View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 22nd, 2018, 4:26 am

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Melee AOE questions 
Minion

I looked around the faqs and didn't see this so I'mmaking a thread about it.
The sister of light's potion turns the hero's attack into a cross 1, holy, fire smack. From what I understand this turns the hero's basic attack into a 5 tile blast. This had me thinking: If a hero drinks this potion and attacks a model in n adjacent square wouldn't the fire cross fry him too?
On that note, if the druid or the ranger use their AOE on an adjacent enemy would they be rolling to damage themselves?

May 3rd, 2014, 10:13 am
Ninja Corps

Basically no to both questions. Cross is always centered on the user, not on the target. Blast to an adjacent field would only hurt the user if the attack also had the dangerous trait.

May 3rd, 2014, 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Minion

So unless it says dangerous in the summary the ability wont hurt the user. Thanks.
Let me se if I understand this correctly. Drinking the sister's potion allows the hero's attack to hit all four sides of the hero instead of a cross shape where the hero attacks?

May 3rd, 2014, 11:20 am
Ninja Corps

kannachan wrote:
Let me se if I understand this correctly. Drinking the sister's potion allows the hero's attack to hit all four sides of the hero instead of a cross shape where the hero attacks?

Exactly

May 3rd, 2014, 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Also as a side note if I remember it correctly, if you go to attack a model diagonal to you it won't trigger the cross attack.

May 3rd, 2014, 2:42 pm
Mini-Boss

Isrious wrote:
Also as a side note if I remember it correctly, if you go to attack a model diagonal to you it won't trigger the cross attack.

You wouldn't even be able to attack diagonally as all your attacks are cross shaped. So attacking diagonally wouldn't be allowed. You can't choose not to activate the cross effect, it's automatic.

May 3rd, 2014, 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]