View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2017, 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Injuries, Team Rating, Handicaps, Rogues and Outsiders 
Mini-Boss

I have read a lot of different comments from a lot of different people about the similarities between Blood Bowl and Ninja All Stars. I have been a big fan of Blood Bowl since the first edition and have been a witness to it's evolution during it's versions. With each edition the game had improved by leaps and bounds, until we have the version that is available today.

The point is that I think that there is room to borrow come of the ideas from Blood Bowl (just so long as we acknowledge and give credit to the source) , I would like to propose the following changes to the list of considerations:

Injury Rolls
One thing I would really like to see in this game is the potential for ninjas to die. It sucks when it happens to you, but that's what happens when you play with swords. I would suggest implementing the following injury table:

Spirit - full recovery
Air - full recovery
Water - full recovery
Fire - miss next game, niggling injury (see rules below)
Earth - miss next game, roll again and consult second chart (see below)
Void - Dead

If Earth is rolled, roll again and consult the following:
Spirit: no further effect
Air: (Broken Leg) -1 MA
Water: (Broken Arm) -1 ATT
Fire: (Blinded in One Eye) -1 DEF
Earth: (Broken Spirit) Miss two games
Void: (Niggling Injury) For every niggling injury that a character has, they must roll one extra die on any future injury rolls, and take the worst result.

Team Rating
The Team Rating currently being used by NAS is very similar to previous versions used in Blood Bowl. The new one used by Blood Bowl, would also work for this, and that is why I propose it.

Rather than adding the total Koban cost of the models and then dividing, just keep the Koban cost at full price. So a rookie clan that has cost 91 Koban to buy has a rating of 91. Under the current rule, all skills add 1 to the value, so it could be extrapolated that a skill would add 10 full koban to the value. So the same rookie team finishes a match with no injuries and they do not buy any new ninjas. They did, however, earn 2 skills (+10 each), so their rating is now 91+10+10 = 111.

Rogues similar to Freebooters
In a league game of Ninja All Stars, when ninjas are missing the Team Rating will be adjusted accordingly. Any missing ninjas remove their full value from the roster for the period that they are missing. Now, with the Team Ratings being at full value, it is an easy matter for the two teams to compare and make up the difference. So Clan Tanchyo and Clan Ika are gearing up for a match. Tanchyo has a TR of 133 and Ika has a TR of 114. There is a difference of 19 points which Clan Ika can spend on temporary ninjas or Ronin to make up the difference. Any Ronin and ninjas hired in this way are outsiders.

Outsiders similar to the Loner skill
Any ninjas or Ronin who are not hired on as part of the permanent roster are considered to be outsiders. Outsiders are not used to working, training with the clan and so are not as cohesive with them as a group. Any Ronin or ninja outsider is unable to use any Moon Cards or re-roll tokens.

February 7th, 2016, 12:35 pm
Mini-Boss

I think 1 in 6 chance to die is too harsh. Why not put the death in the second chart. So it's only 1/36?

February 8th, 2016, 12:56 pm
Ninja Corps

Xris Wraith wrote:
I think 1 in 6 chance to die is too harsh. Why not put the death in the second chart. So it's only 1/36?

There are a couple other alternitive injury methods over on viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5090 (when I do my next round up of house rules, this one will be there too)

February 8th, 2016, 6:40 pm
Mini-Boss

Xris Wraith wrote:

Well, you thought running in the house with scissors was bad? These guys are chopping at each other with swords! :P

February 8th, 2016, 9:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]