View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2018, 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 project log: 3d models 
Minion

Working on some crossover/homage minis. first one up Robocop

Gotta finish up the limbs and add his gun still

some other ideas for minis include claptrap from borderlands, mega man and zero, 40k terminators and genestealers for chibi spacehulk.

had to modify it a bit more for printing, this should be the final version. Printed it on shapeways hopefully it goes through this time. Will post pics when I get the model in hand.

all the models done so far

Last edited by tat2artst on March 29th, 2018, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 11th, 2018, 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Yep. That is awesome. Would love Robocop to storm down the train. Any ideas for his ability? Could he use his thermal imaging to see into the next carriage? (i.e. like the long rifle?). Or maybe use his accurate targeting to target those raiders taking cover on the same carriage when they decide not to take part in a showdown, forcing them to take part even if they don't want to?

March 13th, 2018, 10:33 pm
Minion

Hadn't thought of any abilities but yours sound pretty good. I was planning on using him as a legendary lawbot. Maybe I'll try to make some custom cards.

Once I get the model and check it over I plan to release it for printing on shapeways.

Working on some custom bases to replace the boring plain ones too.

March 14th, 2018, 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

here is the first base. based on the locomotive tile. still need to add the beveling to the tiles.
planning on 2 more based on the high class sleeper carpet and the caboose tile

high class sleeper preview. should I make the design raised or lowered into the carpet?

I need opinions, cut out bases with fill in blocks for those that would prefer to cut their minis of the base or 2 separate versions of each design?

Also, raised or cut in? I think both look good.

stock car bases

March 14th, 2018, 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Here's the 8 I got done so far (4 with slots and 4 without)
Had to rework the so they will print with strong and fexible through shapeways, saving about $2 off each base compared to frosted detail. Got 2 more bases to go (caboose and blown out car)

Probably will scale some up to the bigger bases like the monsters have in sde (Planning on doing a monev the gale mini in the future that will need a bigger base)

and a bonus picture of stubcop on the carpet base

March 15th, 2018, 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

This is all looking excellent :D What software are you using? does it have presets for things like the non slip grating or are you modelling it manually? Using some kind of map based on a flat image?

With the carpet one I think raised is the way to go... You can paint the raised design neatly... the recessed one however will be much more difficult to paint cleanly in my opinion.

How are you going to attach the figures to the non slotted bases? The feet on some of these guys are absolutely tiny so I'm assuming pins rather than super glue?

March 16th, 2018, 12:21 am
Minion

Thanks, doing it all in blender. No presets I started with one little rectangle and just copied the pattern from the game tile. Same with the carpet I drew the cuts into a square in blender.

I'm planning on using the slotted bases and just snapping off the old base from the minis. There's some people on the facebook group that wanted not slotted bases and prefer to pin the minis, I'm afraid to cut off too much foot lol.

The 3d chibi models could go either way, I put cylinders out the bottom of the feet on the one in the picture and could easily punch out holes in the base model so no need to drill.

For the carpet bases I'm gonna print both ways and see how they turn out but I think the raised ones look a bit better.

Can't wait to finish the blown out car tile one, it's looking pretty good so far. I'll post some pics tomorrow

March 16th, 2018, 3:08 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Here is the wip blown out car base, didn't get time to finish it today but hopefully tomorrow.

I did start on another chibi, this one is based on Monev the Gale from Trigun
still a lot more to do with him, but he's looking pretty good.

backside, just finished up the ammo feeds/belts

blow out car base almost done, just tweaking the thickness of the wires for shapeways. they are being a pain

March 17th, 2018, 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Nice work! I hope you'll show us some finished prints later.

March 18th, 2018, 3:50 pm
Minion

Thanks, waiting till I have all the bases done and monev. $6 shipping each time from shapeways is expensive. Robocop should be here in a couple days so I'll be able to show off that print .

Got one more base style to do. Flat version of the blown out car is done but needs to be printed in the frosted detail because of the wires coming out of the damaged floor. Last base will be modeled after the caboose tile. Monev is close to done just have to do his lower legs and possible redo the head so the visor will be a thin removable piece over a full sculpted head

March 18th, 2018, 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I can't decide which size I like better, what do you all think?

heres a bonus pic of the shorter one colored in all the way.
now to get back to finishing the last base so I can get some 3d prints going.

boss size. l-r 32mm, 39mm, 62mm

March 19th, 2018, 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Robocop came, turned out smaller than I planned on. already Working on fixing the proportions should be ready for the next batch of prints. All 3 versions of monev are finally done and ready for first printing. Gotta make a 48mm base for the 60mm boss monev and finish the last caboose base. Should be 1-2 weeks from now depending how long the printing takes. I'm assuming there won't be any issues with the bases and hopefully Robocop and monev will look great so I can move on to the next minis.

heres v2 of robocop. fixed proportion and widened the visor

and bonus scale shot of boss size monev with finished slotted base

3-24 update:
just placed the order for the models that are finished. once the check them over and hopefully don't find any issues printing will begin. estimated delivery is 3/30-4/4

now I gotta go start on some more models.

March 21st, 2018, 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Working on the next model. Want to do a tachikoma too.

got a little more done today still more work to do.

shes almost done

what do you all think, this pose or the first one? I tilted the gun out and the head to the right a bit more

batou went a little crazy with cyborg mods

March 25th, 2018, 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

almost done with Batou

Last edited by tat2artst on April 3rd, 2018, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 28th, 2018, 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Minion

what do you all think of this head?

or this one?

got the prints today, they still needed work but good news is I already fixed them and all are ready for another round of printing (hopefully this time they are perfect proportions)
also managed to put this together, can't decide which helmet I like more

March 29th, 2018, 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Minion

heres a wip wolfwood.

April 5th, 2018, 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Minion

reworked megamans pose

and working on some 40k

April 10th, 2018, 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Minion

for those of you who aren't on the chibi gamers facebook group I got my 3rd round ofmodels monday

some were pretty close, others needed some more adjustments. I painted motoko to show of the detail, frosted detail does not show up well on my camera

I already have a few of the final versions up and ready for order. I'll be working on getting the rest of the models fixed and up in the next couple of days. I will also be adding the non slotted versions after I get the slotted versions all done. the bases are slightly smaller than sde and rri bases, they match the height of nas bases and games workshop bases.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bpdesigns

I'm hoping to add at least 1 new model a week once I get all the existing models fixed, just depends how busy I get with commissions.

April 17th, 2018, 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Putting together some custom cards. Taking suggestions for abilities, quotes and bios. I'm not much of a writer or game designer.

April 24th, 2018, 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

tat2artst wrote:
Putting together some custom cards. Taking suggestions for abilities, quotes and bios. I'm not much of a writer or game designer.

Dang, those cards look ace!

any chance in uploading a template of them?

April 24th, 2018, 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next