View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 5:45 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Way of the Fighter: Relaunching November 28th 
Denizen

As we close in on our final week, we have decided to postpone the campaign and relaunch this coming Monday, November 28th at 3pm EST.

We’ve decided this for a couple of reasons, first our launch day coincided with the aftermath of a very tense election. Our social media analytics clearly show that a lot of people had the election on their mind far more than fun and games. We’re also pushing into the Thanksgiving holiday and Black Friday, which will further distract people. We were certainly aware that we’d be going through a holiday and extended the campaign beyond it for just that purpose, but we did not anticipate the social media impact the election would have. We’re excited that by relaunching the campaign after the Thanksgiving holiday we’ll be able to give Way of the Fighter a bit more breathing room and a couple of extra weeks to continue to get the word out.

Way of the Fighter is an expandable card and dice game, which is new territory for the Ninja Division and Soda Pop design team. We are very proud of this game, love how it plays, and want to strongly focus on it as the card and dice game it is. We originally added miniatures, because, well, that’s what we do and we thought it would be fun. We, perhaps, underestimated how much you—our awesome fans—really love our miniatures. It is pretty clear to us that we needed a pledge level that better services our devoted miniature fan base. So that’s exactly what we’re going to do.

The newly launched campaign will feature two core pledges: Card Fighter and Miniature Fighter. The Card Fighter pledge will have a slightly reduced cost and start straight away with Blazing Soul Candy and ND-2000. It will also receive all of the free card-based stretch goals. The Miniature Fighter pledge will also feature a reduced cost, Blazing Soul Candy, ND-2000, and all ten core fighters’ miniatures. It will receive all the free card-based stretch goals and all of the free miniature-based stretch goals. This pledge is for you miniature lovers and as we unlock stretch goals will grow to include miniatures for all of the fighters (and a few special surprises)!

Way of the Fighter is already in a very advanced state, so we’re not going to waste any time in getting the relaunched campaign up and running. Our plan is for it to run from November 28th through December 12th.

Thank you, to everyone who has backed so far. Get your fill of turkey and stuffing this weekend, and we’ll see you back here next Monday for more Way of the Fighter!

FIGHT!

November 23rd, 2016, 11:24 pm
Minion

Good call! I was undecided about backing it. I primarily want the game for the miniature figures. Now that you are offering a miniatures only deal I will certainly back it.

November 24th, 2016, 10:00 am
Denizen

I might be wrong but I don't see anything about a miniatures only pledge. Miniature Fighter pledge is getting both cards and miniature stretch goals so presumably, it has the base game.

November 24th, 2016, 12:24 pm
Ninja Corps

Yes, I think this is the right move - I put in $1 and was still on the fence, and leaning no - but the new, cheaper pledge options for the card-based game has me intrigued, and might push me (and, I have a feeling, others) to back.

November 24th, 2016, 2:59 pm
Mini-Boss

Don't get me wrong, but these considerations that "justify" the low adhesion to the campaign disregarding the gameplay of the product itself makes me want to laugh a lot.

Ok, as always, miniatures are awesome, but not cute chibi...

Maybe, if these miniatures have crossover cards for Relic Knights, may catch more backers and promote the KS for new stuff of Relic Knights...

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

November 24th, 2016, 7:10 pm
Ninja Corps

I don't know if it would necessarily help, but it feels like an ill-omen to not post something on the main SPM site when there is a live Kickstarter. I know the Halloween Sale was going on and there is the Black Friday one going on now, but advertising in the 'News' section might be good.

November 28th, 2016, 7:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]