View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 16th, 2018, 8:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Codex 
Minion

The game is very unique, and a lot of fun.
The kickstarter ends march 3rd.

kickstarter

rules

print n play

Board Game Geek page

Watch it Played

Articles About the Game

March 1st, 2016, 10:44 am
Moderator Ninja

I keep going back and forth on this one. It's a good unique concept but 200 bucks is a lot of money :)

March 1st, 2016, 1:33 pm
Minion

Jestor wrote:
I keep going back and forth on this one. It's a good unique concept but 200 bucks is a lot of money :)

Check out the print n plays - you can get the entire game right now for 30 bucks. Free for the starter (which is solid) and 10 for two of the factions.
http://www.sirlingames.com/collections/codex

There's aspects I like of the Green, Blue , and White factions. I haven't played the others but no one faction is set to a specific role. They all give you a lot of options for how to play.

March 1st, 2016, 2:02 pm
Mini-Boss

Another Yu-Gi-Oh or Magic: The Gathering card game?

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

March 3rd, 2016, 2:06 pm
Minion

Nephastus wrote:
Another Yu-Gi-Oh or Magic: The Gathering card game?

I would argue quite the opposite actually. There is no CCG aspect, your not buying boosters and your not building a 60 card deck.

Each factions starts with a preset 10 card starter deck. You pick a hero or 3 heroes depending on the game mode you are playing, and at the end of a players turn they can tech in two cards into their deck specific to the hero or heroes chosen. When you delve into it the game has a lot of things it does really right, and the result of it is every turn feels meaningful and has impact. There's very little randomness almost to the point of having none.

Depending on the heroes you choose will define the play style of your deck, from Control, to Rushdown, or a mix of something between.

The starter set is solid and you can download it and print it out.

March 3rd, 2016, 5:58 pm
Ninja Corps

I can't afford to go in on this myself. But I always liked the idea of the customizable, non collectible, games like this. Fantasy Flight calls them living card games (LCGs) and has several, like Game of Thrones or Netrunner. I'm partial to Mage Wars myself. It's not an "LCG" as that's a term copywritten by Fantasy Flight, but it's the same concept of non collectible, customizable game.

March 4th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Moderator Ninja

Usagi wrote:
I can't afford to go in on this myself. But I always liked the idea of the customizable, non collectible, games like this. Fantasy Flight calls them living card games (LCGs) and has several, like Game of Thrones or Netrunner. I'm partial to Mage Wars myself. It's not an "LCG" as that's a term copywritten by Fantasy Flight, but it's the same concept of non collectible, customizable game.

This game is much more similar in mechanics to Mage Wars as you choose your cards from a book.

March 7th, 2016, 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]