View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 15th, 2018, 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Rumor at a Con about SPM, 
Mini-Boss

Certainly because John Cadice don't count the resin/plastic miniatures as part of components required to play the game. It's just an extra to improve visually the experience while playing...

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

February 7th, 2018, 4:43 pm
Denizen

The chibi minis for WotF aren't even for WotF, though. They're for Super Dungeon.

February 7th, 2018, 8:12 pm
Mini-Boss

I was thinking about the non-chibi miniatures designed to Way of the Fighter, but chibis will be produced at same moment, I guess... and nothing prevents to use chibis in that game.

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

February 8th, 2018, 1:04 pm
Dungeon Boss

Ok, here's what I've seen in the past.

When Warmachine announced a new edition, game stores put everything on clearance. The books had the lowest discounts at 80% off, but everything was discounted (saw a lot of 40-50% off). I presume this is because the retailer couldn't tell what units were going to be well received in the new edition, and which ones weren't.

You can bet that when SDE 2.0 hits, retailers will have trouble moving Forgotten King. I mean, some people will see the value in FK as a really big level box, but the 2.0 box set will be seen as its replacement. And it fits with my past experience that they'd just put them all on discount (probably, they aren't completely sure which items will be replaced with an updated version).

akai wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
John Cadice himself wrote:
now that Rail Raiders and Way of the Fighter are fully delivered.

Eeh... Has people around the world received their WotF SDE chibi miniatures???

This is what upsets me the most. The actual words directly from those that work at SPM/ND is not accurate. I am not sure if it was intentionally misleading or unintentional poor communication skills. Either one reflects poorly.

The actual game of Way of the Fighter appears to be shipped to everyone for the most part (with some backers still have not received them). But the miniature master versions are still being made (looking at the most recent update).

Ok, I get what you're saying. The WotF minis aren't delivered yet, just the game. That's still an accomplishment, and it definitely frees up the SPM team to spend less of their time with that project, although there is still more WotF to be delivered.

Mind, I think we're holding John to an unreasonable standard for honesty here. I mean, it isn't like he's trying to obfuscate -the correct information is right there in the KS update where it belongs.

February 9th, 2018, 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:

Ok, I get what you're saying. The WotF minis aren't delivered yet, just the game. That's still an accomplishment, and it definitely frees up the SPM team to spend less of their time with that project, although there is still more WotF to be delivered.

Mind, I think we're holding John to an unreasonable standard for honesty here. I mean, it isn't like he's trying to obfuscate -the correct information is right there in the KS update where it belongs.

..... What's an unreasonable standard of honesty? Isn't honesty just honesty...? ^ ^'

February 12th, 2018, 2:21 am
Minion

So we gonna get an official comment on this or what?

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

February 12th, 2018, 9:20 am
Moderator Ninja

Rainthezangoose wrote:
So we gonna get an official comment on this or what?

My guess is that the comments by John in other places that were reposted here are the response but I could be wrong. I have no inside information or anything and don't work for the company.

February 12th, 2018, 3:52 pm
Bottle Cap

odinsgrandson wrote:
Ok, here's what I've seen in the past.

When Warmachine announced a new edition, game stores put everything on clearance. The books had the lowest discounts at 80% off, but everything was discounted (saw a lot of 40-50% off). I presume this is because the retailer couldn't tell what units were going to be well received in the new edition, and which ones weren't.

You can bet that when SDE 2.0 hits, retailers will have trouble moving Forgotten King. I mean, some people will see the value in FK as a really big level box, but the 2.0 box set will be seen as its replacement. And it fits with my past experience that they'd just put them all on discount (probably, they aren't completely sure which items will be replaced with an updated version).

Not sure why they would have *more* trouble moving FK. Currently, it's the only place you can get the minis in the FK box, so if you have new players coming in with the new edition, they're picking up FK.

Yes its a con rumor, so there's more salt present than in the ocean. But it wouldn't surprise me to hear that either SPM or ND are going out of business.

John/SPM allowed SDL to balloon out of proportion. It's our (forum junkies) fault for insisting there be a rules rewrite for 2nd Edition, but its their fault for not saying "Stop, next edition", or putting down a few things out for us to enjoy in the meantime (Say, the two Warbands and six Bosses, whose rules probably shouldn't change too much).
As far as I've read on forums, ND doesn't have a great reputation for delivery and it worries people.

February 12th, 2018, 4:25 pm
Mini-Boss

SuperHappyTime wrote:
It's our (forum junkies) fault for insisting there be a rules rewrite for 2nd Edition...

Now was the cry actually for a new set of rules? Or just a streamlining of the rules that they had? I seem to recall that the latter is true. I seem to remember the word "streamlining" being used often in the discussions of FK. but what we got was completely the opposite. It was a complete rules re-write which was way more convoluted than it's predecessor.

February 12th, 2018, 4:46 pm
Ninja Corps

Spazzfist wrote:
SuperHappyTime wrote:
It's our (forum junkies) fault for insisting there be a rules rewrite for 2nd Edition...

Now was the cry actually for a new set of rules? Or just a streamlining of the rules that they had? I seem to recall that the latter is true. I seem to remember the word "streamlining" being used often in the discussions of FK. but what we got was completely the opposite. It was a complete rules re-write which was way more convoluted than it's predecessor.

a full rewrite was absolutely something people were asking for. It evolved from "these are some things that could change" to "you know, these are so many things that need to be changed, really, everything could be redone".

