View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 1:28 am

Forum rules


Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.



Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Long-running FAQs requiring SPM attention 
Author Message
Employee
User avatar

Joined: March 12th, 2012, 11:27 pm
Posts: 759
Loot-o-meter advances as normal from insignificant.

the free melee attack is indeed for the attacker.

_________________
#Always Super


December 10th, 2012, 12:06 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Posts: 68
While I've seen this question come up a number of times, I have not seen a definitive answer.

How does the Kobold Gouger work with Mob?
*Attacking from 2 spaces away, does it gain mob?
*Assisting from 2 spaces away, does it count in the mob?

My gut says yes to both, otherwise what's the point in having a polearm.


December 13th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: July 11th, 2012, 2:47 am
Posts: 338
Another question brought up on BGG that has been asked before: In CoR how do the shells work in terms of limits? Can only 6 turtles go into shell form for each set of spawn points?

Also, with rollers if a pushed shell stops adjacent to two or more heroes do all heroes receive an attack?


December 13th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Profile
Bottle Cap
User avatar

Joined: December 29th, 2012, 1:04 am
Posts: 7
Mekkaspark wrote:
While I've seen this question come up a number of times, I have not seen a definitive answer.

How does the Kobold Gouger work with Mob?
*Attacking from 2 spaces away, does it gain mob?
*Assisting from 2 spaces away, does it count in the mob?

My gut says yes to both, otherwise what's the point in having a polearm.



Yep, reach does say... uh.. it says.. uh...

Actually I've been playing it the same way as you say, but I can't find anywhere in the rules that says reach puts you *in* melee. All it says is that you are allowed to make a melee attack, which is not the same... So in RaW I would say you don't count as being in melee, which means gougers are even worse than we originally thought!


December 30th, 2012, 3:47 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: July 5th, 2012, 2:03 pm
Posts: 444
Mekkaspark wrote:
While I've seen this question come up a number of times, I have not seen a definitive answer.

How does the Kobold Gouger work with Mob?
*Attacking from 2 spaces away, does it gain mob?
*Assisting from 2 spaces away, does it count in the mob?

My gut says yes to both, otherwise what's the point in having a polearm.


From Deke over here
Quote:
"Reach is [...] just a special ability that gives the model the ability to be in melee with more distant squares."


wraithgr wrote:

Yep, reach does say... uh.. it says.. uh...

Actually I've been playing it the same way as you say, but I can't find anywhere in the rules that says reach puts you *in* melee. All it says is that you are allowed to make a melee attack, which is not the same... So in RaW I would say you don't count as being in melee, which means gougers are even worse than we originally thought!





You want Page 22, second printing.
Quote:
Any model in range of a melee attack is said to be "in melee."


December 31st, 2012, 3:43 am
Profile
Bottle Cap
User avatar

Joined: December 29th, 2012, 1:04 am
Posts: 7
Thanks Imriel! I thought I'd read it right the first time, at least I've been playing it right :)


January 1st, 2013, 5:02 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 11th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Posts: 294
Considering this has raised its head on BGG again.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/954044/ ... ng-tactics

Summary: Players use the Deeproot Scout to roadblock a consul player with 2 chests, consul player quits in frustration.

And my own Strategy Guide also mentions it:
"You can even perform slightly ridiculous stunts with a chest by using it to block a space and then pull it along with the party. Imagine a 2 space roadblock built out of a Hearthsworn Fighter and a Treasure Chest moving along! (Most of the time you'd rather open that chest straight away, but it is an option that might frustrate some Consul players)"


The question is - do Treasure Chests block movement?


April 9th, 2013, 9:05 pm
Profile
Employee
User avatar

Joined: March 12th, 2012, 11:27 pm
Posts: 759
Chests do not block movement. The only restriction is you can't end your move in an occupied square.

_________________
#Always Super


May 6th, 2013, 1:24 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 11th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Posts: 294
SPM_Deke wrote:
Chests do not block movement. The only restriction is you can't end your move in an occupied square.

Thanks for the clarification. The strategy still works after a fashion, you just need to position your heroes behind the chest to deny moving through the chest.


May 6th, 2013, 7:47 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.