View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 14th, 2017, 7:03 am

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Any homebrew campaign rules out there? 
Minion

Thinking I may have to make my own...unless someone has a good link.

March 10th, 2015, 3:19 am
Mini-Boss

There have been a few attempts in the past, but I think it's fair to say that none of them have fully got off the ground. With the announcement of official rules in the form of "SDE: Legends" sometime in the future I think most people have put their ideas on hold, with the intention of writing their campaigns in the Legends ruleset.

March 12th, 2015, 9:38 am
Minion

Hmm, Guess i'll have to make my own, just going to wait for forgotten king first.

March 12th, 2015, 2:30 pm
Mini-Boss

I've thought about it, and I want to now that I have Forgotten King. But, I want to work on getting my stuff painted first.... a lot of painting to do... Here is my idea of what a campaign mode could be.

So, campaign is played in Arcade Mode. You play a series of "Quests." A quest is basically a single game of SDE but a little smaller. It shouldn't take an hour to get though a single quest, at least not a beginner one. So there won't be a dungeon boss, and there might not be spawn points. Minions might just start on the board. The quest will lay out certain things for you such as:
- How to lay out your tiles
- Which Explore cards will make up your deck (or even determining if a certain tile will always have a certain Explore card tied to it)
- Which Treasure cards you can obtain (the rest are set aside, but other quests could make them available to be found)
- The makeup of your Arcade Deck (which would make things either easier or harder, and could create some really fun battles)

The way I think of it, there would be a book. When you start a party of adventurers, their Treasure Deck will be empty. I think by completing different quests, it will allow them to add more cards to their Treasure Deck. Maybe the same way for good Explore cards. The quests could be chained, so you need to do one before another. They would lead up to an Epic boss fight at the end.

I think I might just wait for Legends though, since I would hate to do all the work if they already did it for me. :D

April 9th, 2015, 4:42 pm
Mini-Boss

@eternaldream Your ideas are very close to ideas I'm having for one-shot Arcade Challenges - although I too am going to wait for Legends before I worry about chaining games together I do plan to experiment with predetermining tiles/Explore cards/monsters/treasure/extra rules to create hard Arcade maps for people who want to take their co-op play to the next level. I'll post them to the forums as and when I get good results.

April 9th, 2015, 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]