View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 10th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 $40!?!?!?!?!!! 
Bottle Cap

What the hell is going on with these pricy figures. Seriously. SERIOUSLY! Resin, i get that it costs more. I held back and didnt order the new candy. Close to 30 bucks shipped i just couldnt pull the trigger for one figure. Now 40 without shipping for a new hero. Resin. Come on.

I rolled with the punches on everything with the kickstarter and still look forward to it. If this is a sneak peek at whats down the road, i think I might stop following this game after i get my kickstsrter in. I'm really disapointed. Any plans for a cheaper plastic version? Probably not. I also get that i don't have to buy it. Don't worry, i won't.

Seriously guys. One !SODA! hero is nearly the same price as an expansion.

March 1st, 2018, 9:46 pm
Ninja Corps

It seems their resin producers has raised their cost. TK and the other crossovers have jumped in price as well to $20 each. Any other miniature or game company (other then the makers themselves) using them? This guy might abe available outside spm and might go that direction to at least save on shipping.

March 1st, 2018, 10:12 pm
Denizen

Yes my response to the Tusk Raider was along the line of WHAT THE BALLS?! but I think they got me on this one. Takoashi - didn't fit with SDE. Candy Cavity - really didn't fit. But the walrus-riding dwarf? That fits. He'll be fun to paint. But holy mother of Mary, 40 bucks? That's going to be a tough call, especially compared to Beatrix and Testudo dropping in at $25 each and coming with creeps. Or Arcade costing $35. Hell, the golem was only $35, and he came with a whole video game!

March 1st, 2018, 10:29 pm
Mini-Boss

For sure this is the future of Super Dungeon. Insane pricey individual multi-part resin with overpowered hero card. Say goodbye to the plan to have everything from this franchise, for who had this plan.

Fellow USA backers, go spend money on this to give to company ways to deliver our pledges. America first!

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

March 2nd, 2018, 1:13 am
Minion

So I don't follow any other mini companies to know if production costs could possibly be going up all around. I believe their resin production is done in Europe somewhere as opposed to the plastics in China, so possibly changes in that area that have rolling effects on pricing (material availability/cost, stricter environmental guidelines, etc.) ? Just thinking out loud, so to speak.

I know a lot of other "boutique" style resin kits are pretty expensive, so I don't know that this is really out of line with other products.

It's an amazing figure though, and though my plans are to hold strong and wait for other things to come in before contemplating buying it's a tough decision to stand by. He's riding a freakin' Walrus!

March 2nd, 2018, 2:55 am
Ninja Corps

Just to add context, they've release Iron Golem, Roxor 2.0 and Tsudo in plastic, as far as I can tell this is the first 50mm base resin figure they've put out since King Starfire. That badass was $60. He was also one of the msot badass models they've released. SDE has never been a bargain / wallet friendly game.

If they pepper premium, high-quality, fast delivery minis inbetween plastic expansions with more cardboard, I think it would be healthy. Some of us completionists may groan, but I've loved reading the dichotomy between those that chose to dive into (or pass on) the Valentine Candy, and have had the immediate option to see something very different be able to make that same call.

March 2nd, 2018, 4:12 am
Mini-Boss

The part I absolutely LOVE is that they post the entire hero card. Meaning if you don't want to pay for the sculpt, you can still play with the hero. We did this as kids when we (obviously) couldn't afford Warhammer models (which is also I reason I left that game and ironically ended up here....poor wallet).

If you're a hobby miniature collector/painter, which to me, seems to be the folks most willing to shell out $$$ for extra copies of the game to get the models, then the resin will matter and you can make an reasonable decision as to whether this particular sculpt is worth buying at that price point.

I personally prefer plastic models for the price point and resiliency, but to be honest. HOW CAN ANY OF MY FRIENDS REFUSE TO PLAY SDE WITH ME IF I TELL THEM SOMEONE CAN PLAY A DWARF ON A WALRUS AND KILL THEIR PARTY MEMBERS (by accident of course). This is the hook I was looking for and couldn't pass up.

If/when SPM comes out with a Legends campaign for the Tusk Raider ..wow. The implications.

I am a tad sad that the Deeproot Wolf Rider has such a weak statline in comparison since I initially expected her to be similar in power level to this!

March 2nd, 2018, 4:43 am
Minion

I like the figure, so will propably get it. Not jumping on the store yet, but thinking...

March 2nd, 2018, 10:28 am
Consul

40 American buckaroos indeed! I'm glad I got off the train at the last station.
And this is timed just so that it was impossible to order both Valentine Candy and this in one order. Gee whiz, that's just... That's just not very considerate of them.

I think everybody can agree that the model itself is pretty cool. But the coolness and theme of a mini can't justify the price.
Personally I think these resin miniatures are a mistake. And honestly, what are those details that NEED resin and can't survive plastic? Despite the crossover SDE isn't exactly Kingdom Death.
And the #1 miniature company GW are doing their lines just fine in plastic with amazing details.

