View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2017, 6:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Painting with (a) Roar 
Minion

I'm ever so slowly reducing the pile of unpainted SDE-minis. Not that I have any hopes of ever getting to the bottom of the pile, new shiny released gets on top of the pile faster than I paint. Not that I am a slow painter, but kids and a demanding job keep getting in the way!

I'm trying to paint the models to a decent standard at premium speed, cutting corners as much as possible. The large surfaces makes an excellent training field for my air brushing skills as well.

Anyways, here goes some of the old stuff

This picture is a year old. Since then I've redone the bases. Might need a new and fancier photo.

Kobold spawn. Newer and better camera setup.

I'm just finishing up the Lava-spawns, pictures coming up in a day to two.

-R

October 14th, 2015, 3:14 pm
Minion

I hear you about real life. I have the same ever growing pile, Everything looks very nice, especially star fire's wings. Do you use an airbrush or just have great blending skills?

October 14th, 2015, 9:59 pm
Minion

Thanks.

I sometimes use an airbrush, sometimes the regular brush. The airbrush can do very few things that can't be done by brush, but it's a fantastic time saver! So it goes without saying that I use the airbrush as much as possible these days! Mostly to lay down some quick base colours and initial highlights, but sometimes some more advanced gradients as well. The purple to yellow on SFs wings would take forever with a brush, so it's airbrushed. But the airbrush has a tendency to desaturate colours, so I don't find it that good for shadows.

It also depends a lot on the miniatures. SDE minis are ideally suited for airbrush with the very few intricate details. The cartoony look lends itself well to the desaturated finish. On other miniatures I use the brush for blends far more.

R

October 17th, 2015, 6:38 pm
Minion

A few days indeed. Okay, yesterday there was no new beta rules to play around with, so a decided to finally take som pictures of painted stuff. When I looked them through today they werent the best, the lighting is totally off, might need new glasses... but now Ill put them up anyway, I suspect it will be another couple of month before I pull myself together again.

Heroes first. I paint the classic 1.0 heroes in an 2player theme, as the new ones will get some sort of 1player theme.

Royal Paladin

Deeproot Druid and friend

Ember mage

Hearthsworn Fighter

Clawtribe Barbarian

Van Wilder by my gaming and painting buddy Bo, who asked to paint the model the first time he saw it.

Then som super monsters

Starfire

Roxxor, really looking forward to seeing his new sculpt, not a fan of this one.

His Hugeness Ser Snapjaw

Rockgut

Herald of Vulcanis

Rex

... and their minions

Kobold Warrens

Dragons

And lava dudes

Misc:

Pets by my gaming group, from left to right Bo's dog, Kristoffer's pig and Peter's cat.

Chests and surprises

April 9th, 2016, 1:52 pm
Minion

Very nice. I especially like the look of the Hearthsworn Fighter, with the nicks in the helmet and weathered base.

April 9th, 2016, 5:51 pm
Ninja Corps

My lord, the texture and detail you put on those figures have me blown away. I particularly like your Starfire and his minions, the soot effect around their mouths looks amazing.

April 15th, 2016, 7:30 am
Minion

These look great! Your blending for fire is really top notch!!!!!

February 14th, 2017, 2:43 am
Bottle Cap

Amazing work, one day I will get that good at blending.

February 17th, 2017, 7:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]