View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2018, 5:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 What are you looking forward to painting? 
Mini-Boss

Let me just say up front that this thread is not a place for venting and railing against the delays of the Kickstarter. there are plenty of other forums you can do that on! I want to inject some positivity and optimism for a moment. Let's talk about what we want to paint!

I was just looking over the SDE: Legends Kickstarter again, as I honestly couldn't remember all of the stuff that is being made for it. To be honest there is quite a lot that is in there, and obviously there are some things that I am more excited about painting than others. I, for one, am getting the Dark Consul pledge as well as the two sets of additional bosses. After looking over them, these are the things that I am most looking forward to painting:

Spawn point: Watch Towers (I think it will be interesting to have the miniboss "heroes" attack a "good" Consul)

Hero: Crook-Eye Tracker/Duskweaver (I think they are just very different and very cool looking)

Mini-boss: Rage fiend (He just looks fun to paint)

Dungeon Boss: Mother Noctua and her yowlings

And the winner is........

Mother Noctua!

I have been playing D&D since the 1st edition came out, and like so many other people owlbears have been one of my favourite creatures. So to have the opportunity to paint a giant owlbear and owlbear babies is too awesome! I also think that she is going to be very versatile in the spawn points which will lend themselves well to her as a cohesive theme choice.

So what about everyone else? Let me know which models you are going to be excited to paint! :D

February 16th, 2018, 3:07 am
Bottle Cap

Great topic,

I have to admit I've totally lost track of what's what on the kickstarter. I'm all in for everything and at this point my gaming partner (my son) has basically lost all interest so it's basically going to be all painting for me if this stuff every gets delivered. I think out of everything I'm most excited about painting Mordred the Accursed. It's such a dynamic and exciting looking miniature. Hero wise I think Moonspire Guardian and Lightning mage are the two I am most looking forward to spending time with. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that all the things I want to paint are going to be in "wave 2" which is probably years out at this point. I'm not overly excited by the prospect of the resculpted original game miniatures. They're cute and I will enjoy doing one of the alternative schemes for them, but at the end of the day they won't add anything to a game for me and I've already painted a bunch of kobolds and dragons before. The Heroes will be fun though, love the more dynamic sculpts.

February 16th, 2018, 9:42 am
Minion

The Nethercorn, from the first time that I have seen it I have wanted to paint it.

February 16th, 2018, 9:35 pm
Minion

ALL the pets. Quick, fun, adorable.

Best Hero: Moonspire Guardian

Best Spawnpoint: Shadow Tower

Best Boss: all dragons but Nightsong is king best.

February 17th, 2018, 1:10 am
Mini-Boss

I am excited for the new heroes and their alternate genders. I want to do some Final Fantasy Tactics on them. Basically make them look unique, but still the same class.

February 17th, 2018, 2:19 am
Denizen

I'm itching to paint Nightsong. There are so many great little details and pointy bits and great places to layer colors. The Destroyer is pretty cool, too, but I'm actually a little more excited to paint the imps.

February 17th, 2018, 9:45 am
Denizen

The white proof box ;-P

February 17th, 2018, 9:45 pm
Bottle Cap

I'm looking forward to painting the crown guard miniatures and the female druid, i think they'll be loads of fun to do.

And Ymnaur Wintersson, he's gonna be a real challenge with the ice :D

February 19th, 2018, 7:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]