View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 14th, 2017, 7:14 am

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 NEW RULES OUT 
Consul

Do you never play with a Dodge character armed with Bow attack?

September 14th, 2014, 3:45 am
Mini-Boss

Not as of yet no. i haven't had the fortune of playing princess ruby, rogue, or nyan nyan and gotten the wible woble treasure the assassins bow or the starfire treasure(that i cannot rememberthe name of) those are the only ways i can think of getting that combo thus far as soon as the nether strider is a hero with it im sure i will.

September 15th, 2014, 3:54 am
Consul

GrauGeist wrote:
Do you never play with a Dodge character armed with Bow attack?

Yeah, but honestly those things shouldn't exist...
Dodge and Bow attack-characters are immortal godlike beings with glowing eyes that makes the air hum with pure power... waum waum waum waum waum waum...
With the new rules DEX-defenders can't even be weakened by slow/cold/knockdown...

If THOSE are your measuring stick I understand why you think the current MM-chart is underpowered.
But balancing the entire game around that one (rather unlikely) scenario will just un-balance all other scenarios.

Also: why does this hero exist? She has dodge and a missile attack right off the bat!
At least it's 2AP attack, but once she reaches immortality she doesn't care.
Oh boy! She even has a heal! She can in fact bide her time!

September 15th, 2014, 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Consul

Yes, Malya is what I was thinking about - she's very good. And note that her attack is Burst 1 - it's very good. ;)

But even without her, I still don't like the final ability.

September 15th, 2014, 3:55 pm
Mini-Boss

Ok neutralize her with boris he has instant ice and knockdown. limit her attack actions with knockdown, and take away her offense and heal with ice, and still attack her for one plus whatever other monsters you have left to go that turn and if that doesn't work kill all the other heroes and let the boss deal with her the boss going every turn is messed up especially the forgotten king if she is all equipped up and "immortal" the king gets 3 red 3blue and a green on her 4 times a turn 5 after timeout.

Don't Forget the rules say consul chooses monsters after players choose heroes

September 15th, 2014, 5:44 pm
Mini-Boss

I'm hoping that monostat characters are very carefully managed in the new rules. Aside from the Omnitoad, they're rather too powerful for ordinary games without some kind of check and balance on them.

@vreeleader We don't know for sure that Boris has Ice. The only card we've seen for him had the old style status effect Pacify - Sodapop may have decided to change him around a bit and rebalance him when they redid the status list. I think Trent would be a better counter against her were here card to go unchanged in the new rules - her DPS against a single target is terrible since she has to spend 2 action points on her missile ability; this would mean she'd have great difficulty dealing with characters with Tough. Crucially as well Trent has the ability to destroy gear using his Decay special, which with a lucky roll could bring her back down to earth.

September 15th, 2014, 9:15 pm
Consul

I hope they remove that missile attack from Malya in the updated card.
No character should start out using the same stat in both defense and offense!

September 16th, 2014, 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

@dr. Despair you are right I shouldn't assume. The rest of your comment goes to the point i was trying to make though if the heroes go with a single stat hero find away around it like compelling her into lava or poison brambles.

September 16th, 2014, 7:41 pm
Bottle Cap

New player to SDE here, with a question about the new rules. On page 12, it says that the Consul player can choose to activate 4 skulls worth of monsters on his turn, while the heroes can all activate on their turn. Doesn't this put the Consul at a severe disadvantage compared to the old rules (where the Consul could activate 4 skulls worth of monsters for every hero activation, including activating any remaining monster models after the heroes finished their activation)? Am I misreading or missing something? So far it seems like this, along with the Bandage and Vigor basic actions, have really changed the balance of the game. What am I missing here?

September 17th, 2014, 5:35 am
Ninja Corps

40Kpopper wrote:
New player to SDE here, with a question about the new rules. On page 12, it says that the Consul player can choose to activate 4 skulls worth of monsters on his turn, while the heroes can all activate on their turn. Doesn't this put the Consul at a severe disadvantage compared to the old rules (where the Consul could activate 4 skulls worth of monsters for every hero activation, including activating any remaining monster models after the heroes finished their activation)? Am I misreading or missing something? So far it seems like this, along with the Bandage and Vigor basic actions, have really changed the balance of the game. What am I missing here?

Turn order is as follows:

-Hero 1 activates
-Consul activates 4 Skulls worth of monsters (+1 Boss/Mini-Boss if available + all Creeps if available)
-Hero 2 activates
-Consul activates 4 Skulls worth of monsters (+1 Boss/Mini-Boss if available + all Creeps if available)
-Hero 3 activates
repeat

It's worth noting, that the Consul may choose to activate the same monsters every turn. So no, there's not really a disadvantage. The consul might get less activations total, because he doesn't activate the rest of his monsters at the end of turn like now but he potentially gets to activate his heavy hitters more often.

September 17th, 2014, 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

@Götz Kirchhauser - Ah, I got it! I was misreading the heroes' activation and thinking that they all activated consecutively, *then* the Consul player got his 4 skulls worth. I get it now, thanks for clarifying!

September 17th, 2014, 6:57 am
Consul

Per today's Update, they show this whole sequence of alternating activations in an example. It's very good.

September 19th, 2014, 11:30 pm
Denizen

GrauGeist wrote:
Per today's Update, they show this whole sequence of alternating activations in an example. It's very good.

Yes, it clears up any confusion over the timing of the power-up phase.

September 20th, 2014, 5:34 am
Mini-Boss

So which rules are we still missing?

We have seen:
turn order
potions
arcade cards
explore cards/traps
parts of the equipment including crystal affinity

core box heroes, a few old ones, a few monsters...
and I start to think... what is still missing?

October 24th, 2014, 4:31 pm
Mini-Boss

Creeps. We haven't seen a creep card with stats and abilities yet, so we only know a few conversational spoilers and the mechanics given in the rulebook.

We haven't seen any Wonders other than the recently revealed Mr. Bitey pet card.

We haven't seen an Boss Fight/Adventure effects card, though some of those will likely be shown in the next update.

We haven't seen any boss cards for Arcade mode.

We haven't seen the cards for any of the Boo Booty monsters.

We haven't seen used a number of the 'most common abilities' listed in the backer's rulebook - namely Blessing, Cursed, One Use Only & Pet X.

We haven't seen anything that could bump the Mighty Monster chart that was last shown to us up to its maximum level in a standard SDE game, unless (not yet clarified) minibosses can be spawned on timeout.

October 26th, 2014, 4:14 pm
Consul

Next week, I'm assuming we see the last of the Halloween / Glauerdoom / Von Drakk stuff - the Stilt Town Zombies min-Boss. Not sure what else they will show.

October 27th, 2014, 1:23 am
Mini-Boss

George would be awesome, also Goro, Giri and maybe the new Von Drakk tiles.... one can dream....

October 28th, 2014, 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4