View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Tranc's Super Dungeon Denizens 
Denizen

Thanks Mithrock. Most of the mushroom is actually beige (old GW Bleached Bone + a small amount of Scorched Brown, highlighted with more Bleached Bone and white in some areas).

I also thin my paints with Reaper flow improver (though you can use water), and apply multiple thin coats. That might help.

November 5th, 2016, 5:21 pm
Denizen

Tranc wrote:
Thanks Mithrock. Most of the mushroom is actually beige (old GW Bleached Bone + a small amount of Scorched Brown, highlighted with more Bleached Bone and white in some areas).

I also thin my paints with Reaper flow improver (though you can use water), and apply multiple thin coats. That might help.

I do sometimes thin my paints, but don't really have any precision to it so likely over thin them which makes the layers patchy almost. I just need to apply a better method i imagine. I should sus out exact ratios though, thanks.

November 5th, 2016, 10:56 pm
Denizen

Here are a few of my more recent minis (well, some are old, I was just too lazy to post them until now):

Everyone's favorite purple bear. Why's he purple? Nobody knows...

I was experimenting with Citadel Nihilakh Oxide paint to do the bronze verdigris.

Kobold Warrens with Amethysts because that's how the card art shows it, and one with Citrines because the shrine has a yellow affinity. (Makes it easier to remember which type of monsters are affected!)

This Ironscale's skin coloration is a biological example of countershading...

Edit: Grrrr... Photobucket is just the worst image host! Had to move all my photos!

May 20th, 2017, 6:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2