View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 4:18 pm

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 NEW RULES OUT 
Bottle Cap

Why are people not freaking out and exploding on the forums... All are reading? Did I miss an NDA somehwere in the email / PDF?

I can't be the only person _super_ excited to start playing with these (as much as possible, considering FK components not currently available...)

September 6th, 2014, 4:41 am
Consul

I'm reading!!!!

There's no NDA. On the contrary, at this point they want as many as possible to read it to catch errors and ambiguities and stuff.

September 6th, 2014, 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

*EXPLOSION*

Yeah, I'm darn hyped :D Will be testing these out tomorrow with my GF. Only thing which I noticed from quick glance-through is that it might be bit too easy without new monster cards (darn they looked deadly in the first preview!). At least the game seems LOT more dynamic and I get good ''game-vibe'' from the rules. Just wish that they would post some stats for the old monsters for us backers *wink wink, nudge nudge*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ona-RhLfRfc

September 6th, 2014, 8:56 am
Consul

Quote:
Shannon, Greg and Evan...

Who picked those names! :lol:

I apologize if these are the names of the developers children or something...

September 6th, 2014, 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Oe thing that struck me is that it reads treasures can be discarded for healing, looks like loot got a little less valuable.

September 6th, 2014, 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I've been reading as well and have already posted a batch of comments. Just as a technical point though shouldn't this thread be in the general discussion forum? I know it's rules-related, but we're more commenting on the rules and their layout rather than asking what the correct rules are.

September 6th, 2014, 2:27 pm
Ninja Corps

@ Dr Dispair: just out of curiosity what Bame do you go by on KS?

September 6th, 2014, 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:
Quote:
Shannon, Greg and Evan...

Who picked those names! :lol:

I apologize if these are the names of the developers children or something...

Better than the Consul Player "Edite"

September 6th, 2014, 4:05 pm
Mini-Boss

@Götz Kirchhauser B Parker. I got myself back into my Kickstarter account and am now typing massive amounts of text at Deke and the Gang re the rules, as well as putting some questions to him re my Pile On question and re talking freely about the rulebook on this forum.

EDIT: Reply from the excellent Deke.
Quote:
Feel free to discuss the rules on the forum. I will be watching them but e-mail or the Update 58 comment thread will be the best place to make sure I see everything.

September 6th, 2014, 4:44 pm
Consul

I can't believe they removed 2-hero games!
I play that a lot!

:(

September 7th, 2014, 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
I can't believe they removed 2-hero games!
I play that a lot!

:(

I can understand why they did it. 2 Hero games were always a little heterodox because they used a miniboss instead of a full boss as their final encounter. If that was done in the new rules (and it would probably need to be done again, as I imagine a full boss would still be way too tough for 2 Heroes to take on) it would mean that the Heroes would face the same sort of foe after both spawn points are destroyed. This has much less narrative and drama as a game with a tougher final encounter.

Also, 2 Hero games made sense in the current rules because games are long and there are only 2 other game sizes. In the new rules games are supposed to be faster and there are 3 game sizes. This means that in both rulesets there are ways to play a short, medium and long game. So supporting 2 Hero games would mean in effect adding a very short game length into the mix, which isn't necessary.

Also also, I'm wondering whether the number of considerations at play in the new rules would make it very difficult to build a balanced party with only 2 Heroes. In current SDE I've always felt that the options for a 2 Hero party with no glaring weaknesses are pretty limited, and that's in a ruleset that doesn't clearly prescribe a model selection order. These new rules make explicit the fact that the Heroes choose first, so the Consul can select models to press any weaknesses in the Hero setup. 3 Heroes can diversify and build in some resistance to counter setups in ways that simply aren't possible with only 2 choices.

September 7th, 2014, 1:21 pm
Bottle Cap

Finally! The beta rules are out! :shock:

Now... Is there any way to actually test them?
There are a lot of new cards for instance, how can one test that?
And pets...
And traps...
And creeps...?

But as I've scanner the rules, the game seems to be a lot more dynamic and a dead hero does not mean end-of-game :D
Love every single change made to the rules, kudos to SPM!!

September 7th, 2014, 3:25 pm
Bottle Cap

Yeah, loving what I've read so far with the new rules. Streamlining status effects and the basic actions that everyone gets is such a good idea. Games are going to feel do much more dynamic. I love the implications this could have for PvP, too.

Great job SPM!

September 7th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Bottle Cap

Hey all! So I was a late backer! I managed to get the dark consule pledge, however.. it seems we don't get access to the new rules, any chance someone could link me it? If not I understand, i really want to see these work with my base set :(

September 8th, 2014, 2:33 am
Bottle Cap

Yea i'm basicylly facing the same problem that naota34 mentioned. I bought quitea few of the kickstarter items from the store mainly because i can't really use kickstater. How ever that means i can't see the rules forum on the kickstarter. Is there any other way to get an early look at the new rules or were they never intended to be seen anywhere outside of kickstarter until the box is published?

September 8th, 2014, 5:47 am
Consul

I don't know if you'll have access to this link. Tell me if it doesn't work, and I'll try something else.

http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Super-Dungeon-Explore-Classic-KS-Backer-Draft-Rules.pdf

@ FixingKitty
I don't think it's really possible to test the rules in a meaningful way as we need the new cards and updated cards for heroes and monsters.

September 8th, 2014, 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Link worked! Thanks Goblin-King :D

September 8th, 2014, 11:26 am
Mini-Boss

I love the new rules i dislike vigor though if you could target allies adjacent to you i would be fine with it i don't understand why you cannot attempt to relieve a status effect of an ally like bandage That is kinda like what they did with missile x and magic x in the first rule set then changed it in the erreta to be the same except different stats as for minions being able to use it most could not do it with how they are currently kolbolds could almost never do it unless the ironscale was buffing even then they would suck at it and couldn't remove more than two status effects, drakes could not without help from ironscale turtles don't care with turtle power and thick shell the blaze beetle doesn't care with burrow the rest of fire flow couldn't without ironscale, all undead couldn't the necromancer could the witches can but would be bad at it and the spider could so i don't see why you couldn't use it on allies as well as your self

September 8th, 2014, 3:51 pm
Mini-Boss

As for two hero mode i'm going to keep my old rulebook and loot counter board for a "tutorial mode" for new players for both consul and hero it is an effective learning tool for both sides and gets them familiar with the concepts without overwhelming them then once comfortable then go with the new rules for full effect

September 8th, 2014, 3:56 pm
Ninja Corps

vreeleader wrote:
I love the new rules i dislike vigor though if you could target allies adjacent to you i would be fine with it i don't understand why you cannot attempt to relieve a status effect of an ally like bandage That is kinda like what they did with missile x and magic x in the first rule set then changed it in the erreta to be the same except different stats as for minions being able to use it most could not do it with how they are currently kolbolds could almost never do it unless the ironscale was buffing even then they would suck at it and couldn't remove more than two status effects, drakes could not without help from ironscale turtles don't care with turtle power and thick shell the blaze beetle doesn't care with burrow the rest of fire flow couldn't without ironscale, all undead couldn't the necromancer could the witches can but would be bad at it and the spider could so i don't see why you couldn't use it on allies as well as your self

This makes my head hurt, please use punctuation! And why again is Vigor the same as Missile X and Magic X before the rules change???

September 8th, 2014, 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next