View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 29th, 2017, 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Monster Musume? 
Consul

I got the news, and ND is working with the guys behind Monster Musume. Except, there's no game or anything related to that.

Instead, we're getting Strike Witches?

How do we push for some kind of Monster Musume game?
It's not like there isn't plenty of fighting in there!

And it should be a campaign.

June 24th, 2016, 5:16 am
Minion

I would love to see something MonMuse come of this (and given Marie Claude doing the Rachnera cosplay for Ninja Division there is a high chance). What type of game is kinda hard though, possibly not well known enough for a full boardgame, definitely enough fighting for a Karate Fight style card game.

All I really want is some SDE crossover minis, there is already chibi art for the main girls so not hard to draw inspiration. Maybe do them up as fantasy classes:

-Centorea as a Knight
-Miia as a Fighter (style/armour depends on whether she is from desert or tropical regions)
-Papi as a bard
-Mero as Dark Mage (curses/misfortune)

etc etc

June 24th, 2016, 10:21 am
Ninja Corps

May not be a popular opinion. But, there are tons of properties they have that I would love to see gamified before a braindead, moe-blob, boobieseries.

Just glancing at their manga, a game set in the railgun/index universe could be great. A gunslinger girls game could be very interesting (I wouldn't have suggested that one normally, but with a spice and wolf game coming, anything goes really). Kokoro Connect could make a pretty wild co-op game. Or even Magical Girl Apocolypse...which I know absolutely nothing about, but already sounds like a game title. :lol:

June 24th, 2016, 12:31 pm
Minion

Adding Monster Musume to SDE would be neat and an easy cross-over, not a full game though (expansion maybe?).

Since they got Strike Witches a fleet game for Kancolle or Ars Nova would be neat. Not sure how the whole child assassin bit would be in certain areas for Gunslinger Girls, though it would be interesting to see what they do with it (Personally want an Italian dub of the series).

Another neat anime to turn to a game could be Heavy Object. Or maybe a risk-ish game based on Lord Marksman... so many choices.

Course for another nice miniature game that would give massive inspiration would be to get a hold on the Gundam franchise.

Also as other animes to add to SDE
- Overlord
- Is it ok to pick up Girls in a dungeon
- Slayers
- (pretty much any general fantasy anime)

June 24th, 2016, 3:45 pm
Consul

I'm not entirely sure that Monster Musume works as a SDE expansion. The battles I recall were duels or squad skirmishes of maybe a half-dozen models per side, so the scale is very different from SDE. Something on a NAS-sized 2'x3' board would be nice. MonMuse is also very character driven. Finally, I'd want the MonMuse models to be "realistic" vs SD "chibi", to capture the full character design. So that kind of rules out MonMuse being SDE.

I'd want to look at it as a campaign, where you collect a team of different monster heroes and level them up over several sessions. Kind of like Mordheim or Necromunda.

The tricky part is that each monster has very different abilities.

June 25th, 2016, 1:00 am
Consul

Focslain wrote:
Not sure how the whole child assassin bit would be in certain areas for Gunslinger Girls, though it would be interesting to see what they do with it (Personally want an Italian dub of the series).

Gunslinger Girls is an awesome anime, but the whole bit about child soldiers is a tad off-putting. Leaving that one girl out in the rain to practice marksmanship was kind of awful.

The game itself is basically a dragonslayer game, where the child soldier is a heroic(?) dragon, battling hordes of mooks. Solid game, but you're going to have one player sending an army of cops / mercenaries / assassins against a little girl.

June 25th, 2016, 1:02 am
Ninja Corps

GrauGeist wrote:
Gunslinger Girls is an awesome anime, but the whole bit about child soldiers is a tad off-putting. Leaving that one girl out in the rain to practice marksmanship was kind of awful.

To be fair, the point of that bit was that the girl's handler didn't understand how literal-minded the girls were, it didn't occur to him that she would just stand there and keep shooting because he didn't tell her when to stop. Guy got royally chewed out for it.
That said, it's a show about preteen girls who've been turned into brainwashed cyborg super-assassins. If you're not creeped out, something's probably wrong.

I started doing Let's Plays!

October 11th, 2016, 1:07 pm
Consul

Oh, I got that, and it drove the point home.

I just don't see how it can be a game.

October 12th, 2016, 1:49 am
Ninja Corps

My first thought is, like, one of those CCG-but-not dealies where you have a bunch of cards that represent things the characters can do, and you build a deck centered around a given character.

Maybe a co-operative game like Fantasy Flight did with Lord of the Rings. You have a deck that represents the antagonists and the shenanigans they get up to, and each player has a smaller deck representing a fratello. The antagonist deck provides challenges of various types for the players to overcome, and all the decks are customizable.

I mean, I'd play that. I'd play a lot of games that used such a structure, frankly.

I started doing Let's Plays!

October 12th, 2016, 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]