View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 18th, 2017, 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Card Issues 
Minion

Seems kinda minor but couldn't any other topic jumping out.

A few things from 2 Player Starter which hasn't been acknowledged (that I know of)

Sundown Enforcers attack is called Covering fire
Bang Bang support action is called Covering fire
Might be better and less confusing for new players to give them different names, especially as they do completely different things.

Also, Cupid is still Esper Draw 1/3 rather than 1/4 and Miss Kaylee still has Heavy on card.
I'm hoping there will be a non beginner set of cards for the starter set as their abilities seem overpowered compared to similarly costed models.

Another item is the Radiant Novtiates are a Hero squad on the card but in the store they are a Radiant minion squad. Clarification needed before everything is sent out.

Can't think of any other card issues at the moment as I normally skim read them when checking the PDFs.

August 30th, 2017, 4:33 pm
Denizen

Mirgroht wrote:
Sundown Enforcers attack is called Covering fire
Bang Bang support action is called Covering fire
Might be better and less confusing for new players to give them different names, especially as they do completely different things.

Also, Cupid is still Esper Draw 1/3 rather than 1/4 and Miss Kaylee still has Heavy on card.
I'm hoping there will be a non beginner set of cards for the starter set as their abilities seem overpowered compared to similarly costed models.

I know no changes have been made to the cards as the focus is getting the quick start rules finalized. Heavy on Kaylee has specifically been mentioned as a known mistake. I do know they do rename abilities that don't have the same base effects whenever they come up, so this should be taken care of. I cannot comment on the esper draw of cupid, as 1/3 may be intentional given the Cadre ability on Tahariel. It was confirmed that there will only be one set of stats for any given unit, including the starter units. Their base abilities have been given a power boost to compensate for their relative lack of static abilities (no faction token abilities, for example). The starter units are rather vanilla, so while they may be imposing in pure combat, their overall abilities will not be as diverse as some other options. It is also worth noting that their cost is a bit higher than many similar units, with the meta I've seen in testing suggesting 5 units, rather than 4, to be a stronger option for 35pt games. There is still time to tweak the power levels they display, though, so we'll see what happens.

Mirgroht wrote:
Another item is the Radiant Novtiates are a Hero squad on the card but in the store they are a Radiant minion squad. Clarification needed before everything is sent out.

I would go by what is printed on the card, I'm not sure how much it will matter for the purposes of the kickstarter, but the description should be correct on the store. (I believe there was some comment about them being changed from one to the other during initial testing, though I could be wrong).

August 30th, 2017, 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]