View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2017, 4:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 SDE Crossover, let's design it 
Denizen

It has been made clear that there will be no official SDE crossover with RRI. That is fine. Their reasons are good. SPM has a bunch of projects on their plate, many that are late. Why add work.

However, we can design it if we want to. I am sure that Topher would be happy to add it to the compendium in a crossover section. I am guessing that a Crossover section will happen sooner or later anyways. (* Side Note, if you see this, good work Topher! *) We can print the cards for our own games.

Train Crash!!!
Everything was going great for the Raiders....they had the Law Bots on the run and as they entered the engine car, or so they thought. Suddenly another group of Lawbots appeared, shots rang out and something important got hit! The train screamed out of control to crash on some backwater planet. As the dust cleared the raiders checked what was left of the nav unit...it just said 'Crystalia'...whatever that means. The train was burning...time to grab what loot they can and get out of here....

We have a crossover theme (or at least an idea for one, open to other options of course :) )

Anyone want to offer any suggestions on monsters and spawn points? If not I'll post something on it soon.

April 11th, 2017, 1:28 pm
Minion

I am not very good at designing cards. I have a hard time trying to make them balanced, but I can give everyone some ideas to start with.

General weapon ideas: Shotguns would have a short range (2) with possible push, massive damage, or knockback abilities. Pistols would have medium range (4). Rifles would have a long range (6). Those with 2 weapons would have their pistol be their main weapon and the shotgun or rifle would be a unique action costing action points.

Marshals: They should have sturdy (can't take more than 1 damage per attack) or something like that as they are the best of the law bots. They should either be mobile spawn points (such as Rudehero suggested) or have an ability where they call in deputies for backup (such as the Giri's New Crop ability or the Tusker Pig's Funky Fungus Sniffer ability). Rifle unique action gives them longer range.

Sheriffs: Shotgun unique action should have a short range with push, massive damage, or knockback abilities.

Deputies: Mob ability.

I am sure that others will have more ideas to add. Hopefully this will get others with better card making skills started on the project. I will leave the heroes to others.

April 11th, 2017, 4:22 pm
Denizen

Plot card - having survived the train crash - surive your return flight on United airlines.

They can l take the sky from you. :twisted:

April 11th, 2017, 9:44 pm
Denizen

i could help do up the cards, just gotta get some decent images of whats needed

April 12th, 2017, 7:20 am
Minion

Lizardman wrote:
i could help do up the cards, just gotta get some decent images of whats needed

This i think is where the problem will be.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

April 12th, 2017, 7:41 am
Mini-Boss

The beta rulebook and KS page/ updates have loads of pics

April 12th, 2017, 8:48 am
Denizen

huh, the beta rulebook i have is just text? did i miss an update along the trail?

edit - but if the sherrif and law bots are used on the same arcade card the wallpaper of them provided would suffice, wouldn't be the best of bested bestness, but it would be a decent place holder

April 12th, 2017, 10:14 am
Denizen

Lizardman wrote:
huh, the beta rulebook i have is just text? did i miss an update along the trail?

edit - but if the sherrif and law bots are used on the same arcade card the wallpaper of them provided would suffice, wouldn't be the best of bested bestness, but it would be a decent place holder

Here you go.

April 12th, 2017, 10:56 am
Denizen

Shotguns should have a cone area of effect I think.

Maybe do three spawn points one for the base game lawbots, one for the cavalry lawbots and one for the old tyme lawbots? That way if people only own certain sets they can still play with the spawn points that they have?

My biggest thought right now is how to handle the spawn points. We don't have good miniatures for them. We could proxy with dice or something, but that feels odd.

The one thing I was thinking is to design a new scenario. Escape the Train Crash or something. Where you designate one side of the board as the train wreck. Instead of spawn points you have the lawbots spawn from the doors of the tile facing the wreck. The only downside is that there are no spawn points to destroy.

April 12th, 2017, 2:39 pm
Denizen

AzureKnight wrote:
Shotguns should have a cone area of effect I think.

Maybe do three spawn points one for the base game lawbots, one for the cavalry lawbots and one for the old tyme lawbots? That way if people only own certain sets they can still play with the spawn points that they have?

My biggest thought right now is how to handle the spawn points. We don't have good miniatures for them. We could proxy with dice or something, but that feels odd.

The one thing I was thinking is to design a new scenario. Escape the Train Crash or something. Where you designate one side of the board as the train wreck. Instead of spawn points you have the lawbots spawn from the doors of the tile facing the wreck. The only downside is that there are no spawn points to destroy.

i was thinking (and this is Arcade mode specific) about doing a paired Spawn Point for the normal sherrifs n law bots in the base box, so most folks could use it, then a single spawn of the ones from either of the expansions.

i migh hunt down something to use as the spawn point mini today, shouldn't be too hard to find something of use.

@Imriel Thank You!!! i must have missed this upon notification, legend. (pun may or may not be intended... hahaha)

April 12th, 2017, 10:52 pm
Mini-Boss

I like the idea of using the highest ranking as mobile spawner. Or maybe have all of them start on the board and spawning occurs via skills?

Since spray doesn't exist anymore,I'd go for a dex based sweep attack for the shotgun. Maybe sweep 3

April 13th, 2017, 7:21 am
Minion

I for one second (or is this third?) the idea of having the Sherif as a sorta living spawn point, it makes sense thematically and gives the RRI spawns a unique twist. The Sherif would just need long ranged attacks and abilities as well as being more durable. This would be because it would have to be serving the purpose of both spawn and most elite minion.

