View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Succabus Vandella - (Questions about usage) 
Bottle Cap

Hello everyone. I am new to the game/forums, and I have only really played with my 7 yr old daughter. We just got the Succubus Vandella model and played with her today. Some things about this models card caused me to wonder if I was playing it correctly.

1 - This card has the dodge rule - so EVERY attack against her is based off her DEX correct?
2 - what's the purpose of having 3 skulls when I cannot spawn anything else with her when I spawn? Did I miss a rule somewhere?
3 - This model uses magic attacks strictly and roles are based off her WILL correct? Why does she have a good/decent attack stat? (1B &1R) is there something that she uses attack for?
4 - Regarding her special ability "alluring", is there some kind of "WILL" check or is this some kind of attack? If it is an attack does it also do damage to a hero?

I apologize in advance if these are really novice questions, however; some things cause me to second guess myself even if directions are "on the card". Some of these questions are verification I'm playing her correct.

April 18th, 2014, 8:17 pm
Mini-Boss

1. Dodge is optional. If you want to use ARMOR, you are free to do so. And if an attack specifies WILL Vs WILL or something, then dodge can not be used. Otherwise it can be applied to all attacks.

2. You can spawn 4 skulls worth of monsters per spawn point. Spawning a Miniboss does not change this rule.

3. She is not limited to using magic for every attack. She can also use ATTACK if she wanted, but she would have to be in melee range to do so.

4. Alluring is a Special Attack, not a Special Ability. I assume you mean Come Hither, which is the Special Ability. And Special Abilities do not require dice checks (unless specified) and happen automatically.

April 18th, 2014, 9:52 pm
Ninja Corps

chibi-noki wrote:
1. Dodge is optional. If you want to use ARMOR, you are free to do so. And if an attack specifies WILL Vs WILL or something, then dodge can not be used. Otherwise it can be applied to all attacks.

2. You can spawn 4 skulls worth of monsters per spawn point. Spawning a Miniboss does not change this rule.

additionally to these: You can't use dodge if you are knocked down and the 3 skull value also applies to the activation of 4 skills worth of monsters...meaning you can activate her and a 1 skull monster on the same activation, as well.

April 18th, 2014, 10:11 pm
Bottle Cap

Ok great thank covers everything. The allure was what I was talking about not the come hither. How do I do the allure? If the attack lands it's like a life leach? Does 1 heart on the hero and returns a heart to Vandella?

April 18th, 2014, 11:47 pm
Mini-Boss

Pixel Junkie wrote:
Ok great thank covers everything. The allure was what I was talking about not the come hither. How do I do the allure? If the attack lands it's like a life leach? Does 1 heart on the hero and returns a heart to Vandella?

Special Attacks (red buttons) do require dice rolls. If you succeed then the Hero would take one wound and Vandella would heal a wound.

April 19th, 2014, 1:01 am
Bottle Cap

Ok, thank you for the clarification.

April 19th, 2014, 1:11 am
Consul

In regard to her having good Attack stats...

No, basically you would never want to use her Attack.
However in regard to future rules and abilities, if something suddenly pops out that is immune to magic or something, it could become relevant to use her Attack instead.

April 19th, 2014, 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Goblin-King wrote:
In regard to her having good Attack stats...

No, basically you would never want to use her Attack.
However in regard to future rules and abilities, if something suddenly pops out that is immune to magic or something, it could become relevant to use her Attack instead.

Well, if the only target in reach is a miserable toad, that attack stat is handy...

April 19th, 2014, 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

Oh yeah! I always forget about the toads! :lol:

But that's my point exactly. There will always be some crazy little rule where an other wise useless stat becomes relevant.

April 20th, 2014, 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Great thank makes total sense! I don't have the toads yet, but will when the KS is handed out.

April 20th, 2014, 2:55 am
Ninja Corps

Pixel Junkie wrote:
Great thank makes total sense! I don't have the toads yet, but will when the KS is handed out.

Or you could get them sooner if you pick up the Von Drakk expansion box - don't necessarily have to wait for the free Pumpkin Patch we're going to get ^^

April 21st, 2014, 12:12 pm
Denizen

Watching a Miserable Toad destroy Roxor with Sticky Tongue is hilarious!

April 25th, 2014, 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]