View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 19th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 FAQ Overload - If its been asked, it's probably in here! 
Mini-Boss

Götz Kirchhauser wrote:
However, rereading this make me want to ask if an attack with massive damage shouldn't cause two wound on backlash. It doesn't according to the letter of the rule, but shouldn't it? ;)

I am not seeing how you come it that conclusion, personally.

Also, as you said yourself, the Backlash is not an attack. Therefore no Massive Damage.

If it were an attack, a defense roll would have to be made, and then if they had Backlash there could potentially be an infinite loop of Backlashing! :shock:

July 3rd, 2014, 7:39 pm
Ninja Corps

For example: Rogue backstabs Blaze Beetle. Backstab normally causes Massive Damage. Blaze Beetle has Burning Chitin active. Burning Chitin causes Backlash. Now, Backlash will only cause one wound , regardless that the original attack would have caused two...

That's how ;)

July 3rd, 2014, 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

Backlash reacts to the attack, not it's effect. Massive Damage is an effect caused by a successful attack, the same way as e.g. fire.
You wouldn't want Backlash to bounce status effects back at the attacker either, right?

July 3rd, 2014, 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

I know, it's not like that, but actually yes, I would want it to...

July 4th, 2014, 3:57 am
Profile WWW
Consul

Cruel!!! It's obvious you are a consul player!!! :D

July 4th, 2014, 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

I bet this had been asked countless times... but I still dont understand how the Curse Coven Witch can use the poison.
Is it a special attack and I have to roll more stars than the hero? So attack VS defense?

July 30th, 2014, 11:15 am
Mini-Boss

victorymon wrote:
I bet this had been asked countless times... but I still dont understand how the Curse Coven Witch can use the poison.
Is it a special attack and I have to roll more stars than the hero? So attack VS defense?

It is a blue button potion, so no roll is required and it happens automatically. Offensive potions are exactly like special attacks / actions except they take a potion to use instead of action points.

July 30th, 2014, 2:56 pm
Bottle Cap

Hi,

My friend and i have a question about the resurection charm and nyan. (it might have been asked but can't find the answer in the FAQ).

Example: You draw the loot card (resurection charm) you equipt it.
Next your hero dies... (sadly, good for consul :lol: )
How does the charm work now ? Does the charm activate on a dead hero , or is it a living hero that can use his charm to resurect the dead hero?

Let's say the charm is like a sort of button you have to click on if a hero dies, another hero can push it, and ressurect another dead hero (since it works at the start of the next round...)
And dead heroes can't push buttons can they?
So can a dead hero with the resurecting charm resurect herself/himself? (in the arena mode resurection charms aren't used, so no resurecting yourself)

Or are we totaly on the wrong track?

Second questiong:
concerning Nyan Nyan:
how do you play with her nine lives...

We play if she is dead let's say she has 1 heart remaining, and lets say you made her vunerable to magic. and hit her with magic (so she would lose 2 wounds) that means if she take the first wound she "dies" nine lives roll comes up. and rolles a 1 heart. Do we take away that heart because she was hit with 2 wounds ? or is that second wound ignored?

I'm sorry for my lousy english. :?

August 8th, 2014, 9:50 am
Ninja Corps

hi Griswald.
For me it doesnt matter if the hero who got the charm dies or somepony else. You can use it both ways.
And about Nyan, even with massive damage its always against the last heart. even if you got one heart left and then reduce it by 2, its still the same rule. So yes, if she got one heart and would loose two she still comes back with one heart.

If I wrote something wrong again: sorry

August 8th, 2014, 10:05 am
Mini-Boss

Griswald wrote:
Hi,

My friend and i have a question about the resurection charm and nyan. (it might have been asked but can't find the answer in the FAQ).

Example: You draw the loot card (resurection charm) you equipt it.
Next your hero dies... (sadly, good for consul :lol: )
How does the charm work now ? Does the charm activate on a dead hero , or is it a living hero that can use his charm to resurect the dead hero?

Let's say the charm is like a sort of button you have to click on if a hero dies, another hero can push it, and ressurect another dead hero (since it works at the start of the next round...)
And dead heroes can't push buttons can they?
So can a dead hero with the resurecting charm resurect herself/himself? (in the arena mode resurection charms aren't used, so no resurecting yourself)

Or are we totaly on the wrong track?

Second questiong:
concerning Nyan Nyan:
how do you play with her nine lives...

We play if she is dead let's say she has 1 heart remaining, and lets say you made her vunerable to magic. and hit her with magic (so she would lose 2 wounds) that means if she take the first wound she "dies" nine lives roll comes up. and rolles a 1 heart. Do we take away that heart because she was hit with 2 wounds ? or is that second wound ignored?

I'm sorry for my lousy english. :?

The charm does not work when equipped to a dead hero. An active hero must use it to bring a dead hero back.

And models never take more wounds than they have life. Can never go negative.

August 8th, 2014, 11:58 am
Bottle Cap

Thank you all for the answer! Now we know what to do with the charm.
So nyan nyan is realy almost unkillable if you have a lucky roller.... :cry:

August 8th, 2014, 2:59 pm
Ninja Corps

Griswald wrote:

Pretty much. One can only assume that Nine Lives will probably be removed or nerfed in the Forgotten King rewrite. And if not, well at least us Consoles will be getting Chaotic Kitty!

