View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 18th, 2018, 5:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Tentacle Bento Kickstarter 
Mini-Boss

Couldn't find a good place for this to go so put it here. SPM are starting a Tentacle Bento Kickstarter this week. Given that the game looks completed I'm guessing this is to raise funds for a large enough production run to keep costs down.

May 4th, 2012, 8:00 am
Minion

sweet I know I will be getting it as soon as its out. I know a few ppl who will really get a kick out of it with a few drinks

May 4th, 2012, 9:36 am
Mini-Boss

I am so freakin pumped for this, you have no idea. I've been waiting for a Kickstarter project from a company I love so I could really help to show my support.

May 4th, 2012, 11:51 am
Dungeon Boss

I spoke with one of the LGS owners a few weeks back. He was at one of the developer conventions recently (Vegas maybe?) where they were showcasing Tentacle Bento. He gave it a try, and said that while it was alright, it wasn't anything to write home about. He said the core game mechanics are the same simple mechanics you find in plenty of other games already available, and that it really brought nothing new to the table....other than a new skin on a game we've already played.

It's a pass for me. I'm not into the anime school-girl thing.

May 4th, 2012, 6:06 pm
Denizen

thetang22 wrote:
I spoke with one of the LGS owners a few weeks back. He was at one of the developer conventions recently (Vegas maybe?) where they were showcasing Tentacle Bento. He gave it a try, and said that while it was alright, it wasn't anything to write home about. He said the core game mechanics are the same simple mechanics you find in plenty of other games already available, and that it really brought nothing new to the table....other than a new skin on a game we've already played.

It's a pass for me. I'm not into the anime school-girl thing.

This just raises the question why did you sign up to a site almost entirely dedicated to the anime school girl thing?

May 10th, 2012, 3:22 am
Dungeon Boss

cyber akuma wrote:
This just raises the question why did you sign up to a site almost entirely dedicated to the anime school girl thing?

That's easy - this site's most successful product line is NOT "anime school girl" themed. Matter of fact, only 1 of the 3 product lines are, so saying the site is "almost entirely dedicated to the anime school girl thing" is inaccurate.

I like Super Dungeon Explore. I enjoy it for its nostalgic nintendo rpg appeal (Final Fantasy, Zelda, etc...).

While certain parts of the Relic Knights line are alright for me, others are blah. While it definitely has anime influences, it isn't "anime school girl" themed.

Tentacle Bento is the only product that does fall into that category, and it does absolutely nothing for me.

Last edited by thetang22 on May 17th, 2012, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 10th, 2012, 2:25 pm
Mini-Boss

Although... you guys do have to admit that Anime in general is an integral part of SPM's message. Even SDE has a lot of anime based themes. For the sake of argument I'd have to say that both of you are correct to a degree here, although personal opinions aside, let's try to keep it positive! 8-)

May 17th, 2012, 5:46 am
Minion

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and call it 1/3 anime schoolgirl, 1/3 anime mech/action, and 1/3 nostalgia rpg gaming.
3 systems, 3 themes. That way no-one can argue!

May 17th, 2012, 2:37 pm
Bottle Cap

I understand this is pretty risque and not something you would play with your parents or tweeners. Is this accurate?

May 17th, 2012, 5:54 pm
Denizen

It's as risque as your imagination makes it yep there are tentacles yes there is a character based on a glamour model and yes some art work can look lolicon level of innocent suggestive but i'd happily play it with my parents as they wouldn't understand half tthe suggestive context without it being explained to them

@whargarble agreed three very different aspects of anime even if i do see some school girls creeping into the other systems but that is mainly the codifiers in relic knights as from what i can gather they come across asa magic school and atleast 4 of their minis sport various fashion statements close to japanese school uniforms but it's all swings and round abouts

May 17th, 2012, 11:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]