View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2018, 3:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 What anime are you currently watching? 
Employee

I get asked this a lot so I figured I would create a thread for it so we can all share what is currently on our flat screens.

I'm currently watching Beyond the Boundary and Kill La Kill. Thoroughly enjoying both. Kill La Kill is just insane. You can tell it was made by the guys who did Gurren Lagann. It is nonstop energy.

March 11th, 2014, 3:44 pm
Ninja Corps

I'm still trying to catch up on One Piece. Also been watching Soule Eater. I like the crazy style in both.

March 11th, 2014, 4:24 pm
Minion

D-Frag's been a pleasant surprise so far. I love those shows that feature a cast of crazy characters and has one or two 'normal' ones swept up in the insanity.

Log Horizon's the other show I've been keeping up with. The 'people trapped in an MMO' isn't particularly original, but the show's got a couple interesting concepts (NPCs being actual 'people', having lives, character, interacting; the game environment being influenced by player jobs/traits in unique ways).

March 11th, 2014, 4:47 pm
Minion

Just got finished watching Attack on Titan.

Was the best anime series I've seen in a LONG time.

March 12th, 2014, 10:26 pm
Denizen

Minor question. Did the old thread go in a direction that caused it's deletion and require a warning? Did we do something wrong? Just curious.

Secondly, Kill La Kill has gotten insane. It's so fanservicey I have trouble mentioning I watch it for fear of being labeled one of "those guys".

—Gihren Zabi , Mobile Suit Gundam

March 13th, 2014, 4:59 am
Employee

Vul_Eagle wrote:
Minor question. Did the old thread go in a direction that caused it's deletion and require a warning? Did we do something wrong? Just curious.

Nope it had just fallen beneath the fold and I forgot about it!

March 13th, 2014, 6:19 am
Denizen

So I was feeling nostalgic and started watching Record of Lodoss War again recently. This was the first big D&D-esque fantasy series I could remember. It also had negative ramifications on my D&D group as Ashram became the new model for emulation by our resident hack and slasher, replacing drizzt dourden. I even bought an extra Paladin for SDE to paint up as an homage to Ashram.

March 14th, 2014, 2:33 am
Minion

^ One of my favorite animes ever! There's an AMV of it somewhere on youtube set to Power Symphony's "Way of the Sword" that to this day makes my day every time I see it.

March 14th, 2014, 3:29 am
Employee

That is one of the shows that got me into anime. Friggin love it. Fun Fact: Starfire's "development name" was Shooting Star.

March 14th, 2014, 5:34 am
Denizen

I thought the ranger's design looked a bit familiar too.

March 14th, 2014, 8:00 am
Mini-Boss

Currently I watch Naruto (yeah I know, shame on me....), Following Kaiji and Gamble Fish (manga both).

If anyone know any good mangas or animes about gambling/games please tell me :) I am always eager for more of that genre!

<3

When all realities in which you can lose are eleminated, first then can you be proclaimed the winner.

March 15th, 2014, 2:43 pm
Minion

^ Hmmm, gambling anime. Kaiji was the first thing that came to mind. What a weird show that is... it has such an unpleasant vibe and atmosphere, but keeps you wondering what comes next.

What is it that makes you like gambling anime? Is it the psychology/mind games? If so, you might want to check out Death Note (except the game is... well, I don't want to spoil it. It's like a murder investigation from several perspectives), Code Geass (except with psychic powers) or Eyeshield 21 (except the game is football, but it's more about the strategy and tactics behind plays). If it's more the "explaining a game and showing how the character wins at it", I remember there being animes about "Go" (Hikaru no Go) and "Mahjong", whose titles escape me.

March 16th, 2014, 12:04 am
Denizen

Anyone watching the Garo sequel Zero: Black Blood?

March 16th, 2014, 3:42 am
Minion

Kill la Kill is absolutely insane! The other series right now ending strongly is Tokyo Ravens, which I highly recommend to everyone.

And next season? JoJo's Bizarre Adventure returns to rule my flat-screen.

March 16th, 2014, 5:39 pm
Denizen

I am surprised no one else is watching Gunpla Builders. I mean the show is all about Model building and gaming.

March 16th, 2014, 6:48 pm
Minion

Firesplitter wrote:
If anyone know any good mangas or animes about gambling/games please tell me :) I am always eager for more of that genre!

Try Chihayafuru, an anime about Karuta (Japanese card game) though it almost gets into the genre of a sports anime once the matches pick up.

As for what I watch, kinda divided between keeping up with simulcasts and back-cataloging. Streams Im watching this season are:

-Kill La Kill (who isnt.....)
-Magi
-Log Horizon (despite what it looks like, its nothing like SAO)
-Silver Spoon
-Hozuki No Reitetsu, hidden gem of the season for me, great comedy and a large departure for the guys at WIT (makers of Attack on Titan)
-Nagi No Asukara
-Space Dandy (funkiest opening song this season by far)
-Samurai Flamenco
-World Conquest Zvezda Plot

Probably others. Also have a copy of Durarara!! on Blu-ray on pre-order for the end of the month, and good timing too with the announcement of the second season today :mrgreen:

March 16th, 2014, 9:18 pm
Denizen

Samurai Flamenco has hit almost every toku trope at this point except the Makai Knights. On ethat Note GARO will have an animated series next season so maybe I can get some of you guys into toku with that. Also anyone excited about Mobile Suit Gundam the Beginning?

March 29th, 2014, 6:00 am
Mini-Boss

Let's see...

Log Horizon and Kill La Kill (though they both just ended!)
Sekai Seifuku: Zvezda Plot
Samurai Flamenco (though it's on its last episode)

Kamen Rider Gaim
About to start Express Sentai ToQGer

Not too sure about what to watch next season :/ Nothing really grabs me

March 29th, 2014, 8:58 pm
Denizen

Finally someone else to talk to about GAIM!!!!!!!
Man the show started really slow but has been far better than I expected. ToQ isn't as good as kyoryugerbut niether were quite as good as go-busters and gokaiger.

March 30th, 2014, 2:10 am
Mini-Boss

Alkatchoff wrote:
^ Hmmm, gambling anime. Kaiji was the first thing that came to mind. What a weird show that is... it has such an unpleasant vibe and atmosphere, but keeps you wondering what comes next.

What is it that makes you like gambling anime? Is it the psychology/mind games? If so, you might want to check out Death Note (except the game is... well, I don't want to spoil it. It's like a murder investigation from several perspectives), Code Geass (except with psychic powers) or Eyeshield 21 (except the game is football, but it's more about the strategy and tactics behind plays). If it's more the "explaining a game and showing how the character wins at it", I remember there being animes about "Go" (Hikaru no Go) and "Mahjong", whose titles escape me.

Haha xD Yes, it is the mind games that has me catched. Death Note I have watched :) It is simply a masterpiece. Rewatched it more than once. Code Geass I have the first dvd box of (not started watching yet :P). Eyeshield I might take a look into. Sounds interesting even though I am not into sports. :)

Worth to add: Watching Saki now <3 Sooo cute show <3333 I am so going to make Koromo my waifuuuu!!! I do so love her playstyle :'3

<3

When all realities in which you can lose are eleminated, first then can you be proclaimed the winner.

March 30th, 2014, 11:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next