View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Non-KS unit playtesting and release schedule 
Bottle Cap

Hello and sorry if this is in the wrong forum; wasn't entirely sure where this question should go.

I understand that playtesting has now been shifted into Waves, but how are the non-KS units like cherubim, Cordelia Avatar, etc. supposed to be handled? Presumably those units won't be released until the back-half of 2018 at best (so Wave 4 and/or 5?); thing is, now that players know these units exist, they're already playtesting and cadre-building in anticipation of them on their own. For example, I'm delaying finalizing my Shattered cadre because I'm waiting for QK Isabeau and my friend is putting his Void team on hold 'cause he wants to use the Avatar Amelial on a 35pt team and wants to fill the minion slots with two sets of cherubim.

I'm not expecting the units announced after the KS to be rushed or anything, but was moreso wondering when the rules for them would be finalized relative to the previously scheduled Waves 1-3. Specifically, if the Wave 4 & 5 units have finalized rules around or shortly after the release of Wave 3, players can use them with proxies even if the physical units don't exist yet; however, if they don't have official rules until Wave 4 actually ships, playtesters and players in general would probably be better ignoring them entirely until after Wave 3 ships, even for private games. Why build around a unit and get used to rules that may be drastically rebalanced, especially if it might not see the light of day for another year or so, ya know?

Sorry again if this question is misplaced but thank you ahead of time for any response.

August 24th, 2017, 12:38 pm
Denizen

The units in question need to be balanced and finalized along with the rest of the wave 2/3 items. They will be in the Void Break (1st expansion) rulebook, which is ships in wave 3. So even though the physical units will not be available until after all the items from the KS have shipped, their stats will be printed in the book.

As you note, it is possible that units will be rebalanced, we've had good discussion about the Cherubim's comparative power level, and I wouldn't be surprised if their cost/stats are adjusted before finalization, so I would keep that in mind when planning out your cadres - everything will likely see small tweaks to cost as baseline units are chosen and the rest of the line balanced around them.

August 24th, 2017, 11:57 pm
Employee

Major Glitch wrote:
The units in question need to be balanced and finalized along with the rest of the wave 2/3 items. They will be in the Void Break (1st expansion) rulebook, which is ships in wave 3. So even though the physical units will not be available until after all the items from the KS have shipped, their stats will be printed in the book.

As you note, it is possible that units will be rebalanced, we've had good discussion about the Cherubim's comparative power level, and I wouldn't be surprised if their cost/stats are adjusted before finalization, so I would keep that in mind when planning out your cadres - everything will likely see small tweaks to cost as baseline units are chosen and the rest of the line balanced around them.

That about sums it up.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

August 25th, 2017, 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]