View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 15th, 2018, 2:38 am

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Potion usage questions 
Bottle Cap

Can you continously use potions (rogues teleporting potion and mages healing potion)? We ran into an issue tonight where we kited the boss by popping the teleportation potion before he attacked so he was out of luck. Also, rogue's potion is too good.

March 8th, 2014, 7:36 am
Consul

As long as you keep rolling potions and hitting enemies this is a legal strategy. Per definition you can only do this once per round though (assuming the boss is the only one left).

But if the heroes could reliably hit the Boss and generate new potions each round, it seems you had the upper hand, teleporting or not. Who were you up against?
(and maybe... JUST maybe... the concul didn't play it as smart as he could...)

Rogue's potion IS super good though!

March 8th, 2014, 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

I know you can only do plus action potions once a turn, because they add to a stat, effectively. But where does it say you can only teleport once a turn? I never thought that was the case...which is why the rogue with the wibble bow was so potentially devastating.

March 8th, 2014, 9:48 am
Ninja Corps

That's not what GK meant. If there's only the boss left the rogue can teleport into melee, hit the boss, refill her potion and teleport away. No more targets to hit. Thus you can only do that once per turn. (At least that's how I understood him)

March 8th, 2014, 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Consul

Maybe it was formulated a bit rushed...

Assuming there's only the boss and heroes left on the board. All spawn points are dead, so no double activation for the boss.
Boss walks up to a hero and tries to hit it.
Hero teleports away.
Boss is frustrated and can't hit anything else - his turn is wasted and over.
The other heroes shoot the boss to recharge potion.
Repeat next round.
Only the need to use teleport that way once per round.

This is the technique described in the OP as I understood it. The potion can be used indefinitely, but this particular strategy is only needed once per turn.
Even if the boss is able to reach two heroes, only one of them is able to teleport as the Rogue can't recharge her potion during the boss' activation.
Thus my "Per definition you can only do this once per round though (assuming the boss is the only one left)"-comment

I guess the heroes could teleport to the boss, hit it, refill the Rogue's potion and then walk away.
That would definitely be allowed as many times as you'd want each round.

March 8th, 2014, 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

It's actually really hard to consistently roll potions and hit the target to get said potion. Because rolling the potion automatically lowers your star chances to wound the high defense bosses. You might be extremely lucky and get it every time, but on the average roll your more likely to not get a potion to keep teleporting, especially for mainly blue dice Heroes.

March 8th, 2014, 2:47 pm
Bottle Cap

gk had it right thanks! Also, it was up against Roxor and the heroes were pretty decked out, hell even pach looked looked scary

March 8th, 2014, 3:41 pm
Ninja Corps

chibi-noki wrote:
It's actually really hard to consistently roll potions and hit the target to get said potion. Because rolling the potion automatically lowers your star chances to wound the high defense bosses. You might be extremely lucky and get it every time, but on the average roll your more likely to not get a potion to keep teleporting, especially for mainly blue dice Heroes.

Luck on the rogue makes it waaaay more likely to get potions. In some cases it almost seems inevitable.

March 8th, 2014, 7:35 pm
Denizen

I'm always amused at how people love the Paladin's Elixir more than anything else when really I found the Teleport potion to be the most useful of the bunch. With the update decks from the Kickstarter, however, I am very much curious to see if any of the potions change for better or for worse.

March 23rd, 2014, 6:50 am
Mini-Boss

Xylon Lionheart wrote:
I'm always amused at how people love the Paladin's Elixir more than anything else when really I found the Teleport potion to be the most useful of the bunch. With the update decks from the Kickstarter, however, I am very much curious to see if any of the potions change for better or for worse.

I know right? I'm anxious to see if anyone gets significantly nerfed or buffed! I know for the longest time people have held the belief that you NEED a paladin in your party due to his potion for healing, or how OP the rogues potion can be.

March 23rd, 2014, 6:04 pm
Minion

First few games I ran were 2 player runs.
1) Ember Mage and Glimmerdusk: Keeping thing at range worked well and they made good use of AoE attacks.
2) Ember Mage and Princes Ruby: Solid Buff/Attack combo's here, again worked well.

I found it nice to see that even with no stonky fighter the game isnt stacked against canny players. I am sure that with more experience as a consoul and different combo's of spawnign points there will be more difficulty. All in all though that really helped to sell me on the game, the variety of play styles it will allow to work over just fighter and support waving pom-poms.

I struggle with language, the lack of inflection & tone on the 'net makes things worse. Please read generously, I may over-clarify & sound condescending/rude; this is never my intent. If you see an issue please PM as I will be happy to explain.

March 23rd, 2014, 6:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]