View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Super Dungeon Tactics coming to Switch? 
Minion

Underbite Games recently tweeted (and were retweeted by SodaPop):
https://twitter.com/UnderbiteGames/stat ... 8243479554

Underbite Games logo, plus Super Dungeon Tactics logo, plus a Switch box and Von Drakk minis in the back (for anyone who doesn't feel like clicking the link).

I played on PC thanks to the pack-in on the Golem mini-boss. Really enjoyable game in my opinion, debating the cost at launch may even pick it up on Switch to play on TV and make more accessible to family members.

It is not a 1:1 for the board game like some other titles have put out. Most of the systems in the game work like board game (spawners, turn based, etc) but it does play a bit different. An example being bonus dice rolled at the beginning of a turn (give a hero bonus defense, a monster might get bonus attack, etc). Definitely scratches the itch when you can't get a group together imo.

February 17th, 2018, 11:02 pm
Minion

It's certainly a good idea, that much is true. We'll have to wait an see.

February 18th, 2018, 12:08 am
Denizen

http://www.underbitegames.com

Xbox One, PS4, Switch according to the website.

February 18th, 2018, 12:52 am
Bottle Cap

I really love Super Dungeon: Tactics! I also got mine in an Iron Golem package. It's so light and fluffy on the story end, and, appropriate to its name, it's a great little tactics game. The variations (dice-drafting basically) and speed of play make it a very compelling PC title.

The Devs posted on the steam community page that it was possible that they'd expand the game if it sold well on consoles. Right now it's a huge range of heroes, but it's mostly monsters from the original box, Von Drakk (mostly the skeletons), and iirc, Claws of the Wyrm. I ran out of story at about 30 hours, but I was by no means ready for it to end.

February 18th, 2018, 5:54 am
Minion

Holy Cross wrote:
http://www.underbitegames.com

Xbox One, PS4, Switch according to the website.

If the game is coming to Xbone, I will definetly try it!

I do not own a gaming PC, so haven't played SD tactics before...

February 19th, 2018, 9:48 am
Mini-Boss

I'm not sure why i'm posting here.. I have no interest in Tactics.. a computer game based on a board game based on computer games... it's kinda like making Pong into a board game.. kinda pointless.. Sure there might be good thigns to enjoy about it but.. naw.. and Modern consoles are a bit of a joke to me ^_^;

================

February 19th, 2018, 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

ManicMan wrote:
I'm not sure why i'm posting here.. I have no interest in Tactics.. a computer game based on a board game based on computer games... it's kinda like making Pong into a board game.. kinda pointless.. Sure there might be good thigns to enjoy about it but.. naw.. and Modern consoles are a bit of a joke to me ^_^;

Tactics is chibi story-mode awesome. Not as we understand the current Legends to be...but rather what happens when a Hearthsworn Fighter and Ember Mage start the game with friendly visual novel style banter and run afowl of Kobolds. Dive into an active Kobold battle, travel to save a town, meeting Glimmerdusk Ranger on the way. That's the first 30 minutes, and it keeps getting better with Loot and story along the way.

February 19th, 2018, 2:15 pm
Denizen

My only complaint with SD: Tacticss is that I wanted a lot more. I loved it.

I would probably get it for the Xbox One but I already finished it on the PC.

February 19th, 2018, 8:18 pm
Minion

I would love it on Switch. Portable Super Dungeon!
Seeing the videogame is appreciated by fans of the boardgame is a good thing.

Porting it to consoles may be a good opportunity to add to the game (monsters, heroes, maps...).
For players who already have it, what would you like being added?

February 20th, 2018, 9:30 am
Denizen

SPOILER ALERT: Don't read if you haven't finished SD Tactics. Or if you don't care.

I was actually a little disappointed that I never got to fight something bigger than a mini boss. Von Drakk and Starfire both got mentioned a whole lot, but I never got to see them. And I would have liked to see more of the monsters - where was Forgotten King, or Roxor, or the trolls or other awesome bosses? When I say I wanted more, it's because I felt like the game ended before I was done. And the game would have been a great opportunity to show off stuff that isn't out yet, like nether elves or Clockwork Cove.

It felt like taking a vacation to Paris but only getting to stay for one day, and never actually getting to see the Eiffel Tower or the Louvre or the Arc de Triomphe.

February 21st, 2018, 2:11 am
Bottle Cap

InfinityMax wrote:
SPOILER ALERT: Don't read if you haven't finished SD Tactics. Or if you don't care.

Totally agree with you InfinityMax. I also wanted more Tactics, but i got more plastic all the same lol. I started to collect SDE around this time last year when you were answering some of my questions about Arcade. Before I even really knew how to play SDE and while I just had FK and the Iron Golem, Tactics inspired me to get several heroes from the game, like in Claws of the Wyrm and a version of Candy. I also picked up unrelated content: Mistmourn, Roxor, and some Crystalia tiles.

On top of being a great little PC game, Tactics is good for business.

February 21st, 2018, 2:27 am
Denizen

ManicMan wrote:

I felt this way too, but i got it free with my Iron Golem at GenCon. So I downloaded it. It is decent fun, the story is great, and there's a lot of cute animations that bring the game to life a little bit.

But, I also agree with you. I played through it and rather the actual board game to the computer game big time. It lacks something the board game just inherently has besides the aesthetic, the dice, the minis, all of it just make it a much more involved experience. I own everything for Super Dungeon Explore, including the metal miniatures. So for me, the board game is just more endless and a lot more fun win or lose.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe im crazy, i don't know. But if you are ever debating about getting it, I'd say skip it and have fun playing the board game.

February 21st, 2018, 6:04 pm
Minion

I want to try the Tactics game now while waiting for SDE 2.0 to finally come out... I want to play the boardgame, but the Beta cards I have just look so unappealing... I wish The Arcade 2.0 would just come out already.

So for me it is great that Tactics is coming to Xbone and I will definetly play it to keep my SDE enthuasism shimmering during this long vigil for 2.0.

February 23rd, 2018, 9:39 am
Minion

dsdrew924 wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

I felt this way too, but i got it free with my Iron Golem at GenCon. So I downloaded it. It is decent fun, the story is great, and there's a lot of cute animations that bring the game to life a little bit.

But, I also agree with you. I played through it and rather the actual board game to the computer game big time. It lacks something the board game just inherently has besides the aesthetic, the dice, the minis, all of it just make it a much more involved experience. I own everything for Super Dungeon Explore, including the metal miniatures. So for me, the board game is just more endless and a lot more fun win or lose.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe im crazy, i don't know. But if you are ever debating about getting it, I'd say skip it and have fun playing the board game.

While your arguments make sense, I have to disagree with your resulting determination. I definitely prefer the board game to the video game, but enjoy them both as their own products. It's not really a case of one or the other. When I have a group to play with I'll definitely bust out the board, minis, and dice, but middle of the week on my own firing up the PC version is a great way to relax and enjoy a similar experience.

Hopefully the console versions will launch with a demo so that if people are debating about getting it they can give it a try.

February 26th, 2018, 10:30 pm
Bottle Cap

I have the game and it was fun for a while but at later levels, the enemies go WAY overboard with armor to the point where any hero who doesn't have armor piercing is completely useless.

What I'd really love to see is if they made a dungeon crawler type game using the SDE universe. I would definitely check that out.

March 11th, 2018, 1:07 am
Mini-Boss

I have a Switch, have not played Tactics yet, and am intrigued.

April 2nd, 2018, 2:26 am
Bottle Cap

If they come out with a more robust version of the game I'd be pretty interested.

April 15th, 2018, 10:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]