View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2017, 8:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Super Kingdom Death Explore! updated 8-29 (Kingsman) 
Mini-Boss

There's no doubt that the Phoenix is the great centerpiece of the core Kingdom Death board game. It is a massive, twisted and brilliantly detailed mini.

For my own set, I've decided to follow Super Dungeon Explore logic- as the creatures get larger, they also become less chibi. This follows the way that old videogames would work (good examples are Final Fantasy or Pokemon- proportions become less chibi as the characters get larger).

Also, the mini already has a massive head in comparison to its body. Ultimately, I decided to simply change the face instead of rearranging the whole thing.

But my pics were too big for the forum... so here's a link instead

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/Kingdom-Death/Chibified-Phoenix.jpg

Inside you can see how the human face inside the mouth has been replaced with a chibi face. More subtly, the other eyes on the phoenix have been re-scupted to be a little larger.

August 29th, 2017, 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

crazy awesome paint job on that pheonix (have yet to assemble either one of mine) and the face looks like it was always meant to be there. I think it even manages to make it a little more creepy, like they guy is wearing the bird as a suit and has gigantic hands.

any shots of it next to the twilight knight?

August 29th, 2017, 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2