View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 18th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 141  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

sorry but 1) never just post a blind URL.. it's pretty bloody stupid click bait and possible virual. Okay, it ends up being safe but NEVER blind URL post..
2)... it's some modern song.. i see no reason or connection to any topic... reason? Or are we gonna post likes to online pirated versions of our favorite music? do you mind if i post official versions instead?

================

December 14th, 2017, 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Unless Neph edited his post that is not a blind url...

December 14th, 2017, 9:48 pm
Denizen

All i see is the URL which looks like a google shorthand URL for youtube.. doesn't say what it is, so it's blind. just posting a URL without anything else (the only other thing is his sig) is blind.

i did hear Blink url now also means ones which hide the true URL... which.. erm.. being shorthand, it does that too ^_^;

I mean no offense to him. But .. and i don't remember the new term for online Etiquette... do they use Webuette as a portmanteau? or i think i remember Netuette.. but that sounds more like a horse's name... out of date on some modern slang, stick more to the tech side of things..

================

December 14th, 2017, 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

I see no reason to click the link, safer that way. But more so, considering ho posted it, it's probably just worthless trolling over some kind of virus or malware (though it could be both).

December 15th, 2017, 1:34 am
Bottle Cap

Nephastus wrote:
https://youtu.be/wKOEJs602uk

It's a YouTube video of Pink's "What About Us".

Neph, I am as exhausted/disappointed/frustrated with this Kickstarter as you are, I genuinely am. When you take the time to write a post with coherent, comprehensible thoughts about this situation, I often agree with you. If the situation's been reduced to this for you, though, maybe it'd be a good idea to take a break and check back in around spring? This sort of post is neither helping nor entertaining.

December 15th, 2017, 5:45 am
Denizen

unlike some of the people on the KS, i see no reason to doubt that production has started.. even with someone on-site if they still have one, it can be a pain to get some photos just showing models being cast. We have seen the Steel molds, we have seen intial casts, we have been told production has started.. i see no issues so far.. there might be, but i see none.

================

December 15th, 2017, 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Employee

Nobody from our company has visited China recently.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

December 15th, 2017, 5:36 pm
Denizen

thats what i thought. it's a huge expense and wasteful.

================

December 15th, 2017, 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

After catching up on the updates, and attempting to re-read this thread...

1) Are we confirmed getting new variations for kobolds for the nether, ice kobalds? or do i need to go buy some 1.0 boxes to paint them up.
2) FK Variants? New models coming or again buy a 2nd box to paint
3) Might have missed it but is there a confirmation on what legends is? I understand its kinda dnd Lite but is there details on what that means? so like dnd adventure system or something more like descent or is it something like krosmaster quest?

December 15th, 2017, 8:51 pm
Minion

1) No, they are not creating new kobold models, aside from the fact that v2.0 kobolds are new sculpts from v1.0 kobolds. So to answer your question, yes, if you want nether and frost kobolds, see if you can find a v1.0. You could also just buy two more copies of v2.0 (v1.0 has a lot more kobolds).

2) FK variants haven't been a thing. The variants that were announced were the models we will be getting in Arcade, and they go with Midnight Tower. So if you want to paint up the variants for those guys, you will need to buy a couple extra boxes of Arcade.

3) Legends is an RPG adaptation of SDE. So yes, in a short summary, DnD lite. For full details, not to mention early-version playtest rules, check out this update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... ts/1943649

In Legends, each player will generate a hero. You can use any model you own for your hero, so you can create whoever you want. You can even get all nutty with Super Sculpey and a razor blade and customize the heck out of a model, just for your version of your hero. There's a Consul's Grimoire with stats for a whole boatload of monsters, plus several adventures have already been released, so you could actually play the game now, if you wanted. (Those last two things are in different updates).

December 15th, 2017, 9:28 pm
Denizen

2-Extra) If you get the Midnight Tower set, you will be getting two copies of the Shadow Tower, with 1 copy of the Spider Nest. Unlocked loot include a THIRD shadow Tower, and a second Spider Nest. This means if you want, you can paint up to be 3 three versions of the Shadow Tower (Original Nether, Arcadia, Drowned Isles versions) and a SECOND Spider nest which means you can do two out of the three sets.

3-Extra) i guess DnD lite is a possible and maybe okay term.. DnD includes MANY styles though so it's tricky... but if you talk about the full DnD with no figures at all as DnD, then it's less RPG based then that.. More like the beginners or 'basic' DnD they did in the 80s as well.

Like Maxy said, the rules are out so you can basiclly play it already to get the idea and feel of it.

