View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 9:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Endless mode, Shooting Gallery and co-op alternate rules 
Denizen

Congratulations on the addition to the family! I'll get the basic layout set up then, but I won't share anything until it's dialed in.

September 22nd, 2017, 6:05 am
Minion

I also would like to congratulate you about the baby. I hope your baby will sleep through the nights for you. I can remember all the sleepless nights we had when our kids were first born. I love my kids very much and I can say that they have been a blessing in our lives and worth all the sleepless nights.

Unfortunately I have been unable to help playtest any of the wonderful ideas you have had. With school back in session for my kids we have been overwhelmed with homework and school activities. Also my wife is a very dedicated school teacher and most nights doesn't get home until after six at night. I hope that we can do some playtesting this weekend. I also hope that when we play my daughter doesn't roll like she did last game. She was Geronimo and constantly rolled fullhouses or better. We spent a good share of the game getting back on the train because of Geronimo's ability.

I love the ideas that everyone is coming up with new ways to play RRI. One thing we do is that we put all of the raider cards in a bag and then each draw a random card. It isn't anything big like your ideas, but it keeps things fun and interesting. This keeps anyone from constantly playing with the same character every game. It can be quite entertaining to watch someone that is more aggressive of a player have to play with a character that requires a more strategic play style or vice versa. It has been a little bit of a challenge for my kids to try to adapt to the different playstyles, but they have done well.

September 22nd, 2017, 5:32 pm
Minion

thanks guys, I'm gonna try to get a handful of playtests in this weekend

unfortunately she sleeps all day and wants to be up all night but we're working on it. I don't sleep much anyway.

gonna have to try out geronimo and see how he affects the endless mode, I've been playing mostly with typhoon because I love trigun.

just got an email from spm with some interesting rules clarifacations for dead mans hand and getting back on the train. playtesting new modes will be a little easier now.

September 22nd, 2017, 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Can you share the info SPM sent you? I know there are questions out there about such things...

September 22nd, 2017, 10:10 pm
Minion

Dead Man's Hand says "Until the end of your turn, if you make the lowest ranking hand in a fight, you win that fight."

Since it doesn't mention any changes to what happens if you make the high hand it doesn't change what happens in that case.

So until the end of your turn if you make the highest hand or the lowest hand you win the fight.

If a player's Raider is Off the Train at the beginning of their turn they may board on the caboose or attempt to board further on to the train.

Since the sections of the rule-book that talk about being off the train and boarding the train do not say that it costs an action to board the train, a Raider that does successfully board the train may take 3 actions as normal for their turn.

September 22nd, 2017, 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

just played a couple games heres some notes/ideas I have,

shooting gallery : setup is the same as regular rules, remove [$$] scoring loot cards.
I kept the 8 high noon cards per player, same amount of tiles per the rules chart.
each player pulls a number of loot cards (max 3) per # of players and chooses one to start the game with (i found that without loot weapons there wasn't much lawbot killings)
game ends when the high noon deck ends or a raider moves onto the locomotive

for even more [$$] goodness double each train cars laotl cards drawn.

I think the shooting gallery and dash mode are about done though, just need written out a little better and clearer (which i'll work on) I wanted them to be faster paced but the lawbots seem to but a damper on that being slow to take out.

added rules to the first post on pg1 including ideas for co-op

September 22nd, 2017, 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Can't wait for people to actually get there copies. I mean these rules look ace. Its just insulting there isn't even an estimation for non-U.S delivery and people over a month ago who had nothing to do with backing it were able to buy physical copies. Cola going on the e-shop yesterday was some real salt in the old kickstarter wounds. The proudly boast how 90% of U.S backers have their pledges but not even that is strictly true when so many people on websites like BGG are reporting missing items...

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

September 23rd, 2017, 7:18 pm
Minion

Me either, I'm looking forward to seeing others alternate rules and painted miniatures. I hope the row get theirs soon and we all get our missing items in a timely manner. Spm has definitley done some major damage to itself with its mishandling of this kickstarter and it will be interesting to see if they follow down this same path with the 3 remaining kickstarters or learn and change for the better before they piss off everyone and go broke. I'm still tied in for legends and a few other crossover pieces so I'll be paying close attention.

September 23rd, 2017, 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

My family and I finally got a chance to do some playtesting this weekend. It was a nice change of pace. The scores stayed pretty close the entire game. We played the double dollar dash and the shooting gallery.

The double dollar dash game was intense since nobody knew what round would be the last. We found the locomotive before the cards ran out. There were a couple of rounds I got kicked off the train, because I was on the last train car when a new car was revealed. Everyone that got kicked off the train this way had no problems rolling to get back on. It became a balance of scoring money and moving forward fast enough to insure you weren't at the end of the train. My daughter would stay at the front of the train and kept revealing new cars forcing the slowpokes off the train. She has always had a tendency to be lucky at rolling high in showdowns and scoring high loot counters.

The shooting gallery was also fun. My son liked that you only got moved when you lost a showdown with another raider. Not losing money made getting kicked to another train car more bearable for him. I liked this variation of the game, because normally everyone waits until I clear the lawbots out of a car and then they go to search it. For some strange reason I do fine rolling against lawbots, but I always roll poorly against other raiders in opposed searches.

We also played a version that combined the two variations. We used the idea of the train car progression from double dollar dash with the idea of only using lawbots, no loot counters, from shooting gallery. This was really fun. I like to call it Stampede since everyone was hurrying to the front of the train. We did notice that there are quite a few raiders that their abilities have something to do with searches so they weren't as good to use as others. I hope that this information helps.

October 2nd, 2017, 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2