View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 11th, 2017, 8:36 am

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 SDE Errata & FAQ Documents v1.6 (Updated 10/31/2013) 
Employee

SDE Rulebook PDF v1.5

SDE FAQ PDF v1.6

SDE Rulebook updated to version 1.5 complete with downloadable PDF!

FAQ 1.6 updated 10-31-2013

If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to let us know.

March 13th, 2012, 6:32 am
Minion

Great FAQ, answers all the burning questions I had! Only thing I'm surprised wasn't there is I was expecting a restriction on what Loot cards the Consul could make use of. Minions and Denizens all getting something like +1 heart or immobile is pretty brutal to say the least!

March 13th, 2012, 7:59 am
Denizen

I notice that a lot of the questions were pulled directly from Board Gamer Geek's FAQ question collection thread, and a couple of questions I posed were also answered. That's fantastic! I've been waiting for this for the longest time!

March 13th, 2012, 8:38 am
Minion

Oh thank goodness! Finally rex isn't beaten by simply being set on fire, then kited for 5 turns. I look forward to more turns of mace-to-face action.

March 14th, 2012, 6:17 am
Bottle Cap

Thank you for this :)
will defiantly be using in the future

March 15th, 2012, 2:18 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Awesome! This helps clear up a lot of questions! :D

Note: There are two places that talk about removing Status Effects on Bosses & Mini-Bosses that are somewhat contradictory...

In the Errata section, 2nd page, it says:
"If a Boss or Mini-Boss rolls a heart or potion, they may remove a status effect counter from their card."
(does not mention anything about needing to score a successful attack in order to remove a status effect.)

In the FAQ section, 4th page, it says:
"Per the new errata Bosses and Mini-Bosses may remove a status effect when rolling a heart on the attack roll and successfully inflicting a wound."
(does not mention whether or not rolling a potion allows you to remove a status effect.)

------------------

Combining these two statements together, I want to assume they mean the following:
Bosses and Mini-Bosses may remove a status effect when rolling a heart or potion on the attack roll and successfully inflict a wound.

But, I could be wrong, and it could be simply one or the other of the above statements.

March 29th, 2012, 2:41 am
Bottle Cap

Perhaps an odd question, but will the updated rule book be for sale as a stand alone item?

April 1st, 2012, 9:10 pm
Mini-Boss

Niranth wrote:
Perhaps an odd question, but will the updated rule book be for sale as a stand alone item?

Or at least a PDF of a Living Rule Book created?

April 1st, 2012, 10:40 pm
Minion

An continually updated PDF would be nice. Then, far in the future, when thy have levels for every section of Crystalla they can make a hard bound rule book with all updated rules and fluff.

August 23rd, 2012, 1:38 pm
Bottle Cap

I'd love to see a living rulebook. It's not like people will just download the rules to play the game anyhow, it's everything else in the box that makes it sell. ;)

September 10th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Minion

Azrothan wrote:
I'd love to see a living rulebook. It's not like people will just download the rules to play the game anyhow, it's everything else in the box that makes it sell. ;)

I really agree with Azro here, the rules themselves are simpleish, but the real reason I think we love this game, is because it fits so well with all the bits/characters/models and the overall aesthetic.

I would actually be surprised to hear about someone taking the rules for this game, creating "star dice", using proxy models, after creating their own copies of the game board... seems like too much work, at least to me :)

September 10th, 2012, 5:09 pm
Consul

Where is the PDF download for the current Rulebook? I saw that the FAQ is up, but it'd be nice to have a complete, standalone reference document.

Thanks!

September 23rd, 2012, 12:04 am
Consul

Fistandantilus wrote:
My gaming group has recently latched onto SDE for our weekly game, and after several weeks we're fairly confident that we've gotten most of the rules worked out correctly.

I think this is not an uncommon experience. I've been playing board and miniatures games for many, many years, and the experience of trying to play a complete, correct game of SDE has been one of the more frustrating challenges.

It really shouldn't be that hard. At least, present the information logically and sequentially: Heroes vs Consul goals; Setup; Activation; Movement

Please make the rules available in text or PDF form to allow people to reorganize it into a clearer format.

Thanks!

September 23rd, 2012, 12:12 am
Employee

Errata layout doc v1.5 has been posted in the original post.

December 9th, 2012, 11:58 pm
Ninja Corps

ZTLambe wrote:
Azrothan wrote:

I really agree with Azro here, the rules themselves are simpleish, but the real reason I think we love this game, is because it fits so well with all the bits/characters/models and the overall aesthetic.

I would actually be surprised to hear about someone taking the rules for this game, creating "star dice", using proxy models, after creating their own copies of the game board... seems like too much work, at least to me :)

To be fair I did do that with my Heroquest copy. However I also own an original copy as well. I upscaled the board, replaced the models with higher end versions, printed a more complete rulebook and added a variety of new components.

However, that's not likely to happen with an in print game such as this.

December 10th, 2012, 12:58 am
Denizen

For the page 15 Super errate, is it really suppose to be one loot card for every hero remaining?

December 10th, 2012, 1:30 am
Employee

Sure is. :)

December 10th, 2012, 2:13 am
Denizen

Odd that the better the Consul Player does the fewer choices he gets but OK.

December 10th, 2012, 2:28 am
Mini-Boss

Loving the final changes! The status effect updates, the timeout buff, skull token additions and especially the new consul loot drawingdrawing method. Lots of good gains on both sides to add balance. Happy we've been able to help make this better with our questions and input!

December 10th, 2012, 2:31 am
Mini-Boss

Imriel wrote:
Odd that the better the Consul Player does the fewer choices he gets but OK.

Well it sort of makes sense, a consul who's having a harder time is going to need more options!
What kinda sucks is that it looks like the Consul loses their second loot in a Dungeon Siege though

December 10th, 2012, 2:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next