View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 14th, 2018, 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 3691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 185  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Mini-Boss

I agree /w Neph regarding doing something constructive or forgetting/waiting for it to deliver.

Although seeking a refund and going through the official legal channels I'd consider constructive, but not sure it'd be worth the time investment for me, personally.

I'd probably spend the time doing something to make the money back or adds sufficient value to not think/worry about the sunk cost.

April 24th, 2018, 4:51 pm
Minion

I'm not sure I'm at the most positive point, because I really don't know if it's going to deliver or not. I'm not convinced at this point. I'm not even convinced for Relic Knights -we saw pieces in hand there, but we saw extensive molds, master models, and if I recall correctly a white box sample for Wave I before learning it was to be moved and effectively restarted with a new factory.

I'm also not convinced it's a lost cause. Starfinder might be quite successful. I know the massive following that Pathfinder has, and I love sci-fi, but my personal experience reflects that sci-fi is a much tougher sell to the masses. Starfinder also hasn't been around nearly as long, so it hasn't had all that time to build the same large following. It could go either way, but even if it's a success, it comes with limitations because there are royalties owed to the licensor (Paizo), that's on top of production and the cost for 3D design work. There just isn't as much room to turn a profit there.

At the end of the day, there's not much any of us can do to help or hinder them either way. It is, for the most part, a matter of their decision making. I cannot imagine that they could possibly refund everyone at this point, which is what held me back from requesting one before they closed. I didn't feel right taking my money back knowing everyone couldn't and that the more who did the less likely we would see our product.

As much as we're all frustrated by the wait, it's frankly premature for people to be having serious discussion of legal actions on this. We aren't at the five year mark, and we don't have any concrete evidence that we're being truly or properly screwed over on this. If that changes, then sure, have at it. If that were to happen, I'd probably be one of the first to put my hat in the metaphorical ring. We aren't there yet, and jumping the gun or fabricating false information to get judiciary attention is a BAD idea -if you cry wolf now, before there's a verifiable legal ground for it, you're less likely to be considered later if it really is called for.

For better or worse, we need to see this through. It's pretty clear that they intend to prioritize manufacturing of the two remaining products that were funded after Legends. I understand that the licensor Paizo probably has their balls in a bit of a vice grip with some pretty aggressive licensing terms (they apparently clamped down a fee years ago, after watching their fans get screwed by a couple crowdfunding Fiasco's early on). As for Relic Knights... It's a smaller project by comparison, and as I understand it, there wasn't as much rework going on behind the scenes there.

Yes, I have concerns that SPM could wind down production on those two, and then declare that they're unable to fulfill these obligations -that way they only risk legal action for ONE project, which surely sounds better than three in court. But again, we aren't there yet. I do want to hear some amount of update on finding a new manufacturer soon -it doesn't need to be "We've started mass production", but at least something that lets us know you're getting samples or have locked in a new contract with someone to manufacture this product. If we haven't heard anything to that effect by June or July... I would be genuinely concerned at that point. But again, we're not there yet. And for now, it's a matter of sitting, waiting, and wondering if they'll ever write a fluffdate that actually relates to the minis in our prospective game, lol.

April 25th, 2018, 12:55 am
Denizen

Post removed - Jestor

April 25th, 2018, 4:32 am
Ninja Corps

growlley wrote:
Post removed by Jestor

Post removed- Jestor

April 25th, 2018, 9:16 am
Moderator Ninja

I'm just putting out one last reminder for people to read the terms of service on the board.
Be nice to each other. I let a lot of stuff go by on this thread. The ToS for the forum clearly state that posts that are nonconstructive and wholly negative to SPM, their products, policies etc are not allowed. There is also a "no ranting" rule. I get it. People are frustrated. I've let a whole lot go in this thread that are against the forum rules. Let's just cool off. Once people start talking legal action and such I have to shut things down and start deleting threads. I have not deleted anything yet. Don't force me to close the thread or blast it from the multiverse so far that even The Flash won't be able to find it :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12927

April 25th, 2018, 11:01 am
Mini-Boss

The cynics left him weapin'
And the jackals left him torn
And the jester reaches out blight
As he can touch the stars no more

sorry.. felt like it ^_^ no reason or any meaning.. just did it ^_^