View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 24th, 2018, 5:14 pm

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 [SDE] Question about MISSILE X 
Bottle Cap

Is Missile X unusable only if the figure attempting to use it is standing next to the intended target figure, or when it is next to ANY enemy figure? If the latter is true, then I'm curious as to why that is. Not ready to agree or disagree, yet; just want to better understand the logic.

Thanks for any clarification!

March 15th, 2012, 7:40 pm
Dungeon Boss

Missile X - to use it, you can't be within 1 space of the intended target. Other figures besides the attacker and the target are irrelevant.

March 16th, 2012, 9:41 pm
Bottle Cap

thetang22 wrote:
Missile X - to use it, you can't be within 1 space of the intended target. Other figures besides the attacker and the target are irrelevant.

That's the way my group played it. However, I'm wondering what advantage Missile X has over Ranged X and Magic X that causes it to suffer the aforementioned disadvantage where the others don't?

March 17th, 2012, 6:36 am
Denizen

deffler wrote:
thetang22 wrote:

That's the way my group played it. However, I'm wondering what advantage Missile X has over Ranged X and Magic X that causes it to suffer the aforementioned disadvantage where the others don't?

Missle X lets you use DEX, Ranged X generally would use ATK. So if your DEX is better than your ATK, then Missle X is better than Ranged X for you. ^^;

March 17th, 2012, 9:51 am
Dungeon Boss

deffler wrote:
thetang22 wrote:
that causes it to suffer the aforementioned disadvantage where the others don't?

That's strictly a design choice by the dev's.

There are no advantages that Missile X has over Range X or Magic X....they are all modified by a single stat (Dex, Attack, and Magic, respectively). Therefore, if you would have the EXACT same dice value for each of those 3 stats...Missile X would be the only one with the disadvantage.

March 17th, 2012, 5:59 pm
Minion

Usually you don't get to pick though.

March 17th, 2012, 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]