View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 18th, 2017, 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Cerci vs Doctrine Starters with 2.0 rules ( Battle Report) 
Bottle Cap

My daughter and I started playting and trying to learn the game. I have published a series of reports from the game and broken the reports up by round. We havent finished the game yet but each day I am posting a new report.

My observations so far.

The BETA rule book is not very well layed out and is hard to find info at times. I know this will change when released however.

Some questions that have come up that werent addressed in the rules but answered on teh facebook page are

1: Can you willingly stop drawing esper on an " Flip 3" if you turn over a success on the first card.
2: Are disengaging actions ( flip 3) FREE actions ie. Can I do one at the begging of my activation.....move.....attack....then disenage again?

3: Having a Skill quick reference sheet would be handy as it saves me from flipping through the book all the time.

4: Nothing in the rules addresses what happens when you start losing units as it pertains to your activation tokens? Do you lose them? what if you only have minions left on the table? do you just use your minion tokens because you dont have any hero/villains left?

Here is the link to my battle Report. The additional ones are publishing daily and can be clicked on from the first report.
http://www.enterthegamenexus.com/single-post/2017/07/23/RELIC-KNIGHTS-BATTLE-REPORT-cerci-speed-circuit-VS-DOCTRINE
I am loving this game and cant wait to start introducing it to my friends and community!!!

July 27th, 2017, 3:59 am
Denizen

EVO Knight wrote:
1: Can you willingly stop drawing esper on an " Flip 3" if you turn over a success on the first card.

No, whenever you trigger a flip, you must flip the total number of cards indicated (p7)

EVO Knight wrote:
2: Are disengaging actions ( flip 3) FREE actions ie. Can I do one at the begging of my activation.....move.....attack....then disenage again?

"A unit may not use its follow-up move to disengage" (p8). The disengage attempt replaces the unit's normal initial movement. If a disengage is not attempted, the unit may use its movement to re-position within the engagement zone.

Follow-up question for Justin/SPM: Does "If the disengaging unit doesn't flip or play a card of the appropriate type then it cannot move and must maintain its position." apply only to the initial move, or to both movement phases for the activation?
Should Feint be worded to be an automatic disengage instead of "does not flip to disengage"? ("does not flip" could still imply a cost must be paid from hand, and it is not clear if the unit must forfeit the follow-up movement).

EVO Knight wrote:
3: Having a Skill quick reference sheet would be handy as it saves me from flipping through the book all the time.
I don't personally care if there is an ability reference sheet or not, but I would like it if the "basic/advanced" distinction was dropped and all abilities were in one continuously alphabetical section. (The core rules will be available as a pdf, so I can have them on my phone, but having the sections broken up out of alpha order means it takes more time to find and confirm specific wording. I understand the idea is to keep it simpler for the starter box, but I think the consideration should be for general gameplay since that will be the much more common use.)

EVO Knight wrote:
4: Nothing in the rules addresses what happens when you start losing units as it pertains to your activation tokens? Do you lose them? what if you only have minions left on the table? do you just use your minion tokens because you dont have any hero/villains left?
You will always have a number of tokens determined by your game size. If a unit with a token is destroyed, the token is immediately returned to your dashboard (p6). In a 1v1, If all of your heroes are destroyed, you lose the game (p36). If you don't have a specific type of unit (all minions destroyed, for example), then you would not use that type of token, as there would be nothing to place it on. But there is nothing preventing you from doubling (or tripling/quadrupling) activation tokens on a single unit. You can even choose to deliberately do that, if triggering a 2+ activation ability is desirable (see the SNC Hero Squall as an example of a strong ability).

Follow-up question for Justin/SPM:
Reading through the multiplayer rules, there is no indication that having no heroes means you have lost. With the current wording in the Victory section of the main rules, I would argue that in a FFA game, if a player only has minions left they could continue to play. Consider changing the wording from "If all enemy hero units are destroyed, you win the game" to "If all of a player's hero units are destroyed, that player loses the game.", if that is indeed the intent. (Perhaps each game configuration needs it's own wording, since team battles could get lopsided quickly if one player on a team is removed from the game due to hero loss.)

July 27th, 2017, 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]