April 13th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Mini-Boss

3 wounds would be a good start.

April 13th, 2017, 7:19 pm
Minion

Xris Wraith wrote:
3 wounds would be a good start.

I would have thought it would need more, otherwise it might as well be a regular spawn point. Perhaps some ability to pass of damage to the deputies if they are base to base or something?

April 13th, 2017, 8:27 pm
Minion

Perhaps the sheriff could have something like Goro's Feed Me ability (it could be called something like I Need that Part). I also think that there is an ability where you can shunt damage to an adjacent mini (I can't remember the name right now). The Lootimeter rules for SDE have the bosses shunt damage and status effect to adjacent monsters (maybe something like this would work).

If we could get more info on how the mobile spawn points work that would help immensely.

April 13th, 2017, 9:33 pm
Denizen

yeah i like the idea of a mobile spawn point for the sherrif, would need probs 4 wounds tho, and like you say some kind of Goro-ish tactic applied

April 13th, 2017, 11:40 pm
Denizen

I would say 4 wounds if the Sheriff is the spawn point.

One other crazy idea, what if we make the Treasure chest the spawn point. The Lawbots are there to guard the loot after all. We make a Treasure Chest spawn point and when the "Heroes" defeat it they get the rewards from popping a spawn point and it then becomes a normal chest that can be looted. Thematically it makes sense that more Lawbots would keep appearing to guard the treasure.

April 14th, 2017, 2:28 pm
Minion

AzureKnight wrote:
I would say 4 wounds if the Sheriff is the spawn point.

One other crazy idea, what if we make the Treasure chest the spawn point. The Lawbots are there to guard the loot after all. We make a Treasure Chest spawn point and when the "Heroes" defeat it they get the rewards from popping a spawn point and it then becomes a normal chest that can be looted. Thematically it makes sense that more Lawbots would keep appearing to guard the treasure.

I like the theme, but i think in practice it wouldn't really change much to game play. You know what I mean? At least with a mobile spawn it's something that would change how the counsel and hero have to play.

April 14th, 2017, 4:46 pm
Minion

RIGHT cause this has died a little *shameonyou* I, with no ability or skill or practice is going to just do this, hopefully in an attempt to get the ball rolling.

Deputies (minion)
Move: 5
Action: 1
Hearts: 1
:edit: Skull: 1

STR: 2B (sword 1)
ARM: 3B (shield)
WIL: 2B
Dex: 1R 1B (arrow 5)

Take them down!: (Like Mob but for range) if it uses its basic range attack on a target that was already attacked this turn add +1B to the DEX roll.

Does not compute.... your um....under arrest!: 1 action point. range 2. STR VS STR knockdown.

-----------------------------

Sherrif (elite)
Action: 2
Hearts: 3
:edit: Skulls: 2

STR: 1R 1B (sword 1)
ARM: 3B (shield)
WIL: 3B
Dex: 2R (arrow 5)

Take them down!: (Like Mob but for range) if it uses its basic range attack on a target that was already attacked this turn add +1B to the DEX roll.

I need back up!: (2 action) spawn :edit:1 deputy.

Stop in the name of the law!: (1 action) STR vs STR range 2. Knock Down, Slow.

Double Barrel Laser Raider Destroyer. (2 action attack) Sweep 2. +2B dice Knockback 4.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Marshall (elite)
Action: 3
Hearts: 5
:edit:Skulls: 3

STR: 2R (sword 1)
ARM: 2B 2R (shield)
WIL: 3B
Dex: 2R 1B (arrow 5)

I am the law: The Marshal is treated as both a spawn point and an elite minion. when bringing in new models use all the rules for spawning as if the Marshal was the spawn point. The only difference is the Marshall is placed at the start of the game in vain of the spawn point, and obviously, you can't spawn a new marshal. When you spawn from the Marshall the Marshall heals to full health, but after you do, nothing can be spawned from the marshal for two game turns.

The swag: The marshal is guarding some of what the raiders are looking for, when he is killed, in addition to the loot provided for destroying a spawn point, the party may draw five loot cards and keep two of their choice, or a single treasure card from the treasure deck.

:edit: Trusty Laser Rifle: (2 action attack) Lance 8, +1B, Fire.

Justice Aint gonna dispense itself: (3 action attack) Range 5. If a target is knocked down add +1G to this attack and inflict Hex and Bane.

----------------

Spawn: 8 deputies, 3 Marshals, 1 Sherrif. Takes up two spawn slots the council had access to just like paired spawn point would.

------------------

SO THERE. hopefully, this will get us started off. Like I have never designed anything like this before and honestly, this is solely to get this thread going and to provide a basis for people to work who maybe didn't know where to start but play SDE more than me to balance this out or just for some inspiration.

Last edited by Rainthezangoose on April 30th, 2017, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2017, 7:56 am
Minion

I also have little experience designing cards. I see a couple of things that could be added or changed. They need skull values. The deputy would probably be a one and the sheriffs might be a two. Also the marshals should have a longer range because they have rifles. Either the overall range should be longer or they should have a special attack with longer range. Iam not sure if the special ability when the sheriff spawns will be too overpowered. Overall it is a good start and like you I hope others with more experience will help out.

April 29th, 2017, 6:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next