View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2018, 9:18 am

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Drawing loot as the Consul 
Bottle Cap

In a Dungeon Crawl the Boss Fight begins at the start of the next round. Refer to the Boss Fight rules on (pg 28).

In a Dungeon Siege flip the power marker so the red “Consul” side is up and move it back to the gold start position. This is call Overcharge and the power gauge
must be advanced through a second time.

After the power marker has been moved, the Consul immediately draws one loot card for every Hero still in play, chooses one of them, and shuffles the remainder into the deck. For the rest of the game all monsters (including Mini-Bosses) except the dungeon boss gain the effect of the chosen loot card.

Will the Consul draw loot cards in a Dungeon Crawl or just in the Dungeon Siege?
I assume the power marker will keep moving after the Boss has arrived, in order for the Consul to remove status effects from minions and denizens

March 31st, 2013, 7:36 pm
Mini-Boss

The Consul only gets loot in the 5 Hero game when the Power Gauge marker moves into Overcharge the first time per the 1.5 errata.
You no longer get loot in 2 or 3 Hero games.

And the Power Gauge never stops moving and never maxes out, it just keeps starting over.

March 31st, 2013, 7:40 pm
Bottle Cap

chibi-noki wrote:
The Consul only gets loot in the 5 Hero game when the Power Gauge marker moves into Overcharge the first time per the 1.5 errata.

And the Power Gauge never stops moving and never maxes out, it just keeps starting over.

I don't believe that this is entirely correct.

On page 15 of the 1.5 rule set, there is a paragraph which makes no specific judgement on the game size. The section states:

Super!
In a Dungeon Crawl the Boss Fight begins at the start of the next round. Refer to the Boss Fight rules on pg 28.

This just states that the round following Super! is when the Consul would summon the boss.

Then, it states...

In a Dungeon Siege flip the power marker so the red "Consul" side is up and move it back to the gold start position. This is call[sic] Overcharge and the power gauge must be advanced through a second time.

This just means that, to summon the boss in Dungeon Siege, you need to get to Super! a second time.

Then, it states...

After the power marker has been moved, the Consul immediately draws one loot card for every Hero still in play, chooses one of them, and shuffles the remainder into the deck. For the rest of the game all monsters (including Mini-Bosses) except the dungeon boss gain the effect of the chosen loot card.

Nowhere in that paragraph does it mention that the loot effect is only available to Dungeon Siege. In fact, all it says is that, when the power marker has been moved (beyond Super!), that the loot draw goes into effect. The power marker never stops, regardless of the game size, therefore, Dungeon Delve and Dungeon Crawl are allowed the loot draw.

To me, it makes sense to be able to draw loot after Super! regardless of game size. This basically allows the Consul to turn up the heat in Dungeon Delve or Dungeon Crawl to speed up the progress.

April 7th, 2014, 6:21 pm
Mini-Boss

nawlnsboy wrote:
chibi-noki wrote:

On page 15 of the 1.5 rule set, there is a paragraph which makes no specific judgement on the game size. The section states:

Super!
In a Dungeon Crawl the Boss Fight begins at the start of the next round. Refer to the Boss Fight rules on pg 28.

This just states that the round following Super! is when the Consul would summon the boss.

Then, it states...

In a Dungeon Siege flip the power marker so the red "Consul" side is up and move it back to the gold start position. This is call[sic] Overcharge and the power gauge must be advanced through a second time.

This just means that, to summon the boss in Dungeon Siege, you need to get to Super! a second time.

Then, it states...

Nowhere in that paragraph does it mention that the loot effect is only available to Dungeon Siege. In fact, all it says is that, when the power marker has been moved (beyond Super!), that the loot draw goes into effect. The power marker never stops, regardless of the game size, therefore, Dungeon Delve and Dungeon Crawl are allowed the loot draw.

To me, it makes sense to be able to draw loot after Super! regardless of game size. This basically allows the Consul to turn up the heat in Dungeon Delve or Dungeon Crawl to speed up the progress.

This is a year old post, but it is still correct.

The Consul only gets loot in the 5 Hero game. And only 1 time when the Power Gauge goes to Super the first time.

Page 15 of the rules:
In a Dungeon Siege flip the power marker so the red “Consul” side is
up and move it back to the gold start position. This is call Overcharge
and the power gauge must be advanced through a second time.
After the power marker has been moved, the Consul immediately
draws one loot card for every Hero still in play, chooses one of
them, and shuffles the remainder into the deck. For the rest of the
game all monsters (including Mini-Bosses) except the dungeon
boss gain the effect of the chosen loot card.

Last edited by chibi-noki on April 7th, 2014, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 7th, 2014, 7:08 pm
Bottle Cap

chibi-noki wrote:
nawlnsboy wrote:
chibi-noki wrote:

Super!

Then, it states...

Then, it states...

This is a year old post, but it is still correct.

The Consul only gets loot in the 5 Hero game. And only 1 time when the Power Gauge goes to Super the first time.

Page 15 of the rules.

After reading the errata, faq 1.6, and rule set 1.5 (page 15), I have not found any definitive texts which restricts it to Dungeon Siege.

Thanks though!

April 7th, 2014, 7:18 pm
Mini-Boss

nawlnsboy wrote:

After reading the errata, faq 1.6, and rule set 1.5 (page 15), I have not found any definitive texts which restricts it to Dungeon Siege.

Thanks though!

Page 15 says it clearly: "in a dungeon seige"

Just because the 2nd part is its own paragraph doesn't mean that the previous paragraph is no longer relevant.

It's also been verified by Deke multiple times. So it is very definitive.

April 7th, 2014, 7:24 pm
Bottle Cap

chibi-noki wrote:
nawlnsboy wrote:

Thanks though!

Page 15 says it clearly: "in a dungeon seige"

Just because the 2nd part is its own paragraph doesn't mean that the previous paragraph is no longer relevant.

It's also been verified by Deke multiple times. So it is very definitive.

Thank you. I must have misunderstood that point. I didn't realize that it only applied to Overcharge (I assume that's what the rules are stating) which is only available to Dungeon Siege. I also found more posts supporting what you said.

My mates and I have just encountered this issue last night and now we've got a definitive ruling!

I appreciate your help.

April 7th, 2014, 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]