View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 18th, 2018, 8:28 am

Forum rules

Attention!
All rulings are considered unofficial until included in print or official errata and FAQ document.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 [SDE] Boss time-out question 
Bottle Cap

Say the boss (Starfire) has 3 wounds on him and only needs 1 more to trigger time-out. What happens if a hero hits him with an attack that inflicts multiple wounds? does he retain the wounds that dropped him below half or does the timeout occur as soon as he takes the 4th wound and he still has half his health left?

-Thanks for any help.

Oh, also where does he get placed if there is a hero in every tile when the time-out occurs?

March 21st, 2012, 5:00 pm
Dungeon Boss

The way I interpret it: Massive damage wounds are simultaneous...it's not the first wound, then the second. As a result Starfire would have all regular time out effects as normal...just with one additional wound counter after it all resolves.

As for the second question - I think it was addressed in the new FAQ...and I think it says something like place Starfire at least 10 spaces from any hero. Check the FAQ to be sure though.

March 21st, 2012, 5:16 pm
Denizen

thetang22 wrote:
The way I interpret it: Massive damage wounds are simultaneous...it's not the first wound, then the second. As a result Starfire would have all regular time out effects as normal...just with one additional wound counter after it all resolves.

As for the second question - I think it was addressed in the new FAQ...and I think it says something like place Starfire at least 10 spaces from any hero. Check the FAQ to be sure though.

Yeah, it's the new 10 spaces away rule.

March 22nd, 2012, 12:20 am
Minion

I was wondering that, someone used a dragon lance to inflict six wounds on Starfire and dropped her past time out and straight to dead with the one hit.

March 25th, 2012, 5:01 am
Denizen

Raijen wrote:
I was wondering that, someone used a dragon lance to inflict six wounds on Starfire and dropped her past time out and straight to dead with the one hit.

Coup de Grace is special in that it is supposed to possibly allow you to one-shot enemies. That can totally happen, and I'm pretty sure that if it does, Starfire just dies and the heroes win.

March 25th, 2012, 5:04 am
Bottle Cap

I dunno, in almost any videogame when fighting a boss guy, you could drop a nuke on them and if they have a cut scene you need to get through, the fight after it always starts from the same point.

That is how the Time out feels like it should be to me anyway. After all that is the point of wiping all the status effects and what not. So the boss has a fighting chance and to give it a more epic feel.

I could see it going either way.

March 26th, 2012, 9:16 pm
Bottle Cap

"A terrible and costly mistake you have made. It is not my time, mortals."

March 27th, 2012, 11:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]