View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2018, 5:20 am

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 [SDE] Did I have to activate to use the Resurect Item? 
Minion

Just played an awesome game of Super Dungeon Explore...and the heroes only just lost.

But at one point I had to use a Resurrection item which is equipped in the Blue loot slot of a hero.
I used it to resurrect the Paladin. However, it doesn't clearly state if this is used like a potion or if the hero who holds it has to 'use it' as part of their activation.

We rolled for it and it was decided that my Mage had to 'use it' as part of their activation.
But I'd appreciate an official ruling or some kind of feedback....mostly because my Paladin got munched by the Dragon (AGAIN!) and there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

March 13th, 2012, 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

The wording clearly states that you use it at the beginning of the round, thus you do not using during a unit's activation. You use it basically around the same time that the Dark Consul summons new monsters. This was actually a key point in a game I played with friends. During the game, one of my friends had a Resurrection Charm equipped. At the beginning of the round, one of the players died. However, since this was in the middle of the turn, the hero couldn't use the charm until the end, and he actually got killed at the end of that same round. That meant that the party could not use the Resurrection Charm since the hero who had equipped it had kicked the bucket.

March 14th, 2012, 12:18 am
Minion

Thanks for the clarification.

March 14th, 2012, 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

I'm here to help how I can. I tend to be a rules jerk in a lot of games I play, but there are still plenty of nuances in SDE that I am unsure about.

March 14th, 2012, 9:31 am
Bottle Cap

I think I know who LickofPaint is lol.

That was our game I think! Least we know now for the future!

March 15th, 2012, 8:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]