View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 14th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 SDE Errata & FAQ Documents v1.6 (Updated 10/31/2013) 
Denizen

Cat wrote:
Hmm, unless I overlooked something, the 1.5 rules and 1.6 FAQ still do not actually specify anywhere that Timeout Effects only happen once per game, and that they do not occur at all if the Boss has been reduced below 0 life. (At least I think that's what randomly scattered prior answers have been....)

As far as I understand, if the boss is reduced below 0 timeout still happens, you just round up to half health and timeout as normal...no?

Cheers

J

November 1st, 2013, 3:17 pm
Mini-Boss

Cat wrote:
Hmm, unless I overlooked something, the 1.5 rules and 1.6 FAQ still do not actually specify anywhere that Timeout Effects only happen once per game, and that they do not occur at all if the Boss has been reduced below 0 life. (At least I think that's what randomly scattered prior answers have been....)

I'm not sure where it was said, but the timeout does only happen once per game.

And the zero life rule is in the timeout description of the rulebook:
"Heal the boss to half of its starting health, rounded down. This occurs even if the the boss’s health was reduced to zero."

November 1st, 2013, 3:51 pm
Denizen

chibi-noki wrote:
I'm not sure where it was said, but the timeout does only happen once per game.

Yes, that was said somewhere, but never actually in a rulebook or FAQ!

Quote:
"Heal the boss to half of its starting health, rounded down. This occurs even if the the boss’s health was reduced to zero."

But I also thought an answer had been given somewhere (but not in rulebook or FAQ), that the Boss was killed if reduced below 0. Could be wrong of course....

Either way, both of these items are rather critical points and should be in one of the official documents!

November 1st, 2013, 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

chibi-noki wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

:lol: Did people really not get the "bodybag" joke?

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in writing. So an official confirmation was needed.

You do realize the parenthetical note means this isn't how it used to work? This isn't a confirmation it's a change.

Cat wrote:
But I also thought an answer had been given somewhere (but not in rulebook or FAQ), that the Boss was killed if reduced below 0. Could be wrong of course....

Either way, both of these items are rather critical points and should be in one of the official documents!

It was this post here, but it was changed with the 1.5 rule book. Until von Drakk came along, Bosses didn't have a way to heal themselves so they probably didn't think it needed to be said, but the wording should probably change from:
Quote:
Immediately after the dungeon boss has a number of wound
counters equal to or greater than half of the hearts on their card, a
timeout is triggered.

to
Quote:
Immediately after the first time the dungeon boss has a number of wound
counters equal to or greater than half of the hearts on their card, a
timeout is triggered.

On different note, I'm disappointed with the Burrow question. The debate wasn't about whether or not it was a move but with how to measure the distance between squares.

Last edited by Imriel on November 1st, 2013, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 1st, 2013, 4:39 pm
Denizen

It would be nice to specify on both page 14 & 29.

November 1st, 2013, 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I agree, both would be good.

November 1st, 2013, 5:33 pm
Denizen

Imriel wrote:
Cat wrote:

It was this post here, but it was changed with the 1.5 rule book.

Wait, where was it changed (or more specifically, where was it even mentioned in the 1.5 rules) that the Boss isn't killed outright and there is no Timeout Effect when reduced below 0?

November 1st, 2013, 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Cat wrote:

Wait, where was it changed (or more specifically, where was it even mentioned in the 1.5 rules) that the Boss isn't killed outright and there is no Timeout Effect when reduced below 0?

Well it needn't be stated separately because a health of 0 or below 0 is included in half the original health or below, so it triggers the timeout no matter what...

Edit: Oops, just read what Deke wrote. However, I still think, my approach is more logical... :?

Edit 2: OK, now I got it, no further reasoning required - I guess it pays to read thouroughly BEFORE posting... :oops:

Last edited by Götz Kirchhauser on November 1st, 2013, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 1st, 2013, 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Cat wrote:
Imriel wrote:
Cat wrote:

chibi-noki wrote:

Chibi-noki is quoting page 29 from the 1.5 rule book, which came after, and there for supersedes, Deke's earlier unofficial clarification.

November 1st, 2013, 6:18 pm
Denizen

Götz Kirchhauser wrote:
Edit: Oops,

That's OK ^,^ this is a complicated one to sort out.

Carefully reading the new page 29, the logical interpretation would be that a timeout does occur if the Boss is reduced to less than 0. But the nuance is a subtle change, although only likely to be unclear to those of us who had stumbled upon and remembered Deke's earlier (and not visibly logical) answer. Others who had not come across that earlier ruling will probably not suffer any confusion.

November 1st, 2013, 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Cat wrote:
Götz Kirchhauser wrote:

Carefully reading the new page 29, the logical interpretation would be that a timeout does occur if the Boss is reduced to less than 0. But the nuance is a subtle change, although only likely to be unclear to those of us who had stumbled upon and remembered Deke's earlier (and not visibly logical) answer. Others who had not come across that earlier ruling will probably not suffer any confusion.

A model may never take more wounds than it has hearts. So it is an impossibility to go 'below' zero.

November 1st, 2013, 7:14 pm
Ninja Corps

chibi-noki wrote:
Cat wrote:
Götz Kirchhauser wrote:

A model may never take more wounds than it has hearts. So it is an impossibility to go 'below' zero.

Well yes, but you could at least in theory overkill a model with massive damage or coup de grace...

November 1st, 2013, 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

chibi-noki wrote:

But that was not Deke's earlier answer.

November 1st, 2013, 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Really glad to see the 1.6 version of this. This did answer some of the tougher questions for some of my game plays. Thanks a bunch on this one.

November 13th, 2013, 4:55 pm
Bottle Cap

Greetings,

I have looked through the 1.6 FAQ/Errata, and I seem to be unable to find the changes to Smoke.

Where can I find the details of these changes?

Thanks

November 22nd, 2013, 8:41 pm
Mini-Boss

darthnoir wrote:
Greetings,

I have looked through the 1.6 FAQ/Errata, and I seem to be unable to find the changes to Smoke.

Where can I find the details of these changes?

Thanks

It was in the 1.5 errata:

http://damommasboyz.com/sodapop/downloa ... ta_1_5.pdf

November 22nd, 2013, 11:39 pm
Bottle Cap

I'm wondering if there is a pdf of the new rulebook in a format suitable for printing on a normal, black-and-white, office printer and A4 paper?

Having the rules printed would help greatly, but I don't really have access to any printer that could print that pdf in a readable form.

November 28th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Minion

sheep wrote:
I'm wondering if there is a pdf of the new rulebook in a format suitable for printing on a normal, black-and-white, office printer and A4 paper?

Having the rules printed would help greatly, but I don't really have access to any printer that could print that pdf in a readable form.

See this post, or there are some retypes over on Board Game Geek.

November 28th, 2013, 8:31 pm
Bottle Cap

That's perfect, thank you very much!

November 28th, 2013, 11:43 pm
Bottle Cap

Sorry guys, having so many issues finding the rules answers around the net.
Since a slopoke has no dice to roll, does that mean the second part of turtle is useless? Since he can't roll any dice then he can't go into shell form when being attacked for free.

But if he can whats the point of the bombadier's shell shock since they won't need it, but if that's the case then why even include the bit of turtle if they can't make any rolls to begin with.

March 8th, 2014, 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next