View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2018, 12:07 am



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Custom Super Dungen Character Dashboard 
Author Message
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am
Posts: 436
So as some of you are aware, Ive been making my own version of super dungeon legends.

It's been going great and beta testing was a major success. While the campaign has been set back to start in february due to The Warhammer tournament at CaptainCon my friends and I are doing, we are in full prep mode for that, the work for Super Dungeon Explore Craft still goes on.

With that being said, please see the custom made and designed character dashboard for my version of SDE legends.

So This first image has the brown protector on the back still, but I left it on for this picture so that you could see the hole clearly. That hole is by every card for easy removal of cards, etc.

Image

This one shows you the general set up, spots for potion tokens, heart tokens, and custom character dashboard.

Image

This one is so you can see the info on the character sheet tracker a little clearer.

Image

This one is to show you how the cards sit in the tray and of course to show off Mr. Hoodoo Voodoo himself. I just love that he came out like my shaman from World Of Warcraft back in the day.

Image


Anyway, feel free to leave feedback. The design is 100% original and my own, it was printed by the etsy store Lightning and lace, who are absolute sweethearts and great to work with.


December 17th, 2017, 4:56 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2016, 4:52 am
Posts: 109
Location: Idaho, U.S.A.
It looks awesome. I have also been thinking of making something similar. Keep up the good work. Kick some butt at the tournament.


December 18th, 2017, 5:48 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am
Posts: 436
GoblinMage wrote:
It looks awesome. I have also been thinking of making something similar. Keep up the good work. Kick some butt at the tournament.


Thanks Gob!! And hopefully we do, it would be nice to bring home the win


December 18th, 2017, 1:17 pm
Profile
Bottle Cap
User avatar

Joined: December 10th, 2015, 10:17 pm
Posts: 41
Location: California
Looks great! Would love to see a final and polished version

_________________
❤ Follow my IG for chibi goodness ❤


December 19th, 2017, 2:32 am
Profile
Ninja Corps
User avatar

Joined: December 10th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Posts: 337
Very slick! Are they machined / glued plastic, 3D printed or other?


December 19th, 2017, 3:42 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am
Posts: 436
Meankeb wrote:
Very slick! Are they machined / glued plastic, 3D printed or other?


I'm honestly not to sure, L&L assembled my design, but it looks machined, doesn't look 3d printed.

Worship wrote:
Looks great! Would love to see a final and polished version


This is their "Final Version" sans the character tracker sheet. In February when the campaign starts going full bore, I'll have an actual finalized version of the character tracker slot and Ill post pictures of them in play.


Thanks for the feedback all!


December 19th, 2017, 1:03 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 8:15 pm
Posts: 964
Location: Ohio
I really like this! I thought about doing something like this with a cardstock back and foamcore border. Anyway you have a printable template or something you could share?


January 12th, 2018, 3:54 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am
Posts: 436
eternaldream wrote:
I really like this! I thought about doing something like this with a cardstock back and foamcore border. Anyway you have a printable template or something you could share?


I do not, I don't have access to 3d printing. so I designed a pdf of it and sent it to the store lightning and lace on etsy for them to make for me.


January 26th, 2018, 6:24 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: February 14th, 2017, 11:28 pm
Posts: 227
The smoothness of that top surface tells me it probably WASN'T 3D printed... I've bought 3D printed dashboards, and they have a terrible and apparently unavoidable texture/pattern across large flat surfaces. I'm told you can sand it, but these images don't look like anything that would be easy to sand/buff. I'm guessing MDF done on a laser cutter... Maybe acrylic for the colored top layer?

It does look good. I think what I love most about this, is that it's inching toward something that could be tightly stacked and set aside to maintain character progression more easily, as well as potentially reducing setup time of future sessions with said character. I'd really love to see some slanted slots for status effects, health, potions, etc. Overall, great design, makes me really eager for my own 3D printer/laser cutter to arrive hopefully in a few months. Great work designing this!


February 26th, 2018, 1:50 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am
Posts: 436
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
The smoothness of that top surface tells me it probably WASN'T 3D printed... I've bought 3D printed dashboards, and they have a terrible and apparently unavoidable texture/pattern across large flat surfaces. I'm told you can sand it, but these images don't look like anything that would be easy to sand/buff. I'm guessing MDF done on a laser cutter... Maybe acrylic for the colored top layer?

It does look good. I think what I love most about this, is that it's inching toward something that could be tightly stacked and set aside to maintain character progression more easily, as well as potentially reducing setup time of future sessions with said character. I'd really love to see some slanted slots for status effects, health, potions, etc. Overall, great design, makes me really eager for my own 3D printer/laser cutter to arrive hopefully in a few months. Great work designing this!



Thanks, the two small squares up top are to put in the 3d potion and heart tokens I have.

I didn't even think about status effects....Hmmmm.... Too late now lol, these weren't cheap. But I guess We'll just work that when it happens :-(


Thanks and Im glad you like it. The whole point is to keep character tracking between sessions as streamlined as possible.


February 26th, 2018, 3:48 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: October 7th, 2016, 4:52 am
Posts: 109
Location: Idaho, U.S.A.
One thing you coud do for the status effects if you have extra tokens is use magnets. Put a strip of magnetic tape or a couple of small round magnets on the dashboard and then do the same thing with the back of status effect tokens. If done right it might not look too tacky. If you have a thin strip of metal then you could use that on one of the surfaces instead. The worst part would be lining thee magnets up so the status effects won't be sideways or upside down when used. You could also use Velcro instead. These ideas might not work for you, but they might give you an idea that will work instead.


February 26th, 2018, 6:47 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.