View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 19th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 potion clarifications 
Bottle Cap

I have two questions we got caught up playing last night.

1) Von wilding potions, can it be thrown by other heroes during their activations or just his?

2) sister of light potion that gives cross 1, holy, fire. Can the model who drinks the potion still make a diagonal attack?

Since the potion effect replaces a normal attack with a cross effect, which can only be one space in front, back, and two side of the model. If they are unable to, do the original attack just miss completely since the model can no longer attack diagonal spaces?

If they are able to make the diagonal attack, does the cross effect apply on top? possibly hitting twice?

M M
M M H M

B B
B B H M

M = monster
H= hero
B= boss

Like in the above, would the hero be able to hit the top right monster or top right portion of the Boss, and benefit from the cross effect?

thank you,

September 19th, 2014, 8:47 pm
Denizen

1, yes any other can use Von wilding's thrown potion during their activation.

2, I think this was FAQ'd somewhere. No, you could not attack diagonally as it replaces your basic attack with the cross attack for the rest of the activation. I'll see if I can find a ref.

September 19th, 2014, 9:21 pm
Denizen

Found it,
In the FAQ Overload thread,

Quote:
Q - For the Sister of Light, does her potion completely replace the melee attack or can they choose to do either the cross or a normal melee? And if f the target can do a melee and not the cross, does the melee attack get Holy and Fire?
A- As stated in Elixir of Light’s description “All” melee attacks gain “Cross 1, Holy, Fire,” so the Hero may not opt to make a normal melee attack.

And
Quote:
Q - Can any Hero use offensive potions, or just the Hero with said potion ?
A - Just like normal potions any Hero can drink an offensive potion, provided the Hero with the offensive potion has the necessary potion counters on their card.

September 19th, 2014, 9:30 pm
Bottle Cap

awesome. Thank you for the help. Von wilding is broke.....

September 19th, 2014, 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]