================

December 15th, 2017, 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

InfinityMax wrote:
2) FK variants haven't been a thing.

Actually, we've seen the cursed knight spawn cards, alternative to the bramble knight, and in one update they mentioned an alternate to the old growth.

December 16th, 2017, 2:20 am
Bottle Cap

So i wasnt going insane!!
But yea it seems it was just variant cards so ill have to pick up some extras to paint to get the alternate color schemes.

As for legends, after reading through the current released rules its very interesting though it will be a bit before i can try out the rules for my self.

December 16th, 2017, 4:56 am
Denizen

I posted this on last kickstarter update, but I figure I would ask here as well. Response to comments seems limited on the backer page.

So looking over the proofs I have a couple of questions.

1) What was the thinking that led you to go from 3d treasure chests and boo booties to now just tokens?

2) I see what looks like a character on the punch sheet as well, who is she and why is she a token not a miniature?

3) lastly, I know some things are coming as tokens in regards to pet parade. I see the boo booty and treasure chests are now tokens. For future production, being a miniature based board game, can we expect more models to simply become flat tokens? I am not asking all as I am sure that would certainly go against a major premise of the game, but will minions and characters that seem less important become tokens now?

The reason I ask about number 3 is because many of us enjoy the game for its visual as well as its play style. The minis make the game fun. Starting to replace things with tokens has me as well as a handful of others concerned.

Anyway, would love to hear some feedback, thanks.

December 18th, 2017, 1:34 pm
Mini-Boss

Usagi wrote:
I see no reason to click the link, safer that way. But more so, considering ho posted it, it's probably just worthless trolling over some kind of virus or malware (though it could be both).

It is still safer for you to keep your mouth shut when thinking about making personal attacks on another person.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

December 18th, 2017, 1:39 pm
Denizen

dsdrew924 wrote:
1) What was the thinking that led you to go from 3d treasure chests and boo booties to now just tokens?

2) I see what looks like a character on the punch sheet as well, who is she and why is she a token not a miniature?

3) lastly, I know some things are coming as tokens in regards to pet parade. I see the boo booty and treasure chests are now tokens. For future production, being a miniature based board game, can we expect more models to simply become flat tokens? I am not asking all as I am sure that would certainly go against a major premise of the game, but will minions and characters that seem less important become tokens now?

1) I can answer some of them really.. It's far cheaper to have Tokens then figures just for show. Personally, i prefer figures which is why i got the Hearts and Potions, I'm also working on my own versions of Effects tokens as models ^_^.. But it's much cheaper. The original core box set was pretty pricey as an introduction set. If people remember the old Warhammer and Warhammer 40k boxsets, you didn't get the larger figures but cardboard tokens you could use. If you wished to upgrade to the real figures, that was an extra cost. I would like them to release booster packs of the tokens at some point but that'll depend on things.

2) One side of the NPC token is the Prince (i forget his name), the other side is Princess Amasyth. See answer to number 3 for mroe information

3) When Forgotten King was going to come out, the New 'pets' were to be tokens. It was a screatch goal to make them as figures. It was unlocked and they were made. As this has never been a purely minature board game (i can't think of many that are) card token standins are fine though i greatly prefer figures and hope they will make them out later. All the new pet Models with Pet Parade will be models. And I cant see add-ons NOT being models. But i would expect any pets which have already been released (like the Forgotten king ones) to come in Pet Parade as Tokens. This allows a cheap-ish intro to them for new players, as well as something they can use in the games and they can later upgrade to the models. The new core set does come with a NPC token, one side the prince, the other side the Princess amysth. Both who will be getting a model in wave 2.

Sorry about the spellings here.. my spell checker is on the blink and being dyslextic can really be a bugger at times... more so when the spell checkers are all on the blink ¬_¬;

================

December 18th, 2017, 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Ninja

Friendly reminder to everyone to place nice. Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

December 18th, 2017, 7:33 pm
Minion

Imriel wrote:
InfinityMax wrote:
2) FK variants haven't been a thing.

Actually, we've seen the cursed knight spawn cards, alternative to the bramble knight, and in one update they mentioned an alternate to the old growth.

I stand corrected! I didn't notice alternate FK cards, but I miss stuff all the time. Thanks for setting me straight!

December 20th, 2017, 4:29 pm
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
...I'm also working on my own versions of Effects tokens as models ^_^...

I've been working on that idea, too, though I have not gotten much beyond some sketches. I would love to see what you come up with.

December 20th, 2017, 4:31 pm
Denizen

I'll probebly create a new topic for some bits like the models. But i'll sure to show ^_^

================

December 20th, 2017, 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 141  Next