View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2017, 9:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 My SDE Painting Journal! 
Bottle Cap

Hello everyone! I'm CremeFraiche, aka Mike. I'm not French, just an avid South Park lover :). Anyways, my buddy has every SDE miniature available, and I'm his painter! I'll try to post progress and completion pictures, as well as random paintings I may do here and there. Since my friend has the models, I'll just post here the Fungal Growth progress and completed pic of the one I just complete. I'm a big fan of the createx airbrush paints as well as their specialities, such as candy, fluorescent, iridescent, pearl, and so forth, as well as using Vallejo model paints. Feel free to ask any questions.

March 13th, 2017, 5:31 pm
Bottle Cap

Anyways, Lets begin:

*ALSO* if ya'll know how I can post bigger pics, that'd be great!

Here you can see I primed the two Fungal Growths white. Nothing fancy here. However, if you look at the caps of the mushrooms we have some insane iridescence going on. Using Createx Iridescent Paint, mixed with some pearls, and using a pearl as a base, I was able to create a "Beetle Carapace/Oil Slick" coloration... which is what I was aiming for, for these particular minis.
I like to see my work in both inside lighting, as well as outdoor lighting... especially since I LOVE USING PAINT EFFECTS!!!

Using pearl lime green, fluorescent lime green, iridescent lime green, and a neon green ink, I was able to get the coloration for under the mushroom caps.

The body of the mushrooms are a copper pearl/gold pearl and Vallejo brown mixture, with a final copper pearl dry brush accent.

Doing the spots on the cap are a base of lime green pearl, with iridescent green, and final layer of iridescent yellow. You can compare the two caps, and see some of the coloration I was aiming for.

Tree is painted here, using Vallejo brown and a dry brush of copper pearl for a shimmer. The top of the tree, eyes, and mouth are in pearl gold Figure these might be some magical trees here, so wanted a shimmer for anything that might be inside the bark. Eyes are done on the mushrooms as well.

Other angles:

Natural Sunlight

Crystals! In the future posts, you will see other crystals I have done. I get a lot of compliments on how they come out. Enjoy the basing of the crystals and ground sections of the model. Also more details on the mushrooms:

Natural Light, after matte varnish and highlighting was done

Indoor final shots, after matte varnish, think the camera had flash on?

Hope everyone enjoys!!!! Let me know what you think! Comments, suggestions, all are welcome!

March 14th, 2017, 12:00 am
Denizen

CremeFraiche wrote:
Test? Updates?
Welcome to the Soda Pop Forums. Thank you for showing us your work.

FYI - New members have their posts held for approval.

I have deleted your duplicate post.

March 14th, 2017, 4:17 pm
Bottle Cap

Thank you! :D I wasn't sure what was going on! Haha!

March 14th, 2017, 4:49 pm
Bottle Cap

Very nice work, your pearly effect really makes the models stand out as unique. And you're right, your crystals are very good as well

Keep it up!

My painted SDE gallery

March 14th, 2017, 10:02 pm
Bottle Cap

The forum allows images up to 800 pixels large. So just check the size of your image before you upload it. A site like imgur.com will let you edit the images after they're uploaded to flip or resize them.

March 16th, 2017, 1:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]