View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 24th, 2018, 4:29 am

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 [SDE] Beginner Questions! 
Bottle Cap

Okay so I attempted to play this game for the first time last night, and I'm sure I messed up about 20 different rules. For starters:

1. How does the activation of monsters work? Do you spawn 4 Skulls worth per spawn point at the beginning of each round or your turn?

2. When moving your monsters how exactly does this one go? Is it Heroes go, then I move one monster, hero, monster, hero, (no more heroes) so I move the rest of the monster?

3. Do hearts and potions work on defense rolls for the heroes or is it just offensive attacks?

4. If the Ember Mage casts Flame Wave and it hits 3 monsters and she rolls a heart, does she get 3 hearts assuming the defense rolls fail?

Really enjoyed the game so far even though I had to wing most of it, so would love to really get the rules down before I play again. Thanks in advance for the help!

March 14th, 2012, 6:10 pm
Denizen

I can answer these, methinks!

1. You spawn 4 Skull Points worth of monsters at the beginning of each round per spawn point still standing. You also get to spawn an extra Skull Point at whatever spawn point you want per Skull Token you earned last round. So if you earned two Skull Tokens and have two spawn points remaining, you can summon 4 SP worth of monsters at one and 6 SP at the other, or you can summon 5 SP worth of monsters at each.

2. Here is how monster movement works. You decide which team moves first by rolling initiative. The Heroes and the Consul will then alternate turns. During the Heroes' turn, they get to move only a single hero character. During the Consul's turn, you get to move 4 Skull Points worth of monsters. That means you can move, say, (1 Dragon Priest and 1 Gouger), or (2 Flingers), or (1 Ironscale, 1 Gouger, and 1 Knucklehead), or (4 Knuckleheads), or (1 Rex), etc. After that, the Heroes get to move another unit. Once one side has run out of units to move, the other side gets to move the rest of their units.

3. When rolling hearts and potions for a defense roll, treat them like you rolled a blank.

4. You only get 1 heart as long as at least 1 monster was hit.

I hope that helps!

March 14th, 2012, 6:39 pm
Bottle Cap

That helped a lot thanks for the response!

March 14th, 2012, 8:23 pm
Bottle Cap

One more question! Do heroes get potions/hearts on defensive rolls or is it only for offensive?

March 15th, 2012, 4:08 pm
Employee

Only on attack rolls.

March 15th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]