View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2017, 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Video Game Cake Toppers 
Mini-Boss

I've been making cake toppers for a long time, and I generally don't post them to SPM (because they aren't Relic Knights or Super Dungeon minis).

But this one is one I thought the community here would appreciate.

October 26th, 2015, 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Here are a couple cake toppers I got to make recently.

Their love will survive a nuclear fallout in a world ridden by radioactive mutants.

Anyway, here they are:

November 10th, 2015, 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Here's the sort of sets that I've come to think of as normal:

November 24th, 2015, 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Here is a couple that really needed to have some strong science fiction styled body armor for their wedding cake topper. They’re definitely set to fight some pretty fierce aliens.

I’ve got to admit that I heartily approve. Here they are:

December 3rd, 2015, 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Not really videogame related, but I figured people might like to see this one:

Here are two sets that I created- both of the couples independently decided that they'd like to see Doctor Who's TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension In Space) on their wedding cakes.

First- here's what the TARDIS looked like all by itself:

The first couple wanted to be running into the TARDIS (with the door a little open). I think it is the vehicles that's taking them on their honeymoon. I like how they wanted her to seem just a little more eager to get in there than he is:

The last ones wanted their clothing to show off some of their other fandoms. For some reason, I feel like crossovers with Doctor Who just work really well- I always imagine that he can arrive in any place/time/dimension that the TARDIS takes him to:

January 15th, 2016, 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

This couple had a very specific idea of the couple they wanted- that’s not so unusual actually. Since I’m making all of the toppers myself, I can create a lot of things that no one has ever thought of before.

They wanted a Cthulhu groom carrying his Mermaid Bride- all done with a much creepier style than what I normally make for cake toppers. In fact, I actually considered a number of ways to make the scales and transitions on the mermaid herself, but they wanted something very specific.

And I really love how it came out. I get to work with the best people.

January 19th, 2016, 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Now, this isn't the first cake topper I've made for fans of the Halo franchise. In the past, I've had several brides and grooms ask me to make them into spartans.

But, this is the first cake topper that I've made to feature the franchise' favorite protagonist- John 117, the Master Chief.

Well, here's a romantic cake topper that features him with his true love:

January 27th, 2016, 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I bet they're delicious as they are cute.

February 22nd, 2016, 8:46 pm
Mini-Boss

Well, you don't eat a cake topper. They're more like 5" tall resin minis that you put on a cake.

Here's the latest one I have to post:

March 3rd, 2016, 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I make a lot of zombies for wedding cakes. A lot of them are simply zombies, and I get to decide the details. Many of them are designed to match specific people- most often the bridesmaids and groomsmen as zombies. One time, I even made the father of the bride as a zombie.

This couple had an idea that was completely new to me- they wanted to be fighting off their pet dogs as zombies. Altogether, I think they turned out pretty awesome.

July 21st, 2016, 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

These are all very impressive. Nice work.

For reference, approximately how tall are they?

Edit: Just noticed you mentioned they are 5" tall in a previous post.

September 19th, 2016, 12:15 am
Mini-Boss

Here’s a couple that had a very clear idea for me to work with. He’s a painter, and her occupation involves wine- and here they are in their glorious combat pose.

This pose is more ‘three dimensional’ than most that I do. The design suits a cake that is displayed in the center of a room, rather than to one side. As such, they need several angles to really show them off.

November 2nd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Your cake toppers are really awesome. My wife would never of gone for one of those (her family has old fashioned taste). On the other hand I would of loved to of had one of those on our wedding cake. Do you make a lot of the custom cake toppers? Maybe I can talk my wife into getting one for an anniversary celebration.

November 2nd, 2016, 10:21 pm
Bottle Cap

GoblinMage wrote:
Your cake toppers are really awesome. My wife would never of gone for one of those (her family has old fashioned taste). On the other hand I would of loved to sizzling hot deluxe play online for free of had one of those on our wedding cake. Do you make a lot of the custom cake toppers? Maybe I can talk my wife into getting one for an anniversary celebration.

It's a great idea to get such present for wedding anniversary.

November 4th, 2016, 4:17 pm
Mini-Boss

GoblinMage wrote:
Your cake toppers are really awesome. My wife would never of gone for one of those (her family has old fashioned taste). On the other hand I would of loved to of had one of those on our wedding cake. Do you make a lot of the custom cake toppers? Maybe I can talk my wife into getting one for an anniversary celebration.

Yes, I make a lot of these. I'll need to update this thread with a couple more soon.

If you'd like one, then please email me through my website or PM me (I'll get emails a bit quicker).

March 24th, 2017, 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Here are a few new ones:

March 28th, 2017, 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I love the Mass Effect cake topper!

The others are great too, but that one is my fave.

April 3rd, 2017, 5:41 am
Mini-Boss

I met my wife at the game store at a weekly role playing game. I had just moved into town, and the first thing I did was check out the local comic shops- and the 'manager' invited me to game on Thursday. That group is still close, and we still play every Thursday (although a few players have moved away). Her wedding dress had dragons embroidered onto it.

It is reasons like these that I wish I had started making cake toppers before I got married. I'd have had quite a lot to work with.

Here's a couple that were a little like us- they met through gaming and had me match some of the gear and costumes of their characters.

June 8th, 2017, 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

The wedding cake toppers are all custom made for a particular couple. Sometimes, after I've posted one, another couple might want something similar, and just want a few changes.

In this case, the happy couple loved this Master Chief, but wanted to change his bride to match their wedding colors, and add in their cats. They sent me quite a few photos of their cats for the cake topper.

June 28th, 2017, 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]