August 8th, 2014, 4:20 pm
Ninja Corps

*sigh* I bet this was asked before but the search-button dont like my "forgotten king"; "forgotten king rules"; "Forgotten king experimental rules" or "new rules" question... on kickstarter I found several posts about the rules so my question is: is there any collection for the new rules so I can test them with my group?

August 22nd, 2014, 3:29 pm
Mini-Boss

Götz Kirchhauser wrote:

And with that Ember Mage went from tier 1 to tier lolz where she hangs out with the Druid.

<3

When all realities in which you can lose are eleminated, first then can you be proclaimed the winner.

August 24th, 2014, 10:53 am
Mini-Boss

Griswald wrote:
Thank you all for the answer! Now we know what to do with the charm.

Not really, but the odds to kill her will be 1/9 (very cheezy SPM... 9 lives hahah...) due to it being a 2/6 or 1/3 chance to kill her now. With reroll you get to multiply each number in the old odds model with itself making it a 4/36 (as there are 36 different outcomes when rolling 2 dices where of 4 (blank blank, Potion Potion, Potion Blank and Blank potion) will not result in healing her) shot to kill her which is in short 1/9. It is really really funny that it adds up to that imo.

<3

When all realities in which you can lose are eleminated, first then can you be proclaimed the winner.

August 24th, 2014, 11:04 am
Ninja Corps

Firesplitter wrote:
Götz Kirchhauser wrote:

And with that Ember Mage went from tier 1 to tier lolz where she hangs out with the Druid.

I don't understand? also, why does everyone see the Ember Mage as tier one in the first place? Are you aware, that loot farming by fire has been eliminated about a year ago?

August 24th, 2014, 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Consul

Firesplitter wrote:

HEY! HEY EMBERMAGE!!! Come sit at our table!
We got a seat for you right here!

Nah, I'm good, I'll just sit over here with the Paladin.

Sorry babe... I'm with Kaelly now. You didn't know she was a dark hero? Sorry you had to find out like this.

HEY! HEY EMBERMAGE!!!

Sigh...

August 24th, 2014, 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Götz Kirchhauser wrote:
Firesplitter wrote:
Götz Kirchhauser wrote:

I don't understand? also, why does everyone see the Ember Mage as tier one in the first place? Are you aware, that loot farming by fire has been eliminated about a year ago?

Have they updated that now? D': *sadface* Still alot of damage per attack and relable hits and good support. However, why it would make her worse: Fire getting reflected back would make her alot worse against Roxor, almost unable to attack versus him. Roxor being the hardest thing in the game ATM to kill will make her playability against him decrease which is very very important. Currently I find her being tier one partly because of her fire making her having 3 shots of an improved version of Massive Damage also a very good AoE spell and a one shot at a very reliable attack that might more often than not penetrate even Roxor's defense. Her being the best Will character also helps alot as otherwise Will gear will be wasted.

Her potion is also good for fighting Roxor as it gives +1 blue to the target further improving the odds of hitting Roxor, however, if this buff was in place that boost would have a big backlash making the model if it failed with the roll suffering Fire, something one would like to avoid making even that buff bad. The current best party imo is based on Roxor killing and contains of Ember Mage, Riftling Rogue, Sister of Light (this one is the one people seem to think is a weird choice, but it is because she has a good AoE healing that is not potion based which means she can create a way for the party to keep attacking Roxor and failing without needing to worry about dying, also her potion is very helpful pre Roxor phase to keep game in check combined with Clawtribe Barbarian.), Clawtribe Barbarian and differating between Nyan Nyan and Hexcast Sorceress depending on meta knowledge about how the opposing consul likely will be. If s/he is offensive, Nyan Nyan, if s/he is defensive or fond of using Mini bosses aggessively, Hexcast Sorceress.

But really, that change of wording changed alot. Here I have been for several months giving my heroes a handicap ): Well, I think I might keep on doing it.. They still have to beat Roxor ;)

Also GK, lol xD Think this will likely be the case yeah. If she goes over to the Hero side working pretty much as she does as a Mini Boss I can easily see her replacing Ember Mage as the Ranged DD of choice.

Omg, how could I miss this.
Fire: A model or ability with Fire places a Fire counter on any
model it damages. A model suffering Fire takes one
wound at the beginning of its activation every round
until the Fire counter is removed. Wounds caused by
Fire do not advance the Power Gauge.

It is not due to wording of power gauge movement that made Fire not adding to Power Gauge in the first place but the ruling for the status Fire itself.

<3

August 24th, 2014, 12:11 pm
Ninja Corps

Firesplitter wrote:
Omg, how could I miss this.
Fire: A model or ability with Fire places a Fire counter on any
model it damages. A model suffering Fire takes one
wound at the beginning of its activation every round
until the Fire counter is removed. Wounds caused by
Fire do not advance the Power Gauge.

It is not due to wording of power gauge movement that made Fire not adding to Power Gauge in the first place but the ruling for the status Fire itself.

I take everything back and claim the opposite... :?

August 24th, 2014, 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

After reading the kickstarter rule-previews I cant wait to find out how we summon the boss or the mini-bosses 8-)
The idea alone that we (as consuls) summon all our minions at the same time... WOW! And the potion-changes are great too!

August 25th, 2014, 6:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next