View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2018, 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Medieval Fantasy Chess KS 
Mini-Boss

OK. I know about this is advertise a product from another company , but it has nothing to concurrent with the SPM products, so I created the topic here.Just take a look.

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

October 7th, 2015, 10:34 am
Dungeon Boss

This entire board section is for Super Dungeon Explore, and discussions related to the game, as well as other SPM products. This sort of post is completely inappropriate to post here. That said, we do need an off-topic thread/board section for these sorts of discussions...

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

October 7th, 2015, 11:48 am
Mini-Boss

I wish we could play chess on a bigger board, maybe even multiple boards; that each pieace had a list of special power, say, in cards; and that success weren't automatic - perhaps with the rolling of dice. Finally, a chibi style to those pieces would be fun.

October 7th, 2015, 2:09 pm
Mini-Boss

@Daemonforge Ok. Just request to erase this topic to forum moderators. I think so I can't delete the topic. Anyway, every Super Dungeon Lover still saving bucks to jump in Legends and this topic was a waste. I'm sorry if I've offended some SPM fanboy here. :ugeek:

@Gorondil Try to use shallow grave undeads with rattle bones to setup in one side and kodama/kinoko in another side of chess board to have a thematic plants vs undead chess.

* The art of wait.

October 7th, 2015, 3:33 pm
Dungeon Boss

Nephastus wrote:
@Daemonforge Ok. Just request to erase this topic to forum moderators. I think so I can't delete the topic. Anyway, every Super Dungeon Lover still saving bucks to jump in Legends and this topic was a waste. I'm sorry if I've offended some SPM fanboy.

You didn't offend me with anything, I was just stating the facts, and commenting that we really should have an off-topic thread. Your condescending statement here offended me.

Click Here for My Comprehensive List of Every Hero, Monster, and Boss available for Super Dungeon Explore.

October 7th, 2015, 6:29 pm
Consul

Quite frankly, the product is severely underwhelming for the $1,000+ USD price.

For $1,000 USD, I think one can do better if one wants a really nice standard sized chess set.

October 7th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Dungeon Boss

GrauGeist wrote:
Quite frankly, the product is severely underwhelming for the $1,000+ USD price.

For $1,000 USD, I think one can do better if one wants a really nice standard sized chess set.

When I was in Europe I saw dozens of high quality chess sets for half the price of this. There was this one beautiful one where the board and all the pieces looked to be made out of a marble. Significantly fancier, significantly less bank-breaking.

October 7th, 2015, 7:27 pm
Denizen

for $1000 US dollars i would want a holo-chess set from SW-NewHope.

October 7th, 2015, 8:36 pm
Bottle Cap

wtf, mate?

October 8th, 2015, 10:17 pm
Denizen

i have a custom Orks vs Chaos warhammer 40k chess set, some of the few 40k models i have kept since the recent sales

October 9th, 2015, 12:50 am
Consul

Well... It's... nice? I guess...

But with a $1000 price tag (really?!) it's nothing!
Like Lizardman said, you could buy individually Warhammer minis with that kind of money.
They are pouring way more effort and quality into this product than the end result can deliver. It's pretty, but it doesn't really have much of a WOW factor...

October 9th, 2015, 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I thank all the opinions that have been exposed here. This being a way to help me decide if I continue to support this campaign or move to the $1 option without rewards. It is still possible to obtain a set of the standard size pieces made of resin at a price of $280 (32 chess pieces) which could be painted with silver and gold ink to simulate metal.
I ask that you continue putting thoughts with this new information, although if it is to acquire resin parts, I better save money to invest in Lengends campaign.

* The art of wait.

October 9th, 2015, 9:01 am
Consul

For this particular KS, the question is whether you REALLY like these particular sculpts. If this is the EXACT style of Chess set that you REALLY, REALLY want, then by all means, go for it.

Personally, I'd get a heavyweight 3.75" set with a hardwood board. Those standard pieces (with extra Queens) are under $50, and the board is simply a function of whatever wood you like.

October 9th, 2015, 3:12 pm
Consul

Lizardman wrote:
i have a custom Orks vs Chaos warhammer 40k chess set, some of the few 40k models i have kept since the recent sales

Btw, why don't you post a photo? 8-)

October 9th, 2015, 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Ninja

Daemonforge wrote:
This entire board section is for Super Dungeon Explore, and discussions related to the game, as well as other SPM products. This sort of post is completely inappropriate to post here. That said, we do need an off-topic thread/board section for these sorts of discussions...

Soda Pop Culture is the correct place for those types of discussions.

P.S. - Can people please stop reporting this topic. It's totally allowed even if it was in the wrong place to start. We want all the gaming companies to succeed and if this topic helps that then awesome :)

October 13th, 2015, 7:53 am
Mini-Boss

Thank you, Jestor ;)

* The art of wait.

October 15th, 2015, 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]