either way. It is, for the most part, a matter of their decision making. I cannot imagine that they could possibly refund everyone at this point, which is what held me back from requesting one before they closed. I didn't feel right taking my money back knowing everyone couldn't and that the more who did the less likely we would see our product.

As much as we're all frustrated by the wait, it's frankly premature for people to be having serious discussion of legal actions on this. We aren't at the five year mark, and we don't have any concrete evidence that we're being truly or properly screwed over on this. If that changes, then sure, have at it. If that were to happen, I'd probably be one of the first to put my hat in the metaphorical ring. We aren't there yet, and jumping the gun or fabricating false information to get judiciary attention is a BAD idea -if you cry wolf now, before there's a verifiable legal ground for it, you're less likely to be considered later if it really is called for.

For better or worse, we need to see this through. It's pretty clear that they intend to prioritize manufacturing of the two remaining products that were funded after Legends. I understand that the licensor Paizo probably has their balls in a bit of a vice grip with some pretty aggressive licensing terms (they apparently clamped down a fee years ago, after watching their fans get screwed by a couple crowdfunding Fiasco's early on). As for Relic Knights... It's a smaller project by comparison, and as I understand it, there wasn't as much rework going on behind the scenes there.

Yes, I have concerns that SPM could wind down production on those two, and then declare that they're unable to fulfill these obligations -that way they only risk legal action for ONE project, which surely sounds better than three in court. But again, we aren't there yet. I do want to hear some amount of update on finding a new manufacturer soon -it doesn't need to be "We've started mass production", but at least something that lets us know you're getting samples or have locked in a new contract with someone to manufacture this product. If we haven't heard anything to that effect by June or July... I would be genuinely concerned at that point. But again, we're not there yet. And for now, it's a matter of sitting, waiting, and wondering if they'll ever write a fluffdate that actually relates to the minis in our prospective game, lol.

April 25th, 2018, 12:55 am
Denizen

Post removed - Jestor

April 25th, 2018, 4:32 am
Ninja Corps

growlley wrote:
Post removed by Jestor

Post removed- Jestor

April 25th, 2018, 9:16 am
Moderator Ninja

I'm just putting out one last reminder for people to read the terms of service on the board.
Be nice to each other. I let a lot of stuff go by on this thread. The ToS for the forum clearly state that posts that are nonconstructive and wholly negative to SPM, their products, policies etc are not allowed. There is also a "no ranting" rule. I get it. People are frustrated. I've let a whole lot go in this thread that are against the forum rules. Let's just cool off. Once people start talking legal action and such I have to shut things down and start deleting threads. I have not deleted anything yet. Don't force me to close the thread or blast it from the multiverse so far that even The Flash won't be able to find it :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12927

April 25th, 2018, 11:01 am
Mini-Boss

The cynics left him weapin'
And the jackals left him torn
And the jester reaches out blight
As he can touch the stars no more

sorry.. felt like it ^_^ no reason or any meaning.. just did it ^_^

================

April 25th, 2018, 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Post removed - Jestor

April 25th, 2018, 2:41 pm
Mini-Boss

Jestor, maybe a wipe on this forum is the best you could do for the company and for backers/fanbase. This place already is tainted and corrupted long time ago, not to mention outdated platform. Probably we going to lose good things posted here, but just warn us by a week to enable save some interesting pictures, links and anything else worth to save. Changes may hurt, but to reach the evolution they are necessary.

The company is destroying and abandoning the old and small exoskeleton that made it seem fluffy and welcoming due to the desire to grow, but with this comes the suffering of adapting to the new reality as a grown entity that causes strangeness to those who knew it from the beginning, because it does not look more like what it was, now a not so friendly company trying to balance in a disjointed way with the new size it has.

Image Image

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

April 25th, 2018, 2:52 pm
Mini-Boss

I would agree that SPM's business practices and goals have changed, primarily by diversifying, but being fluffy tends to be a luxury in business.

I do appreciate the pics, neph :).

I think removing the forums totally or deleting them and creating a new one doesn't fix the root cause. I do think it would be a loss for the community (e.g. painting modeling forums) or finding the obscure rules/errata that's still not officially documented, or the history/threads for other product stuff that folks didn't realize was going on b/c they took a break.

I do very much agree with the be nice to each other. We're forums peeps, not savages :)

April 25th, 2018, 4:45 pm
Denizen

Neph, you're my new favorite poster. It's like you drop in and sprinkle happiness on things. Plus the images and metaphors are a joy.

Keep doing that, brother. Totally loving it.

Also I want a mini of someone riding that big black beetle thing because that is awesome.

April 25th, 2018, 7:05 pm
Bottle Cap

InfinityMax wrote:
Also I want a mini of someone riding that big black beetle thing because that is awesome.

I smell either an Freyjan on a huge Dune beetle from the Arcadian Dunes, or another Elf on a Giant Forest Beetle

April 26th, 2018, 5:38 pm
Minion

Deke and John, if you're listening, you just got your community suggestion for the next resin model!

April 27th, 2018, 4:24 am
Mini-Boss

Is it too early to speculate about what the 5/2 update will/will not bring? :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

If they do a Lore update, I think maybe the Nagari are the only playable race mentioned in SDE:L hero handbook that not only has no fluff, also has no art. Else they can do Celestians maybe?

