View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 14th, 2018, 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 SDE Arena playmat 
Bottle Cap

I saw someone do a recreation of Privy's end in (the official SDE PVP location) and was thinking about getting it done as a custom wargame playmat (36"x36") since you cant find or buy it anymore. my question is since the map file i have is 6600x6600 and the mat im getting is 36"x36", is that too big for map? because the dimensions of the tiles is only 12.5"x12.5", so a full map is only gonna be 25"x25", which means theres gonna be quite a bit of empty space or the thing itself is gonna be blown up too big. Can anyone give me any help or advice?

September 16th, 2016, 12:37 am
Consul

If I understand you correctly, the problem is that the mat only comes in that particular (too big) size?
If that's the case you could either cut off the excess map.
Or you could add a cool border to the map file, increasing it's size to make it fit.

September 17th, 2016, 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:
If I understand you correctly, the problem is that the mat only comes in that particular (too big) size?
Or you could add a cool border to the map file, increasing it's size to make it fit.

Even if it is too big though, it is a grid based map, so the minis will just be swimming in space within their squares, but it will still play exactly the same.

However cutting the mat down is likely the best solution, as it will mean that you won't always need a 3' wide table to play on. If a 3' table will always be available to play on you could add some tracker slots for your cards (something similar to this https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1218 ... king-sheet) if there is enough space.

September 19th, 2016, 12:57 am
Consul

Nithrock wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

Even if it is too big though, it is a grid based map, so the minis will just be swimming in space within their squares, but it will still play exactly the same.

But it'll be problematic as the map will be in too low a resolution and become blurry/pixelated.

September 19th, 2016, 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:
Nithrock wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

But it'll be problematic as the map will be in too low a resolution and become blurry/pixelated.

Yeah absolutely. That is the main problem, but depending on the image it might not. You wouldnt really know until it is printed though and that would be a bit late.

September 19th, 2016, 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]