I remember when it all started and thinking it was more or less pie in the sky wishful thinking to have a fan spurred total overhaul. I Wasn't against it by any means, but just thought it unlikely at best. But it happened. I'm still very glad it did. Having playtested much of the various beta versions, particularly when things took a big (good) turn towards where they ended up, I would very much rather wait for all that to come out still than have something comporting to some slightly modified version of the old FK Rules. Granted, if that did happen, i wouldn't know what I would have been missing...but that's not the case. :P

February 12th, 2018, 7:20 pm
Denizen

@Usagi, I fully agree. The great thing is we have the new rules now, so no need to wait on the new & improved SDE ruleset. 7 games in and I still can’t get enough of it :D

February 12th, 2018, 7:56 pm
Mini-Boss

Holy Cross wrote:
@Usagi, I fully agree. The great thing is we have the new rules now, so no need to wait on the new & improved SDE ruleset. 7 games in and I still can’t get enough of it :D

So what re they paying you? Or are you just getting an early copy of Legends for all your promotion? ;)

February 13th, 2018, 5:31 am
Bottle Cap

Usagi wrote:
a full rewrite was absolutely something people were asking for. It evolved from "these are some things that could change" to "you know, these are so many things that need to be changed, really, everything could be redone".

I remember when it all started and thinking it was more or less pie in the sky wishful thinking to have a fan spurred total overhaul. I Wasn't against it by any means, but just thought it unlikely at best. But it happened. I'm still very glad it did. Having playtested much of the various beta versions, particularly when things took a big (good) turn towards where they ended up, I would very much rather wait for all that to come out still than have something comporting to some slightly modified version of the old FK Rules. Granted, if that did happen, i wouldn't know what I would have been missing...but that's not the case. :P

Agreed. I asked for a streamlined version of the game during the kickstarter, and I'm glad they decided to fix much more than that. Still, I ended up getting a refund. I just couldn't stand all of the dishonesty in the SDE:L updates, and especially the RRI updates. For a lot of backers it came down to trust. It's one thing to wait three years for a game from a company you trust. It's a different thing to wait three years on a company you don't.

February 13th, 2018, 6:16 am
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
Holy Cross wrote:

So what re they paying you? Or are you just getting an early copy of Legends for all your promotion? ;)

Don't be a jerk. I heartily appreciate Holy Cross's discussion of the new Arcade rules. Implying that he is a shill is both inappropriate and petty.

February 13th, 2018, 6:21 pm
Denizen

Thanks InfinityMax! I’m sure he didn’t mean to be snarky. I’ll keep posting updates from my play testing if you’re enjoying the discussion. I plan on moving to a Von Drakk Manor theme very soon. Maybe adding Von Wilding to the party.

Also EternalDream has sent me a gorgeously painted King Starfire, so he’ll be on the board soon too!

February 13th, 2018, 7:01 pm
Ninja Corps

InfinityMax wrote:
Spazzfist wrote:
Holy Cross wrote:

Don't be a jerk. I heartily appreciate Holy Cross's discussion of the new Arcade rules. Implying that he is a shill is both inappropriate and petty.

I tend to agree with that...but, like...winky face! it was a joke :P

February 13th, 2018, 7:20 pm
Denizen

Oh OK. Sorry, Spazzfist, I am too old to get jokes these days. I just wave my fist and say 'why, back in my day, we knew enough to stay away from the garden gnomes!'

February 13th, 2018, 8:08 pm
Denizen

InfinityMax wrote:
Oh OK. Sorry, Spazzfist, I am too old to get jokes these days. I just wave my fist and say 'why, back in my day, we knew enough to stay away from the garden gnomes!'

Haha! Thanks for having my back all the same :D

February 13th, 2018, 8:18 pm
Denizen

I've been beta testing Arcade since it first started and I have to say, the game play overall is greatly improved. Its a lot more streamlined and fun now. I highly recommend you all give it a go when you can. it is that much fun.

In regards to legends, I don't like what legends has become, but thats my personal preference and I wrote my own legends rules which i currently use and me and my friends are having a blast.

This game is going to be great, the minis are awesome, if you don't like something in the rules, houserule it, no one is going to stop you. enjoy it, its a game.

Delays too make me sad, but whatever, it is what it is at this point. Con gossip sucks and causes fear and I wish someone from soda would come in and say "All is well, don't worry."

Anyway, play new arcade its dope!

February 14th, 2018, 3:51 pm
Denizen

dsdrew924 wrote:
I've been beta testing Arcade since it first started and I have to say, the game play overall is greatly improved. Its a lot more streamlined and fun now. I highly recommend you all give it a go when you can. it is that much fun.

In regards to legends, I don't like what legends has become, but thats my personal preference and I wrote my own legends rules which i currently use and me and my friends are having a blast.

This game is going to be great, the minis are awesome, if you don't like something in the rules, houserule it, no one is going to stop you. enjoy it, its a game.

Delays too make me sad, but whatever, it is what it is at this point. Con gossip sucks and causes fear and I wish someone from soda would come in and say "All is well, don't worry."

Anyway, play new arcade its dope!

Do you have your Legends rules on PDF or written down? I’d love to look them over. I wrote my own campaign a long time ago and would be open to an intuitive ruleset to help drive it forward.

February 14th, 2018, 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next