Given Gloomborn was in a similar boat and now has art (and potentially a model/sculpt in the future).

What is the likelihood that a new 'masterwork' resin model is announced 5/1 vs. 5/2?

What is the likelihood that we'll have a production update b/f DsDrew's world of super dungeon explore craft's campaign concludes and Holy Cross will have written 3 more campaign modules about Ser Ark?

What is the likelihood that SPM will declare that all new models will be based on positive images posted by Neph :lol: Beetle Riders go!

April 30th, 2018, 5:37 pm
Minion

I suspect the next Legends update will be about any of the following:

Rufio, hero of the Lost Boys of NeverLand
The Dark Orc Armies of Mordor
Baron Munchausen
A curious butterfly that somebody saw the other day

There are so many ways they haven't gone yet, and they're all just so relevant.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that at some point we'll see an actual production related update, but at this rate there's literally no reason to hold our breath for anything of value. I'm just looking at these fluffdates as a sort of "sign of life" from them, and nothing more.

April 30th, 2018, 11:07 pm
Bottle Cap

2 years have gone by. I don't even care anymore.

May 2nd, 2018, 12:09 am
Minion

sdkaylor wrote:
2 years have gone by. I don't even care anymore.

You do realize this is basically the equivalent of taking the time to post an answer that says "I don't know" on Amazon questions, right? Then again, the only other post you've made since 2016 was back in March:

sdkaylor wrote:
I'm actually happier just forgetting this even exists.

For someone who wants to forget this exists, you might try perusing the forums less. I've talked with people who literally decided that they had to do just that with the whole "HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Edition" debacle for similar reasons. I'm not saying that to be snarky, I understand that the more you look at something that you feel is a money hole that won't pay off... The more frustrated you'll be.

But on a more positive note...
I actually came here to share something mildly encouraging with some of the users here -one of the larger OLGS franchises actually restocked some of their Super Dungeon Explore stuff. I got four or five notifications that different Super Dungeon Explore products were now back in stock at CoolStuffInc, and it wasn't just the latest couple retail releases. They got some of the minibosses dating as far back as 1st edition. That may just be SPM/ND getting some more old stock off their shelves, but CSI hasn't restocked that stuff in quite some time, and it's not on clearance/discount. They're typically pretty conservative about that stuff. The fact that they're willing to now is actually somewhat encouraging. If they'd made a decision not to restock things, logic would stand to reason that they probably wouldn't change their minds unless they had reason to believe it was going to be in higher demand again soon. That last part is speculation of course, but it's logically sound speculation that fits within the very specific business patterns of an established retailer.

May 2nd, 2018, 5:39 pm
Mini-Boss

What's OLGS?

and your replies are pretty on mark. ^_^

================

May 2nd, 2018, 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Sorry, OLGS is an abbreviation for "Online Game Store" (I realize the L shouldn't be in there, but it's the commonly accepted abbreviation in a lot of tabletop related forums.)

Conversely, there's also the FLGS, which would be your "Friendly Local Game Store". In recent years there's been a lot of [very understandable] hubbub about supporting your local brick and mortar game shops, as it's pretty tough for them to sell much more than Magic: The Gathering, and the profit margins on that are so thin that by the time you've sold it, you might actually be losing money based on overhead costs alone. If I had a closer FLAGS, I would absolutely support it. I miss having a couple to pick from in my home town, they were a smidge more expensive than some of the deals I could find online, but there's something to be said for having a legitimately friendly employee there to assist and answer any questions you might have. ^_^

May 2nd, 2018, 6:38 pm
Mini-Boss

ah.. like I said before.. I don't deal as much in a lot of the forum circles like that.. I'm more old school... and basically we don't really have any game stores these days.. in fact, even in the old days we only had one half crap one which thought it was a good idea to more and more do that fake American Ninja stuff ¬_¬ god them people annoy the hell out of me.. I blame Eastman and Lard.. they didn't know a thing about Ninja's and didn't want anyone else to either ^_^

reminds me of the original Tick comic series.. when the one Ninja leader visits the America branch with there base at 'Ninja world'... Is till want the Ninja hedge t-shirt..

I guess there is a not too bad shop a little distance away.. very limited.. I noticed the other day they had a number of Army Builder paint sets.. but not the SDE one ¬_¬ I wouldn't buy that online but I would be tempted to if I saw it in the shop.

================

May 2nd, 2018, 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I actually came here to share something mildly encouraging with some of the users here -one of the larger OLGS franchises actually restocked some of their Super Dungeon Explore stuff. I got four or five notifications that different Super Dungeon Explore products were now back in stock at CoolStuffInc, and it wasn't just the latest couple retail releases. They got some of the minibosses dating as far back as 1st edition. That may just be SPM/ND getting some more old stock off their shelves, but CSI hasn't restocked that stuff in quite some time, and it's not on clearance/discount. They're typically pretty conservative about that stuff. The fact that they're willing to now is actually somewhat encouraging. If they'd made a decision not to restock things, logic would stand to reason that they probably wouldn't change their minds unless they had reason to believe it was going to be in higher demand again soon. That last part is speculation of course, but it's logically sound speculation that fits within the very specific business patterns of an established retailer.

That's very encouraging! Thanks Dan!

May 2nd, 2018, 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3711 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 186  Next