View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 25th, 2018, 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Manic's Stuff for Fun - Models and bits * Updated:25/5/18 
Mini-Boss

Current:
Move: 6 [thinking of change to 4]
Action: 1
STR: 3W (Range 1) [Thinking of change to 1B]
ARM: 1W 2B (Defence)
WILL: 1W
DEX: 1W
Heart: 2
Summon: 3
Abilities: Small
Offensive Action: 1AP: Melee Wave 2 +1R STR Dangerous Knockdown. After resolving Explode, remove this model from the board

I meant Dice not disc ^_^ for 1B.. mis-type.

================

May 25th, 2018, 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

oh, i see.

1B STR is too low as it's an average .67 and max 2 star. Even if you make the AOE 1B1R, that's still below the average of 3B.

To me, it feels like you want a combat pet that can be sacrificed to do big AOE, but that's a bit at odds with each other.

This means you will want high enough offense they can actually hit with basic attack.

AOE attack would also need to be strong enough to be worth 3 loot sacrifice in addition to the pet's 2 hearts 'absorbing' damage.

=======================
I think you need to pick whether you want to focus on an exploding penguin, in which case you will want lower stats and cost like the demo expert, or a combat pet that can do a big sacrifice, in which case you want higher baseline stats to fight and the sacrifice might want to be more...status effect oriented?

For example, you COULD do a support action explode so it doesn't deal a wound, but instead auto hits with knockdown and Ice? it's a lot less powerful but that'd be a way to differentiate it from demo expert.

May 25th, 2018, 10:46 pm
Denizen

I was thinking something like this:

Slow moving, ranged, Iceball chucking, exploding penguin with some movement to keep up.

Move: 5
Action: 1
STR: 3B Range 3
ARM: 3W (Defence)
WILL: 1W
DEX: 1W
Heart: 2
Summon: 2
Abilities: Small, Ice, Ice Bomb when defeated
Offensive Action: Ice Bomb: Melee Wave 2 +2R STR Dangerous (deals Ice). After resolving Ice Bomb, remove this model from the board
Support Action: Penguin Slide (on belly) 1AP Move +5

So you can hit and inflict Ice with ranged melee attack.
Move in on a turn with penguin slide/keep up with the party
And if appropriate, do a 3B2R STR dangerous ice bomb.

There is no master ability so the pet does not need to stay by the master so penguin slide can move it away quickly. I think if you want an explode, it needs to explode if defeated, especially if you want dangerous.

May 25th, 2018, 10:53 pm
Mini-Boss

well, the original idea, keeping with what it was inspired by, would basically have no melee attack at all, but it explodes doing pretty harmful damage. but I can't really think of how an attack of 0 would work.. I think the closest there has been to something like that was the Ghosts, but they do have an attack value (just strength of 0).

================

May 25th, 2018, 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Yay I'm going to get this printed somehow and paint it up. I can't wait :) Keep up the good work, Manic!

June 1st, 2018, 1:47 am
Mini-Boss

Still need of some tweaking I think but here is an alternative card (at the moment) for the Clockwork penguin.. this one basically removes his attack Apart from exploding, and slightly (well, a fair bit) increases the possible damage from that. Also adds it so it'll explode when defeated. I'm not quite sure if i'll tweak it so the back has the 'different' explode attack or not.. i'll have to see

================

June 4th, 2018, 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

ahhh! super cute!

If you want explode to deal wounds, it needs to be an offensive action and indicate the offensive dice to use to roll

Also, if you intend to keep 3 pet food cost, I'd make the explosion really strong and probably separate abilities for the exploded on purpose vs. exploded by being defeated and also greatly increase the defense b/c 2B1W avg roll is under 3 star, which isn't too tough to get as the consul.

Like 1 AP: red action explode melee +2G, Wave 3, Push 3. after resolving explode, clockwork penguin is destroyed

and then ability: volatile (when the consul defeats it) would make it Dangerous and maybe lack the Push?

June 4th, 2018, 2:33 pm
Mini-Boss

!SODA!.. I forgot to swap the blue to red again...

I was debating putting it up a bit more.. and yep, I think some of your ideas are fine ^_^ two green through? really powerful... possible but really up there..

================

June 4th, 2018, 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

you're spending 3 loot on a perishable pet that cannot do basic attack or provide utility aside from potentially zoning the monsters. and as a dangerous Wave 3 it can swing both ways for the consul and heroes. If the consul tries to blow it up, whatever attacks it in melee should have to pay. OR, they can try to control/push it at the heroes and blow it up. I mean, theoretically they can set it on Fire and it'll eventually blow up on its own unless the heroes heal it.

G dice can still roll 0 and it will typically only get +1W star from MMC bonus. 2G has a max 8 stars, but average 4 stars. Enough to wound, but not to critical success. I went with 2G vs. something like 3R b/c green dice are more fun to roll and it's higher chance of 0 stars (I think).

June 4th, 2018, 6:31 pm
Mini-Boss

I think this should do it.

This'll blow the Soda out of any thing too close but at the same time, you need to be pretty close to be able to attack it. While still having a bit of problem if it's too close to your heroes when it goes off.

Creep version will probably have little change but I'll work on it ^_^ been having to do some tweaks on my printer as the new thermocouple I got wasn't quite the same and while I thought I could get around it, it seams like I probably couldn't.. need to get a new one but I kinda had a spare so it's probably fine for now.

================

June 8th, 2018, 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2