View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2017, 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 LoS and Squads 
Denizen

Quote:
Models in a squad do not block the LoS of other models in the squad.
This rule absolutely needs to be reworded to "Models in a squad do not block the LoS to or from other models in the squad." Even if that is already the intent of the rule, it is not as clear it could be. My initial read was that the rule only worked in favor of the squad, while it was attacking. I hope this was not the intent.

Why is this an issue? Consider the Sarva Scouts. If you take a squad of four models, they can end their movements in such a formation that at least two models in the unit have cover, from the unit itself. Since at least half the squad has cover, the squad has cover. For a unit like the Scouts, they can perpetually give themselves cover:

Assuming the squad is in a Diamond pattern with the models leaving enough room between them to allow for LoS to be drawn to all models from any direction, but tight enough that the window will only ever be clear to two models at most, the squad would be able to stand in he open without fear of ranged or psychic attacks.

[I'll try to upload an image to issustrate the issue at a later point, when I am not on my phone.]

June 21st, 2017, 1:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]