View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2018, 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Don't buy the heart/potion tokens 
Bottle Cap

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img924/1377/yIQ4q3.jpg
Yes, that is my thumb directly behind them and I assure you, I am no giant.

They look nothing like the picture. They quite frankly look like something you could find at a dollar store.

I love most of your products Soda Pop but these are a great disappointment and I feel I have to let people know what they're really getting.

March 11th, 2018, 12:55 am
Ninja Corps

Not 100% sure on scale, but those look exactly like the ones I got with the Forgotten King Kickstarter. I prefer over the cardboard tokens.

March 11th, 2018, 2:09 am
Denizen

I actually really like mine.

March 11th, 2018, 3:11 am
Mini-Boss

Sorry you don't like them. Those are the same as the Forgotten King Kickstarter. I'm not aware of SPM producing any others. We were a bit surprised when we got them that they were so small, but we ended up liking the smaller size b/c the hero cards get covered in so many tokens sometimes...but we also no longer put everything on the hero card. They are tough if you have big fingers, though, and we just use tokens and counters so that everyone has easy access. In retrospect, getting counters that had the base the same size as the counters would've made a lot more sense.

I agree, the color in the store picture is off, but it also doesn't provide any dimensions/comparisons, so technically isn't wrong. I haven't purchased more b/c I think $15 + shipping is too high for the size/quantity you get and I've never needed more potions or hearts than what came in the one pack.

March 11th, 2018, 3:27 am
Mini-Boss

I use mine instead of tokens too. The only problem is if you step on the potion ones. They hurt worse than LEGOs!

March 11th, 2018, 5:45 am
Denizen

I actually really like the plastic tokens!
The hearts especially, as they are small enough to place next to models on the board to keep track of things.
Can also be put on the base of large monsters to track damage.

March 11th, 2018, 9:34 am
Denizen

I also prefer to using plastic hearts and potions that I got from Forgotten King Kickstarter instead of card board tokens.

March 11th, 2018, 10:32 am
Mini-Boss

I like mine too. Way better than more cardboard.

March 11th, 2018, 9:19 pm
Consul

I don't think there's any fraudulent play that warrents a warning at hand here. The tokens are what they are.
I do agree with OP though - they do look small and cheap to me as well.

March 12th, 2018, 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Minion

I also own the Hearts and Potions. I think it is a good thing they are small as they don't take much space when placed on the map to mark the wounds taken by the elites.

Potions also don't take too much space or get in the way when placed on the hero cards.

So they are nice enough for what they're meant to be.

March 12th, 2018, 9:39 am
Ninja Corps

When I originally got them, way back when, I thought they were a bit dinky too. At first at least. After playing with them this while time, to me at least, I've come to much prefer them being smaller and unobtrusive. To the point of ordering an additional pack at on point (mostly for the hearts, there are more than enough potions in one pack).

Weather you like them small or not is a personal thing. But there's definitely no deception or fraud or anything going on here. This is just one of those things some people think aren't worth the cost to add to the game. They are 100% non essential and anyone who doesn't gt them isn't missing out on anything. It's nothing more than a personal enjoyment enhancer. And I'm super not trying to make them sound like an "adult massager" or anything here, despite my inadvertent innuendo. :oops:

March 12th, 2018, 10:56 am
Denizen

I own three sets of them to make sure I have plenty for everyone playing. I agree at first I found them small. But then when you are using them on your hero cards you realize how ideally sized they really are.

I don't think was a need to "Warn" people not to buy them. They are actually an awesome accessory to use and have.

March 12th, 2018, 11:16 am
Mini-Boss

sadly, I only have one pack of them.. and it's a bit tricky cause I need more hearts.. I might have to make my own...

anyway.. so.. this new guy trying to create trouble for some reason? more then give his personal view, claims.. what? something of a con with these? I don't get it at all..

================

March 12th, 2018, 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

They are super small, but I like using them.

March 12th, 2018, 2:57 pm
Mini-Boss

I don't think he's trying to create any trouble. He's sharing that he was disappointed in this purchase and wanted to help set expectations for anyone else interested in the heart/potion pack. For the price, I can certainly understand expecting the tokens to be bigger than they are regardless of how useful they are at their actual size.

I personally would not purchase more at the price point and only have them b/c they were included in the FK KS at the time and expect that many folks that have them did not have to decide to get them if they were also involved in the FK KS.

March 12th, 2018, 3:49 pm
Denizen

Quick note, I do believe last time these came back into the store, They said this would be their last run I believe, so I think once they go out, they are out for good.

March 12th, 2018, 4:56 pm
Mini-Boss

I do believe they did say they wouldn't do any more of theses ones..

also.. erm.. lets see.. $14.95 that's £10.74.. 26p each.. I would prefer less but that is a good comparable price for what they are. they would be twice the price at a 'Craft' shop.. The size of them is pretty good so you don't have to waste a HUGE amount of table space with them, but they are large and clear enough to see. These have been around for.. 4 years now..

================

March 12th, 2018, 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

I was led to understand that they were the same size as the other tokens in the game which would make sense. Being smaller to fit on the card is no help to me because I don't put them on top of the card in the first place when I play. So I'm left with something I really have no reason to use because they're just more awkward and easier to get lost.

March 13th, 2018, 12:55 am
Bottle Cap

I will buy them from you if you really do not want them. Contact me via facebook via the link in my signature.

Also, I would steer clear from titling things so harshly. Saying "DON'T" buy something is not so much of an opinion post, and can cause people to come into your thread with the wrong attitude. Perhaps say something like, "The heart/potion tokens are not as I expected." Much like how someone titled the Tusk Raider post as "$40?!!??!" We can tell they are upset, and it allows everyone to come in with an open mind.

By making your title slightly more neutral, and letting people know that you personally are disgruntled, without trying to influence everyone else, because as you see, most of the people in this thread quite like them.

Have a good day!

Facebook:
http://bit.ly/2E5EXct

Youtube:
http://bit.ly/2B9ygmG

Twitter:
http://bit.ly/2BFE3S6

Instagram:
http://bit.ly/2BFAI5w

March 13th, 2018, 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Lord T Hawkeye wrote:
I was led to understand that they were the same size as the other tokens in the game which would make sense. Being smaller to fit on the card is no help to me because I don't put them on top of the card in the first place when I play. So I'm left with something I really have no reason to use because they're just more awkward and easier to get lost.

I absolutely agree with this statement... I too purchased these, expecting that they should logically be a comparable size to the tokens they intend to replace. COMPARABLE, meaning at least somewhere in the ballpark, even if not exactly the same. The problem is that they are so small, that they're actually difficult to pick up, perhaps this isn't such a problem for small children or those with exceptionally small hands, but these are literally a bigger struggle to pick up than the cardboard chits. I can't think of a single other time I've paid for a premium board game upgrade and wound up putting it away in favor of the original cardboard... And I've upgraded quote a few of my games tokens over the years. These have truly been the absolute worst "upgrade" I've ever purchased for a board game.

What DOES seem deceptive about them, is that aside from the size issue, is that the clarity and sheen of the product shown on the store image doesn't match the real product on any level. The reality is a much more matted cloudy mess than anything they let on in the picture.

March 31st, 2018, 9:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next