View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 17th, 2018, 5:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 bookblogger's painting log (super newbish) 
Bottle Cap

I started out a bit backwards, backing the FK KS before owning anything else. The first piece I picked up was the Roxor expansion and I just won an auction for the SDE base set.

I'm almost done with the Roxor stuff and have done a little bit with the base set, mainly assembly and priming.

I figured these were the easiest models to paint so they were the first things I tried.

I tried my hand at the turtles next. I tried to stick with the Mario color scheme. Red and green for the minion turtle shells.

I believe I remember a blue koopa troopa enemy, though it's been a long time since I played any of the original games.

I really have started to enjoy painting the fire minions. The bigger guys intimidate me though so they haven't been touched. I'm also a bit scared to try the heroes so I've only gotten one of them done.

August 4th, 2014, 1:46 pm
Minion

Looks good so far! Waiting for more :)

August 5th, 2014, 12:34 pm
Bottle Cap

Aurik wrote:
Looks good so far! Waiting for more :)

Thanks. I don't get much time to paint so I'm not sure how often I'll be posting new stuff, but I wanted to log progress somewhere and this seems like the proper place.

August 5th, 2014, 5:36 pm
Bottle Cap

Latest addition to my painted collection. I got the base finished and got the model sealed last night.

August 8th, 2014, 10:51 am
Ninja Corps

Nice clean paint jobs so far. After seeing Ruby I'll have a hint on the eyes: In my opinion you get a better result by making the irises a tad bigger and have them touch the border of the eye on one or two sides.

August 8th, 2014, 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Yeah, I really wasn't happy with the way her eyes turned out. I just got a better detail brush so hopefully I'll have a bit better control and will be able to get the border included. I also think the blue that I used ended up too dark and makes it difficult to see the pupil at all.

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some advice! :D

August 8th, 2014, 11:27 am
Bottle Cap

Got distracted painting some other games, but I've been putting a little bit more effort into SDE lately. After finishing the Rock Troll I will be totally finished with the Roxor set. Just need to start and finish the base box, all the FK stuff I got, and the clearance singles I picked up from MM (Nyan-nyan, Captain R, and Kaelly).

These guys still need their glossy finishes but other than that they are done.

April 25th, 2015, 12:34 pm
Bottle Cap

Haven't painted any SDE in a while, but I did get this one done for my daughter.

June 29th, 2016, 3:47 pm
Denizen

thats a crisp shroom! nice work, but you only get an A, would have been an A+ if he was in front of SDE tile and not AQ! bahahahahaha only jokes

June 30th, 2016, 2:46 am
Bottle Cap

My SDE tiles are buried in the box. My AQ stuff is in a huge plastic container that is a lot easier to get to. I also have been painting my AQ set so I already had them out lol.

Here is an SDE figure I custom painted for my mother after her cancer surgery.

Here are some examples of my AQ stuff

June 30th, 2016, 4:50 pm
Denizen

Pink ninja is cool!! reminds me of the Pink Knight from Castle Crashers!

July 1st, 2016, 2:37 am
Minion

Agreed. The pink ninja looks great!

July 8th, 2016, 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]