At this point I'm mostly just confused about what they are trying to achieve...

March 2nd, 2018, 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

If I had to guess I would say they're trying to achieve KD level hype for small releases. Smaller releases should equal less potential risk in terms of investment. Looking at the way the KD store gets ransacked when new limited resins hit I can see the logic. Perhaps even the late kickstarter is an attempt to duplicate KD's success plan ><

March 2nd, 2018, 3:00 pm
Minion

I also wonder how much of it might just be ease/time-table for production. There are obviously forces backlogging their plastic productions, perhaps the move to resins is just to be able to get things out the door without just adding to the plastic production line and cost is an unfortunate side effect.

Heck, the last batch of resins were apparently under-priced if the new price updates are a more accurate reflection of cost, so perhaps they were/are trying to mitigate those cost increases as much as possible.

March 2nd, 2018, 3:08 pm
Mini-Boss

https://twitter.com/ninjadiv/status/969305519637676034
https://twitter.com/ninjadiv/status/969302544802398209
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZKKbeVKmM
:roll:

* The art of wait.

March 2nd, 2018, 3:28 pm
Moderator Ninja

Reminder to play nice. Be critical all you want. Do not call each other names. 2 posts deleted.

March 2nd, 2018, 4:57 pm
Mini-Boss

As I pointed out on the Legends thread, I don't like the price (Equal to £30 UK) but that is equal to the price of a comparable Produce at Games workshop (also with resin). Since smaller companies should be charging more cause they have to have smaller runs etc, it is a comparable price in the market.. What we need to do is change the market.

================

March 2nd, 2018, 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

ManicMan wrote:
What we need to do is change the market.

And I think that this is the crux of it here. Do I think that they should be charging $40 for this figure? Hell no! Especially when, as someone else pointed out, the golem was cheaper and even came with a code for the video game! But come right down to it, they have their reasons for charging what they are and we can either accept it and pay the money, or not accept it and perhaps wait for it to come on sale.

But the thing that you made me consider is that if we all reach for our wallets and pay the $40 for this thing, then we are making it acceptable for them to charge that much and can expect more f the same in the future.

March 2nd, 2018, 6:36 pm
Minion

My local retail store is Miniature Market. I noticed most of the Ninja Division/SPM goes through clearance suggesting more product than their is demand for. I assume demand for SPM/ND products might not be high enough to invest into a plastic mold. I don't see the resin versions of the Twilight Knight/Takaoshi to be immensely "better" than their plastic chibi miniatures. The price increase suggests this is only intended for the small core community that will pay that price hike for these miniatures. But I feel the price hike without explanation will just lose them a portion of that small core community also. Nice model though.

Last edited by akai on March 2nd, 2018, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 2nd, 2018, 6:54 pm
Minion

rudehero wrote:
So I don't follow any other mini companies to know if production costs could possibly be going up all around. I believe their resin production is done in Europe somewhere as opposed to the plastics in China, so possibly changes in that area that have rolling effects on pricing (material availability/cost, stricter environmental guidelines, etc.) ? Just thinking out loud, so to speak.

I know a lot of other "boutique" style resin kits are pretty expensive, so I don't know that this is really out of line with other products.

It's an amazing figure though, and though my plans are to hold strong and wait for other things to come in before contemplating buying it's a tough decision to stand by. He's riding a freakin' Walrus!

Based on an update in Way of the Fighter Kickstarter - some of the resin models are made in the US, and others are made in Europe.

March 2nd, 2018, 7:01 pm
Bottle Cap

Price is just high enough to make me pass. Nevermind the KS delays.

For references:
-I've been waiting about 5 years (since I started Warhammer) for a plastic Beast of Nurgle to add to my small Nurgle Army and passed on it when it was... get this... $40 for one model.
-Testudo Tower is $25. And I'm pretty sure it has more than this.
-If this is $30, I probably buy this no problem. It's a little larger than the normal models.

March 4th, 2018, 7:59 am
Mini-Boss

Thank you to all customers/fans/backers who purchased Tusk Raider. It already out of stock in this batch.

* The art of wait.

March 5th, 2018, 2:26 pm
Denizen

Nephastus wrote:
Thank you to all customers/fans/backers who purchased Tusk Raider. It already out of stock in this batch.

This has me angry. There was no warning, no pre order, just BOOM HERE IT IS AND GO! ANNNNNNNNND its gone. Wanted one? Too bad.

So if you were busy when they made the announcement or dont have the SPM website on constant refresh, you lost out. This is another example of poor communication and preparation. On level with "What's the status of the kickstarter guys?"

"LOOK! A !SODA! CENTAUR! LOOK AT IT!!!!!"

Edit: No Angry with you, with SPM on how they handled it, sorry.

March 5th, 2018, 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next