View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Alice's Super Dungeon Plog 
Bottle Cap

Hey all! My name is Alice and I'm new to Super Dungeon, but I was instantly hooked! It's all just so CUTE! I've got the original game, as well as Forgotten King both new. I decided to start a paint blog, as I paint up both sets. constructive feedback is always welcome.

So here is my first ever Super Dungeon mini, the Ember Mage. She is my favourite character in the game, it's so much fun to blow up Kobalds with fiery explosions :) I've got a painting binge planned on the weekend, so much more coming soon.

October 19th, 2017, 10:12 am
Minion

Welcome to SDE. Your Mage looks great. How much experience do you have painting minis? What kind of minis did you paint before discovering SDE?

October 19th, 2017, 10:30 pm
Consul

Welcome to the forum and to the game. It's always fun to see people's painted minis :)

October 20th, 2017, 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Thank you for the warm welcome Goblin Mage and Goblin King :D

@GoblinMage I've been painting minis for about the last 3 years or so. My much older brother go me into tabletop gaming when I was really young, with games like HeroQuest and Space Crusade. I got back into a few years ago and I've been painting minis ever since. Mainly Warhammer and 40K as that what he played, but I've started to discover there is a whole world of minis outside of GW :)

@Goblin-King Yes its always cool to see other peoples take on minis. My lil gaming group consists of me and my mates Ursula and Roxanne. We are all really into Final Fantasy, so there will definitely be some cross over with my minis :)

Princess Emerald WIP
She's coming together really nicely I think. I've gone for a more Goth/Steampunk look for her. She just needs some extra highlights and a bot of tidying up.

October 20th, 2017, 11:10 am
Minion

You are clearly a very talented painter, EmberMage. I really like your work. Keep it up and please post more. :)

October 22nd, 2017, 9:45 am
Bottle Cap

Thanks very much Vampifan :D More pics coming tomorrow, including first minion! Played another game yesterday, which makes 5 games now. I tried out a new hero too, which will be finished and posted tomorrow :)

October 23rd, 2017, 12:38 am
Bottle Cap

Hey all! So next up is my take on the Tabbybrook mage. I've gone for a Final Fantasy White Mage/Devout look. She was a lot of fun to paint, I much prefer the Forgotten King era miniature plastic. I've used her in a couple of games now too, and I really like her play style. I adjusted her pose as it looks weird standard, works better for me with her tilting forward running.

And next is my first minion, quack!

I've also added Beatrix the Witch Queen and Mistmourn Coast to my collection. I'm planning on working on Beatrix next for Halloween, but do let me know if anyone has any requests for minis they would like to see.

Thanks! xx

October 24th, 2017, 11:54 am
Bottle Cap

Hey everyone! Here's my latest addition the Hex Cast Sorceress. I'm currently using her as the Sanctioned Witch and having a lot of fun. I've gone for the White Mage from Bravely Default look. I think she is my favourite so far :)

November 3rd, 2017, 11:16 pm
Minion

Top notch painting on all of your figures. Your paint schemes work really well.

November 5th, 2017, 11:09 am
Ninja Corps

I really like the attention to the orbs at the end of the casters' staves. Great glow/warmth effect.

November 5th, 2017, 2:34 pm
Denizen

I second Meankeb's comment on your OSL's on the staves!

and welcome to the board!

November 6th, 2017, 2:54 pm
Bottle Cap

Thank you Vamp, Meankeb and Salaura :D I really love painting the "magic" bits on the staffs.
Next up is the Glimmerdust Ranger. This is for my friend Ursula as this is her character. She asked me to incorporate "pink"
into the model somewhere. So I've gone for a Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past, Link theme.

And Roxs faithful companion Madam Hilde, Rox is playing Brave Mode Candy, who I will be painting next :)

November 6th, 2017, 3:11 pm
Ninja Corps

Awesome. Keep posting stuff up. It looks great!

"My wife lets me keep all of the miniatures she doesn't know about."

November 7th, 2017, 3:18 am
Denizen

Stuff looks really good, keep up the good work.

Edit: If you and your group are in the NY area, I have a SDE campaign going that your group can piggyback on if you want and run parallel to us.

November 8th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Bottle Cap

Ta very much Varagon and Dsdrew! Much more coming soon! :D

@DsDrew Unfortunately we are all in the UK, but thanks for the offer! :)

November 8th, 2017, 1:36 pm
Consul

I can understand why the Hexcast is your favorite. That OSL looks great.

November 11th, 2017, 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Thank you so much Goblin King :)

This was a custom paint/sculpt job for a friend who plays Brave Mode Candy, but also wanted a Cloud themed Moogle pet. This was my first time sculpting, I know I need lots of practice, but It was so much fun!

November 24th, 2017, 8:27 pm
Minion

Your Moogle is superb. If that is your first time sculpting then you have genuine talent. My first sculpts were just awful!

November 25th, 2017, 10:25 am
Bottle Cap

Thank you Vampifan :) He was a lot of fun to make, much more sculpting ahead!

Here is my latest work. The Hearthsworn Princess. Since Princess Ruby is such a tiny model, I made her into a Kickass Dwarf Princess! This was my first go at NMM too. I'm so happy with how the axe blade came out, I'm going to go back and do all her metal NMM. I also made her a quick game card using the Sister of Light stats.

December 4th, 2017, 4:02 pm
Minion

She looks great. I think that is how Princess Ruby would look when she decided to quit being a healer and become a bad girl warrior. She would bring out the shield and axe and kick some major butt. Keep up the good work.

December 5th, 2017, 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]